Mini-Crime Wave

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
5thGenTexan
Posts in topic: 3

Mini-Crime Wave

Post by 5thGenTexan »

We live in one of those "nice" neighborhoods. There are about 35 of us out here in an area with lots cut for almost 400, but no building activity for the last 18 months. There is one mile of dead in road between us and the next subdivision.

Over the last 30 days there have been 3 burglaries, I have spooked off a couple of guys casing cars. And PD busted a guy parked on my street right outside the realtor I bought froms house, sitting in his birthday suit. Well she stopped today while we were doing some yard work and told me she ran a couple of guys off she saw yesterday trying to climb over my fence as she came home from the store. She had lost my phone number when she was updating her cell. She has it now, and knows that I have protection available and that both the wife and I do know how to use it.

The funny thing is she probably saved the morons life because I was home since I'm not working and had my PT140 in a pancake with me upstairs. Had I heard breaking glass I would have dialed 911 as I moved toward the stairs with 21 rounds of PDX.
5th Generation Texan
"Republicrats and Demicans, it ain't no surprise,
Got their hands full of gimme, they got their mouths full of lies."

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mini-Crime Wave

Post by Dan20703 »

If I were you I would keep a shotgun or rifle handy.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Topic author
5thGenTexan

Post by 5thGenTexan »

Mossy and the Judge come out to come out to play after dark. The good thing is we are near the junction of 3 beats so PD response times are very good most of the time. The problems started right after the developer had a crew out mowing two tractors and about 8 guys with weedeaters, right b-4 the burglaries began.
5th Generation Texan

dubya

Post by dubya »

Wow, that kind of crime makes in difficult to leave the house. I wonder what the answer is to that?
JW, Sons of the Republic of Texas
NRA, TSRA

CaptWoodrow10

Post by CaptWoodrow10 »

In what area of fort worth are you located? You may look into a home surveillance and alarm system if you haven't already. At least you have a better chance of catching the scum bags if you were away at the time of the incident.
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber CDP II

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

dubya wrote:Wow, that kind of crime makes in difficult to leave the house. I wonder what the answer is to that?
I always found one or two large dogs do the trick. Over the years I seen many of the people around me get broken in to. Ive always had a large dog and I think thats why I pretty much get left alone.

Topic author
5thGenTexan

Post by 5thGenTexan »

Deep Southwest FW.

Got an alarm, very good coverage glass break and perimeter switches with motion in open area. If the neighbor hadn't spooked them by slowing down the one that was climbing the fence would have had a very warm welcome as he came in if he had not started chewing on tile when ordered down. I was at my computer upstairs. Surprised they would try it with 2 vehicles out front late afternoon.
5th Generation Texan

karl

Post by karl »

Typically home invaders are not the brightest crayons in the box. Good luck, stay safe.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Crime Blotter”