The 2nd Amendment and transgenderism

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

The 2nd Amendment and transgenderism

Post by philip964 »

https://www.advocate.com/news/transgend ... ederal-gun

Transgender woman fired from federal job for posting a video of her (him) with her AR15.

BTW Colorado has recently passed a number of anti gun laws.

03Lightningrocks

Re: The 2nd Amendment and transgenderism

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:13 pm https://www.advocate.com/news/transgend ... ederal-gun

Transgender woman fired from federal job for posting a video of her (him) with her AR15.

I get confused with all this woke nonsense. Is this a biological female or male? If it is a dude...call it a dude. If it is a woman, call it a woman. Wearing "girl face" does not make it a girl and conversely, wearing "man face" does not make it a man. I will change my mind when I am allowed to wear "black face" and claim I am a black dude or paint my face red and call myself a tomato.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:22 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:13 pm https://www.advocate.com/news/transgend ... ederal-gun

I get confused with all this woke nonsense. Is this a biological female or male? If it is a dude...call it a dude. If it is a woman, call it a woman. Wearing "girl face" does not make it a girl and conversely, wearing "man face" does not make it a man. I will change my mind when I am allowed to wear "black face" and claim I am a black dude or paint my face red and call myself a tomato.
Call it an “It”.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

anygunanywhere wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:28 pm

Call it an “It”.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

A transgender woman is a man. A transgender man is a woman.

So when you hear transgender it is the opposite of what’s next.

Where it gets confusing is sexual orientation. Psychologists used to have a scale from 1 to 10 to handle this. So a straight man who wants to dress like a woman, but is attracted to woman is a one. A gay man who wants to dress like a woman, but is attracted to men is a ten. A ten wants to have what’s called bottom surgery. Where a one maybe only wants what’s called top surgery.

No one talks about this subject. I suspect Katlin Jenner is a one, but Sonny and Cher’s daughter is a ten, but I have no idea.

Where it could affect us is if Brandon passes laws requiring us to date transgenders.

In any case regardless, transgenders have a 2nd amendment right.
Last edited by philip964 on Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wheelgun1958 »

I always got a laugh when Rush talked about 'male lesbians.'

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Call it an “It”.
Not a great way to win anyone over to our side.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Chemist45 »

DIAD
Dude In A Dress

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:44 pm
Call it an “It”.
I’m not trying to win anyone over to our side. Their side is lunatic insane freaking nuts and there’s no reasoning with crazy insane freaks. They need to be in straight jackets in padded rooms being heavily medicated at regular intervals.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

anygunanywhere wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:49 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:44 pm
Call it an “It”.
I’m not trying to win anyone over to our side. Their side is lunatic insane freaking nuts and there’s no reasoning with crazy insane freaks. They need to be in straight jackets in padded rooms being heavily medicated at regular intervals.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

As far as what the future might hold, here's a rather disturbing chart from Statista.

Is there some mass biological event happening in the United States? Nope. Is there some sort of mass indoctrination being carried out by way of our educational systems, leftist political agendas, and mainstream and social media? Hm. A lot more likely. "How can we get more people to view themselves not as part of a unified America, but to primarily affix their self-identity to some 'minority' block so that there is constant tension in the populous?"

But I think we do have to be concerned about the societal aspects of 2A. In Generation Z (born 1997-2011), over one-fifth of them identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender. It's 10.5% among Millennials. After Generation Z is Generation Alpha, those born beginning in 2012 (though various sources have slightly different by-year breakdowns for all the groupings), and I fear the escalation to "gender fluidity" is only increasing. Can you say drag shows for pre-teens and introduction of gender-different reading and course materials in elementary and middle schools?

It won't happen in my lifetime, but the Second Amendment is always under attack and, if the political stars align for the left, its repeal is possible.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:09 am As far as what the future might hold, here's a rather disturbing chart from Statista.

Is there some mass biological event happening in the United States? Nope. Is there some sort of mass indoctrination being carried out by way of our educational systems, leftist political agendas, and mainstream and social media? Hm. A lot more likely. "How can we get more people to view themselves not as part of a unified America, but to primarily affix their self-identity to some 'minority' block so that there is constant tension in the populous?"

But I think we do have to be concerned about the societal aspects of 2A. In Generation Z (born 1997-2011), over one-fifth of them identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender. It's 10.5% among Millennials. After Generation Z is Generation Alpha, those born beginning in 2012 (though various sources have slightly different by-year breakdowns for all the groupings), and I fear the escalation to "gender fluidity" is only increasing. Can you say drag shows for pre-teens and introduction of gender-different reading and course materials in elementary and middle schools?

It won't happen in my lifetime, but the Second Amendment is always under attack and, if the political stars align for the left, its repeal is possible.
All of this…^^^

That said, by virtue of my job, I’ve had more conversations in the past 3 years than in the previous 67, with people who have either fully transitioned surgically one way or the other, or who simply like to dress and act like their opposite gender. (In this context, I use gender and sex interchangeably. Your real gender is whatever your sex chromosomes say it is…male or female. Biology doesn’t lie.) Whenever those conversations have turned to the 2A—almost unavoidable sometimes because it’s inside a gun store—I usually express the idea that the 2A is for ALL of us, regardless of color, age, sexual preference, genetic gender or gender identity…it’s even for furries. :mrgreen:

I’ve found that it’s possible to have some remarkably frank conversations that way. Regardless of what I think of transgenderism, for instance, it’s highly likely that the individual transgender person has been bullied for it at some point in their life, and that owning and carrying a firearm to protect themselves is a perfectly valid concept.

Balanced against that is the probability that at least some of these folks are pretty psychologically unstable, and maybe they shouldn't carry a gun. But that’s not my determination to make, and until they actually do something wrong with that gun, can they be denied the right to carry it? My answer would be, if we want to be consistent in our outrage against red-flag laws, then we have to support the RKBA for ALL people, some (but not all) convicted felons aside.

Ditto for other hot-button issues like marijuana use and gun rights. I think it was in Tennessee that that whackadoodle state legislator—who has recently adopted Jesse Jackson's speech patterns—authored a bill that would take away 2A rights from anybody who takes a prescribed medication from a list of drugs that are sometimes used to treat mental health issues. The problem is that many of those drugs are also prescribed to treat NON-mental health issues. I was disturbed to see that one of the drugs on that list was prescribed to me in a low dose by my personal care physician a few months ago…for an aging problem NOT related to my mental health. That manure blister of a legislator would squash my 2A rights for no medically justifiable reason. I hope he chokes on a chicken bone. :mad5
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Very much a perspective from the trenches, TAM. Thanks for that.

But...what "aging problem?" You don' have no steenkin' aging problem.

Years ago I used to think that my ideal situation in retirement would be to run an independent bookstore. Now basically all the independent brick-and-mortar bookstores have gone the way of the dodo. Now I think it would be to work in a gun store, or a range that also sells guns. Keep things going for me! Don't let independent gun stores go away like booksellers have!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

03Lighteningrocks wrote in Mean Streets of Houston the following:

“My issue with Transgenders owning firearms is that they are all suffering from a mental condition know as gender dysphoria. Mentally unstable people should not be allowed to purchase firearms. It is no different than allowing a serial killer or a mentally incapacitated drug addict to purchase firearms. It is th same reason we should not allow a domestic violent child abuser or spousal abuser to own a firearm. They are far more likely to use the weapon to extract violence on the public with a firearm. For the record, the last four "active shooters" were all suffering from gender dysphoria and chose to extract revenge on those they perceive as their enemies. I don't give a good golly darn how much the woke attempt to characterize gender dysphoria as normal human behavior. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason people suffering from this mental condition are attempting to indoctrinate our children as young as 5-6 years old is to make a sickness common enough to justify their own mental instability. If gender dysphoria is a normal human condition, there is no need to indoctrinate children to accept it as an option. These kids are very susceptible to adult cohercian. For christs sake, children believe in Santa Clause, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny. Scientist who claim ridiculous theories about it being something that happens in the womb are full of crap. It is a mental condition and accepting it is just as insane and misguided as accepting serial killers and child abusers.”

I personally know two transgender women, they are normal except for this decision they made. They just like anyone else should be able to own and carry guns in Texas. Both pass the eye test and have no face tattoos.

I agree that transgender persons are more likely to commit suicide than non trans people. I have heard up to 50%. Up until a few years ago I believe transgenderism was considered a mental disorder not sure that is the case today.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:44 pm
I agree that transgender persons are more likely to commit suicide than non trans people. I have heard up to 50%. Up until a few years ago I believe transgenderism was considered a mental disorder not sure that is the case today.
And Covid can be stopped by cloth face diapers, vaccines work and shutting down all schools was a really good move. Science is no longer science. It is leftist big money purchasing opinions that support their agenda. One can normalize things such as random looting, murders by black people against other black people and theft in stores until it forces them out of business, simply by using propaganda to put forth a completely false narrative. Climate change is going to kill us all in 12 years and right in there with all the other malarkey "science" is the propaganda that has been pushed believing one is some other sex than the one they are born with. They are now making the first inroads into accepting pedophilia and likely next is accepting beastiality. I too have known people suffering from a mental illness. It does not change the fact that it is a mental illness. It simply means that I have accepted and hope their mental illness does not cause them to become dangerous.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”