AZ: Merry Christmas - Bang! - you're dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 6

AZ: Merry Christmas - Bang! - you're dead

Post by seamusTX »

In Phoenix early Christmas morning a fight erupted between two groups at a "gentlemen's club." The bouncer ejected the rowdy patrons. One of them retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and shot at the bouncer. The bouncer, who was armed and wearing a ballistic vest, returned fire and shot the assailant. A patron in a vehicle then ran over the man who was shot.

Relatives :headscratch took the man to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/po ... t-12252010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kpho.com/valleynews/26273331/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... b-shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was the most bizarre of the usual catalog of domestic and gang violence that occurs every holiday.

"Gentlemen's club" is an oxymoron, and any place called "club" is usually trouble.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

juggernaut
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AZ: Merry Christmas - Bang! - you're dead

Post by juggernaut »

seamusTX wrote:A patron in a vehicle then ran over the man who was shot.
I hope he wasn't driving drunk.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

juggernaut wrote:
seamusTX wrote:A patron in a vehicle then ran over the man who was shot.
I hope he wasn't driving drunk.
you beat me to it :lol:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

ddurkof

Post by ddurkof »

What a bunch of boobs! :evil2: I clicked in the Myfox phoenix link and then played the video. The commercial started with a personal injury lawyer: "Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident?" Someone has a sense of humor.

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

It just never ends.

On Christmas day, a 25-year-old resident of Tucson fatally shot himself in the head with an unloaded gun. Apparently the shooting was an accident.

The deceased man is survived by his mother, his girlfriend, and children ages 3, 2, and 1.

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13741692" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Notice the ironic call sign of the TV station: KGUN

- Jim

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

seamusTX wrote:In Phoenix early Christmas morning a fight erupted between two groups at a "gentlemen's club." The bouncer ejected the rowdy patrons. One of them retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and shot at the bouncer. The bouncer, who was armed and wearing a ballistic vest, returned fire and shot the assailant. A patron in a vehicle then ran over the man who was shot.

This was the most bizarre of the usual catalog of domestic and gang violence that occurs every holiday.

"Gentlemen's club" is an oxymoron, and any place called "club" is usually trouble.
- Jim
:eek6 Early Christmas morning in a Gentlemen's Club??? How pagan is that?

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

Oldgringo wrote:
seamusTX wrote:In Phoenix early Christmas morning a fight erupted between two groups at a "gentlemen's club." The bouncer ejected the rowdy patrons. One of them retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and shot at the bouncer. The bouncer, who was armed and wearing a ballistic vest, returned fire and shot the assailant. A patron in a vehicle then ran over the man who was shot.

- Jim
:eek6 Early Christmas morning in a Gentlemen's Club??? How pagan is that?
Darned hearing aids.
Maybe he thought there were ELVES there, maybe it was an ELVIS sighting/impersonator.
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Oldgringo wrote: Early Christmas morning in a Gentlemen's Club??? How pagan is that?
I'll bet lunch it was a crowd of single men with no local family connections burning off their paychecks (it was very late Friday night—early Saturday A.M.).

Extra credit to anyone who can identify the flags on Club Chichis.

- Jim

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

seamusTX wrote:Extra credit to anyone who can identify the flags on Club Chichis.

- Jim
They appear to represent our fine neighbors to the south. :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
seamusTX wrote:Extra credit to anyone who can identify the flags on Club Chichis.

- Jim
They appear to represent our fine neighbors to the south. :roll:
Must be a different Chi-Chi's. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _n6115005/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
seamusTX

Re: AZ: Feliz Navidad - Bang! - estás muerte

Post by seamusTX »

I doubt the Phoenix joint has anything to do with the defunct restaurant chain.

Chichis is Mexican Spanish slang for what are sometimes called hooters in English.

- Jim

StewNTexas

Post by StewNTexas »

I have wondered about these 'Gentlemens Clubs' that are mostly located in rougher parts of town. It just seems unusual to me that so many 'gentlemen' drive muddy three quarter or one ton trucks, usually with large brush/cattle guards on the front, welders in the back.

Just saying...

While I am far from a prude, I have never considered sex a spectator sport.
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

A gentleman would not be paying women to disrobe in front of an audience. Can you imagine Cary Grant or Sean Connery doing that?

I don't object to adults engaging in consensual behavior in relative privacy—but call it what it is, a strip joint.

- Jim

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

In Phoenix around 11:30 p.m. Sunday a man allegedly entered a strip club called he Great Alaskan Bush Company and shot four people. When he ran out of ammunition, several people subdued and restrained him until police arrived.

Two of the shooting victims are dead. One is in critical condition. One survived with injuries that are not life threatening.

In this case, the bouncer, now deceased, was not armed or wearing a ballistic vest.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/1-ki ... 97314.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

Cobra Medic

Post by Cobra Medic »

seamusTX wrote:In Phoenix around 11:30 p.m. Sunday a man allegedly entered a strip club called he Great Alaskan Bush Company and shot four people. When he ran out of ammunition, several people subdued and restrained him until police arrived.

Two of the shooting victims are dead. One is in critical condition. One survived with injuries that are not life threatening.

In this case, the bouncer, now deceased, was not armed or wearing a ballistic vest.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/1-ki ... 97314.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
That's why the Texas doesn't allow good guys to have handguns in 51% locations.
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”