SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

It's a Simon Malls property. Somewhere on the property will be a sign or plaque with the Simon Malls 'Code of Conduct' which includes non30.0x compliant 'no guns' clauses.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am seeing many posts from folks who don't sound familiar at all what this "mall" is. I might suggest one try this link to google maps to get a better idea of the layout of this mall and ask yourself where one might find a plaque, sign or any other notice of a gun buster sign. Keep in mind that this is a very large and highly trafficked area of a very bustling and busy city. I would love for anyone to tell me exactly where this "sign" would be located. I live close enough to happily search it out. I sincerely want to know where it is located because I am not believing there is one. There are no less than 10 entrances to this mall, all off of VERY VERY busy multilane roads. You are lucky if you can get into this place without being hit by another car. If they have any signs at any of these entrances, it would be next to impossible to even notice them, much less hang out and read the fine details of the rules.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Allen ... %2F03l_x8f

03Lightningrocks

By the way. I was with my SIL, daughter and grand daughter yesterday and on Stacy road coming from dinner out and the Allen Police still had police cars blocking off the access points off Stacy road. It may be awhile before they allow people back into the place. I don't know. It may be awhile before I entertain going back anyway. Not out of fear from another crazy person but more out of a sense of feeling somewhat morbid attending a place where folks lost their lives in such a horrible manner.

philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:31 pm I am seeing many posts from folks who don't sound familiar at all what this "mall" is. I might suggest one try this link to google maps to get a better idea of the layout of this mall and ask yourself where one might find a plaque, sign or any other notice of a gun buster sign. Keep in mind that this is a very large and highly trafficked area of a very bustling and busy city. I would love for anyone to tell me exactly where this "sign" would be located. I live close enough to happily search it out. I sincerely want to know where it is located because I am not believing there is one. There are no less than 10 entrances to this mall, all off of VERY VERY busy multilane roads. You are lucky if you can get into this place without being hit by another car. If they have any signs at any of these entrances, it would be next to impossible to even notice them, much less hang out and read the fine details of the rules.

Went there once maybe a year ago. So big I parked near one store I wanted to go to, then moved the car to go to the other store. It is really a large shopping area. If they have signs, they are at each individual store entrance. I was probably there on a Sunday afternoon and it was a zoo.

Not a place you would suspect anything like this would happen.

Does anyone know if the security guard who was shot and killed was armed? Will they ever tell us?

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by carlson1 »

philip964 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:20 pm
Does anyone know if the security guard who was shot and killed was armed? Will they ever tell us?
My guess would be no since he was only 20 years. I don’t know much about armed security, but I would think you had to be at least 21. Very sad.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:31 pm I am seeing many posts from folks who don't sound familiar at all what this "mall" is. I might suggest one try this link to google maps to get a better idea of the layout of this mall and ask yourself where one might find a plaque, sign or any other notice of a gun buster sign. Keep in mind that this is a very large and highly trafficked area of a very bustling and busy city. I would love for anyone to tell me exactly where this "sign" would be located. I live close enough to happily search it out. I sincerely want to know where it is located because I am not believing there is one. There are no less than 10 entrances to this mall, all off of VERY VERY busy multilane roads. You are lucky if you can get into this place without being hit by another car. If they have any signs at any of these entrances, it would be next to impossible to even notice them, much less hang out and read the fine details of the rules.

I looked at the street views on Google Maps, but, most of the images were from 2018. The most recent (2021) view of the entrance off Stacy Rd shows only some towing enforced and no mall parking signs.... Nothing about guns, not even a gunbuster.

Scanning through the images of the storefronts, again from 2021, I didn't see any stores posted, but, I only scanned around quickly.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks

RoyGBiv wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:03 am

I looked at the street views on Google Maps, but, most of the images were from 2018. The most recent (2021) view of the entrance off Stacy Rd shows only some towing enforced and no mall parking signs.... Nothing about guns, not even a gunbuster.

Scanning through the images of the storefronts, again from 2021, I didn't see any stores posted, but, I only scanned around quickly.
I did that as well. To be honest, my first concern was that somehow I had and have been violating the law by carrying concealed on the property. One reason I posted that link of the arial view was to show just how massive that place is. If you put it in Satellite mode you can get a good visual of the way the parking and different stores are laid out. When a place is referred to as a "mall", it can conjure up many different visuals to folks who are not familiar with the place or area being called a "mall". I am believing there is actually no way to legally post a property like this one. The only real option would be if an individual store posted at it's own doors. Like mentioned by someone above, this place is like a zoo. Maybe 3 ring circus would better describe it. I am not even certain where the malls property begins and the public access roads and parking ends. There is a ridiculous amount of traffic and people all over that place. My intentions are to carry concealed as usual anytime I go onto the property. There are no actual "access gates".

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

ScottDLS wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:55 am
C-dub wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:10 am I’ve been to this “mall” a few times, but only to one store. That one store is not posted. Since it is an outdoor type mall there are several buildings and it is fairly spread out.
Yeah Lott is wrong, it's not a "gun free zone". It's virtually impossible to post an outdoor mall with all 3 signs necessary. And most Simon Indoor malls aren't even posted. I heard about the shooting yesterday on my way home from the range to among other things shoot my EDC. I live in the DFW area, so this just convinced me even more to carry everywhere not prohibited by 46.03. I care not a whit about "signs" and will carry anyway. Anyway I'm a VERP (prove I'm not to give me a $200 ticket).
Ok, nothing is clicking at the moment, what is VERP?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ScottDLS »

LDB415 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:24 am
ScottDLS wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:55 am
C-dub wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:10 am I’ve been to this “mall” a few times, but only to one store. That one store is not posted. Since it is an outdoor type mall there are several buildings and it is fairly spread out.
Yeah Lott is wrong, it's not a "gun free zone". It's virtually impossible to post an outdoor mall with all 3 signs necessary. And most Simon Indoor malls aren't even posted. I heard about the shooting yesterday on my way home from the range to among other things shoot my EDC. I live in the DFW area, so this just convinced me even more to carry everywhere not prohibited by 46.03. I care not a whit about "signs" and will carry anyway. Anyway I'm a VERP (prove I'm not to give me a $200 ticket).
Ok, nothing is clicking at the moment, what is VERP?
Volunteer Emergency Response Personnel ;-)
TXPC 30.06

(f) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the license holder is volunteer emergency services personnel, as defined by Section 46.01.

4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Post by philip964 »

carlson1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:13 pm
My guess would be no since he was only 20 years. I don’t know much about armed security, but I would think you had to be at least 21. Very sad.
Poor kid. Poor kids parents. Being put in a soldiers uniform and sent into battle without a gun.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PriestTheRunner »

philip964 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:03 pm
carlson1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:13 pm
Poor kid. Poor kids parents. Being put in a soldiers uniform and sent into battle without a gun.
I'm a Tx Lvl IV (PPO).

Yes, there is a minimum 21 years requirement for commissioned (IE armed) security per Texas Occupations Code 1703

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by eyedoc »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:27 pm
Rafe wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 pm Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
Yeah. Manual chest-compression CPR ain't exactly the first thing you'd go to if someone has a sucking chest wound. :shock: Or, "Officer, the victim was clearly bleeding out from a femoral artery wound so I immediately started CPR." :shock: :shock:

Please never let Steven Spainhouer be anywhere near me if I get shot... And Spainhouer has been constantly and incessantly tweeting and posting about it since it happened. In fact, he's changed his Twitter profile to quote a tweet he launched yesterday about the event. And he's giving interviews anywhere and everywhere. You read his spiel, and it sounds like he personally laid hands on and tried to save every single individual who had been shot or even just fell down and sprained an ankle.

Sounds very much to me like a smarmy small-time politician who is doing everything in his power to maximize his 15 minutes of fame on the back of a tragedy.
Wonder if Mr. Spainhouer has any training in trauma first aid or tactical combat casualty care?
He is only your typical liberal lying to push his agenda. He was not there doing what he said he did.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/witness-who- ... ons-police

The Allen Police Department said Spainhouer's public comments caused them to conduct a second interview with him, after which they revealed he had given several incorrect statements.

"Mr. Spainhouer arrived between 3:44 and 3:52 p.m. and was not first on the scene, nor was he on the property while gunfire was occurring," the department said, adding that Spainhouer "did not perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or administer first aid" and "did not move a deceased mother who was covering a live child."

"As inaccurate reports can be prevalent in such situations, it is essential to confirm information before sharing it," the department said. "Please take note of this to prevent unintentional spreading of misinformation."

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rafe »

eyedoc wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:28 am He is only your typical liberal lying to push his agenda. He was not there doing what he said he did.

The Allen Police Department said Spainhouer's public comments caused them to conduct a second interview with him, after which they revealed he had given several incorrect statements.

"Mr. Spainhouer arrived between 3:44 and 3:52 p.m. and was not first on the scene, nor was he on the property while gunfire was occurring," the department said, adding that Spainhouer "did not perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or administer first aid" and "did not move a deceased mother who was covering a live child."

"As inaccurate reports can be prevalent in such situations, it is essential to confirm information before sharing it," the department said. "Please take note of this to prevent unintentional spreading of misinformation."
And he made those public comments to absolutely anyone who would listen, as well as spread them over every social media account he has. I can't think of much that's more despicable than lying about something like that. :mad5
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

I remember watching his interview and thinking that it just felt off, sure enough!!

03Lightningrocks

eyedoc wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:28 am
Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:27 pm
Rafe wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 pm Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
Yeah. Manual chest-compression CPR ain't exactly the first thing you'd go to if someone has a sucking chest wound. :shock: Or, "Officer, the victim was clearly bleeding out from a femoral artery wound so I immediately started CPR." :shock: :shock:

Please never let Steven Spainhouer be anywhere near me if I get shot... And Spainhouer has been constantly and incessantly tweeting and posting about it since it happened. In fact, he's changed his Twitter profile to quote a tweet he launched yesterday about the event. And he's giving interviews anywhere and everywhere. You read his spiel, and it sounds like he personally laid hands on and tried to save every single individual who had been shot or even just fell down and sprained an ankle.

Sounds very much to me like a smarmy small-time politician who is doing everything in his power to maximize his 15 minutes of fame on the back of a tragedy.
Wonder if Mr. Spainhouer has any training in trauma first aid or tactical combat casualty care?
He is only your typical liberal lying to push his agenda. He was not there doing what he said he did.

If he made those claims in a first interview with the police, it seems he has broken the law by giving false statements to the police. Charges should be brought against him. I am not saying to throw him in jail, maybe probation or a fine. But then he can spend the rest of his days with his lies as his official record.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”