SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Re: SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:17 pm
eyedoc wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:28 am
Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:27 pm
Rafe wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 pm Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
Yeah. Manual chest-compression CPR ain't exactly the first thing you'd go to if someone has a sucking chest wound. :shock: Or, "Officer, the victim was clearly bleeding out from a femoral artery wound so I immediately started CPR." :shock: :shock:

Please never let Steven Spainhouer be anywhere near me if I get shot... And Spainhouer has been constantly and incessantly tweeting and posting about it since it happened. In fact, he's changed his Twitter profile to quote a tweet he launched yesterday about the event. And he's giving interviews anywhere and everywhere. You read his spiel, and it sounds like he personally laid hands on and tried to save every single individual who had been shot or even just fell down and sprained an ankle.

Sounds very much to me like a smarmy small-time politician who is doing everything in his power to maximize his 15 minutes of fame on the back of a tragedy.
Wonder if Mr. Spainhouer has any training in trauma first aid or tactical combat casualty care?
He is only your typical liberal lying to push his agenda. He was not there doing what he said he did.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/witness-who- ... ons-police

The Allen Police Department said Spainhouer's public comments caused them to conduct a second interview with him, after which they revealed he had given several incorrect statements.

"Mr. Spainhouer arrived between 3:44 and 3:52 p.m. and was not first on the scene, nor was he on the property while gunfire was occurring," the department said, adding that Spainhouer "did not perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or administer first aid" and "did not move a deceased mother who was covering a live child."

"As inaccurate reports can be prevalent in such situations, it is essential to confirm information before sharing it," the department said. "Please take note of this to prevent unintentional spreading of misinformation."
If he made those claims in a first interview with the police, it seems he has broken the law by giving false statements to the police. Charges should be brought against him. I am not saying to throw him in jail, maybe probation or a fine. But then he can spend the rest of his days with his lies as his official record.
Agreed.

Per the timeline the shooting started at 3:36pm and ended at 3:40pm

I suggest Spainhouer should be thoroughly questioned by law enforcement to determine what he knew and when he knew it. What was he doing before the attack? If this was an organized attack, Spainhouer was on site remarkably quickly after the shooting started. Was he waiting for the shooting to stop to move into position? Terrorists use the media to magnify the terror and Spainhouer may have had a formal role as a media disinfo agent. Honestly he sounds like a good lead as far as showing this was an organized attack.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:iagree:

philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Post by philip964 »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:06 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:17 pm
eyedoc wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:28 am
Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:27 pm
Rafe wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 pm Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
Yeah. Manual chest-compression CPR ain't exactly the first thing you'd go to if someone has a sucking chest wound. :shock: Or, "Officer, the victim was clearly bleeding out from a femoral artery wound so I immediately started CPR." :shock: :shock:

Please never let Steven Spainhouer be anywhere near me if I get shot... And Spainhouer has been constantly and incessantly tweeting and posting about it since it happened. In fact, he's changed his Twitter profile to quote a tweet he launched yesterday about the event. And he's giving interviews anywhere and everywhere. You read his spiel, and it sounds like he personally laid hands on and tried to save every single individual who had been shot or even just fell down and sprained an ankle.

Sounds very much to me like a smarmy small-time politician who is doing everything in his power to maximize his 15 minutes of fame on the back of a tragedy.
Wonder if Mr. Spainhouer has any training in trauma first aid or tactical combat casualty care?
He is only your typical liberal lying to push his agenda. He was not there doing what he said he did.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/witness-who- ... ons-police

The Allen Police Department said Spainhouer's public comments caused them to conduct a second interview with him, after which they revealed he had given several incorrect statements.

"Mr. Spainhouer arrived between 3:44 and 3:52 p.m. and was not first on the scene, nor was he on the property while gunfire was occurring," the department said, adding that Spainhouer "did not perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or administer first aid" and "did not move a deceased mother who was covering a live child."

"As inaccurate reports can be prevalent in such situations, it is essential to confirm information before sharing it," the department said. "Please take note of this to prevent unintentional spreading of misinformation."
If he made those claims in a first interview with the police, it seems he has broken the law by giving false statements to the police. Charges should be brought against him. I am not saying to throw him in jail, maybe probation or a fine. But then he can spend the rest of his days with his lies as his official record.
Agreed.

Per the timeline the shooting started at 3:36pm and ended at 3:40pm

I suggest Spainhouer should be thoroughly questioned by law enforcement to determine what he knew and when he knew it. What was he doing before the attack? If this was an organized attack, Spainhouer was on site remarkably quickly after the shooting started. Was he waiting for the shooting to stop to move into position? Terrorists use the media to magnify the terror and Spainhouer may have had a formal role as a media disinfo agent. Honestly he sounds like a good lead as far as showing this was an organized attack.
With the body armor, how he left the car for a quick get away, I suspect the terrorist was not planning on committing suicide with this event. It was only by accident that a brave and heroic police office with excellent marksmanship was at the scene when he started shooting.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but this could have easily been an attack hatched on the internet, with multiple persons involved, including crisis actors, like this Spainhouer individual.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Paladin »

Body worn-camera video from first responding officer to Allen Premium Outlets on May 6, 2023. ** Viewer discretion advised **

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by carlson1 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:22 am Body worn-camera video from first responding officer to Allen Premium Outlets on May 6, 2023. ** Viewer discretion advised **
He ran a pretty good distance. Hard to hold zero after running like that.

03Lightningrocks

WOW! That didn't go down how I pictured it at all. Now I can understand the eyeball hit. I had assumed the officer only had his sidearm, and he took longer than I had envisioned to get to the shooter. Nice hit though.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The video is very enlightening about how FAR the officer had to run from his cruiser to the bad guy.

He fired 14 shots from his AR. Can we assume a 20 round mag? If so, he would have had only 6 more AR rounds.
Then what? Would he have an extra AR mag on him, or would he have to go to his pistol? Most LEO's seem to carry 3 extra pistol mags,
and since he was close to the BG after the AR may have gone dry, he still could have put a bunch of lead on the problem child.

If there were multiple BG's, this would have gotten even more dicey for the officer.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by carlson1 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:02 pm The video is very enlightening about how FAR the officer had to run from his cruiser to the bad guy.

He fired 14 shots from his AR. Can we assume a 20 round mag? If so, he would have had only 6 more AR rounds.
Then what? Would he have an extra AR mag on him, or would he have to go to his pistol? Most LEO's seem to carry 3 extra pistol mags,
and since he was close to the BG after the AR may have gone dry, he still could have put a bunch of lead on the problem child.

If there were multiple BG's, this would have gotten even more dicey for the officer.

SIA
It appears to be two 30 round mags to me.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I didn't notice two 30 round mags. Then he had plenty of rounds before he would have run dry.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

03Lightningrocks

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:02 pm The video is very enlightening about how FAR the officer had to run from his cruiser to the bad guy.

SIA
That officer is a hero in my mind and I don't say this to take away from his bravery running into that situation but I was trying to count how many rounds he fired and could not help wondering where those rounds went.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:05 pm

SIA
That officer is a hero in my mind and I don't say this to take away from his bravery running into that situation but I was trying to count how many rounds he fired and could not help wondering where those rounds went.
I was wondering the same thing. How many hits on perp from 14 rounds and where did the rest of them end up?

philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Post by philip964 »

I was in Dallas. The wife loves outlet malls. We went to the one in Allen where this tragedy occurred. The mall is packed, every parking space is taken.

RIP to those who were murdered for no reason what so ever.

Thank you Lord for the hero officer who ran towards danger and saved so many.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”