Being shot for going to the wrong house

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Being shot for going to the wrong house

Post by philip964 »

This seems to have become an issue in multiple states.

Kansas City, New York State and New Mexico.

When someone knocks at your door, don’t open it. Talk through the closed door.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/17/kaylin-gi ... r-sheriff/

Passenger in car is murdered by homeowner when driver pulls into wrong driveway in New York State countryside.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/17/us/kansa ... index.html

16 yo teen goes to wrong street to pick up his brother and is shot in the head and arm by homeowner who opened the door with a gun.

Kansas City has 80th Street and 80th Terrace one block apart with same house numbers. Easy to get confused.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vi ... -rcna79848

Police go to wrong address across the street in New Mexico. Knock on door loudly late at night. Kill homeowner when he opens door with gun in hand. Then wife picks up dead husbands gun assuming it’s criminals and shoots at officers they shoot back. She stops shooting when they say police. She is not shot.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Being shot for going to the wrong house

Post by OneGun »

These are very sad cases, and the shooters are going to learn the hard lesson that they are accountable and responsible for every round they fire.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/AoSfFDkX_Rp2l3Lp91r-2Jg

Two Texas High School cheerleaders are shot after getting in the wrong car at the HEB parking lot.

Shooter has no defense whatsoever, enjoy prison.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

lets add the fbi and dod illegally entered a wrong hotel room and detained a sleeping pilot and or were in process of water boarding him when they realized oooop wrong room

its really getting strange
the 80 plus year old guy shooting the teen, strikes me he was very paranoid from recent out of control crime and most likely was scared to death and didnt put plan A into affect to actually see if the kid was a threat before he shot
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

IMHO... the incidence of this situation is being brought on by the high increase of violent crime across American cities. People are getting real nervous about being the victim of crime and fighting back. I am not excusing these bad shoots. I am simply of the opinion that this is being brought on by fear of becoming a victim.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Years ago (8?) I hear a male voice inside my house and my wife yells upstairs that a policeman is in the house. Apparently came in through an unlocked patio door (don't get me started :roll: ).

Me: Is he in uniform?
Wife: Yes
Me: Look out the window, look a few houses down in both directions and tell me if you see a marked car.
Wife: Yes... down by (2 houses down) house.
Me: I'll be down in a minute

So... there's a LEO in my house with his patrol rifle (AR) and me upstairs, out of sight with a shotgun. Coulda been bad.

Officer asks some question about our alarm (did not go off), checks ID, leaves.
Maybe 20 minutes later officer returns and apologizes... The alarm call was the same house number on the other side of the neighborhood.

I thanked him for following up. The mutual head nods were, to me, an acknowledgment that things could have gone differently fairly easily.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

As someone says "you're never in more danger than when the cops are around"

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:19 pm IMHO... the incidence of this situation is being brought on by the high increase of violent crime across American cities. People are getting real nervous about being the victim of crime and fighting back. I am not excusing these bad shoots. I am simply of the opinion that this is being brought on by fear of becoming a victim.
agree with you very much
news today was chocked full of craziness
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2023/04/19/6-year-ol ... lina-yard/

Man shoots 6 yo and her parents after a basketball rolls into his yard in NC.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:31 pm https://apple.news/AoSfFDkX_Rp2l3Lp91r-2Jg

Two Texas High School cheerleaders are shot after getting in the wrong car at the HEB parking lot.

Shooter has no defense whatsoever, enjoy prison.
Surveillance footage of the incident showed Rodriguez fleeing the scene, the complaint says, and authorities noted that he was “an individual known by Elgin Police Officers from previous law enforcement encounters.” Authorities did not give details on Rodriguez’s previous encounters with law enforcement.
Sounds like Rodriguez is a sicko.

What the media publishes these days is SO FAR from the truth, that it may take years for facts to come out on some of the other shootings. The way the media is going criminals who got shot by homeowners might have been driving an M1 Abrams tank and opening fire with a machinegun and the media would have portrayed them as innocent victims. Rittenhouse was lucky everything was on video online. The facts in SGT Perry's case didn't start drifting out until AFTER his trial. CRAZY.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Crime Blotter”