Shootings in MO

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
i8godzilla
Posts in topic: 1

Shootings in MO

Post by i8godzilla »

Two days in a row in MO:

Yesterday--
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 659S69.DTL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A gunman opened fire Tuesday during an apparent domestic dispute at an eastern Missouri apartment complex, fatally wounding three people before killing himself in nearby woods, an investigator said.

Today-- (TV reports of three shot)
http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-washin ... ?track=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
St. Louis police are investigating a shooting at a north St. Louis funeral home.

Maybe it is just me, however, I seems that I have been reading more of these type of stories lately. I guess it could be just more media coverage. IDK........
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

RPB
Banned

Re: Shootings in MO

Post by RPB »

Four Shot at a North St. Louis Funeral Home

Zombies.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

RPB wrote:Four Shot at a North St. Louis Funeral Home

Zombies.
Don't get me started please. I have become addicted to the AMC series "The Walking Dead". Sorry for the hijack.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Yes and no.

There have always been "domestic" disputes and murders, whether between spouses, cohabitating couples, or family members. They are a pretty significant fraction of murders and aggravated assaults.

If you read the news story about the shooting "at" the funeral home, the shooting took place outside, and the authorities don't know if it had anything to do with the funeral.

That said, gang-related shootings at funerals seem to be becoming more common, though they are not tracked as a crime category.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I moved to Texas from St. Louis (suburbs.) North end and East (Illinois side) of St. Louis has always been bad. And, St. Louis has now been listed as the most dangerous city in the country http://www.14wfie.com/story/13545815/st ... -us-cities" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I have pastored a church for 36yrs now & this Funeral Home shooting does not surprise me. I have said for a long time that visitation time & the grave site are the 2 soft targets that are going to get the next attention by BGs.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

longtooth wrote:I have pastored a church for 36yrs now & this Funeral Home shooting does not surprise me. I have said for a long time that visitation time & the grave site are the 2 soft targets that are going to get the next attention by BGs.

Exactly why I requested your help last year when a nephew of mine was killed by 3 gang members. (Thank you again).

Flint.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “The Crime Blotter”