CHL Involved ND in Kingwood

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

CHL Involved ND in Kingwood

Post by Skiprr »

KPRC in Houston (NBC affiliate) is reporting that a CHL customer at Raffa's restaurant in Kingwood--and I paraphrase the typical reporting--had a concealed handgun fall out of his pocket while dining, and the gun discharged, shooting an elderly woman. Her injury does not appear to be life threatening. KPRC also reports that charges may be filed against the CHL holder because the owner of the restaurant states that, "There is a sign inside the restaurant that clearly says no handguns are allowed."

No links that I can find as yet. Eveidently this happened within the past couple of hours.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL Involved ND in Kingwood

Post by chasfm11 »

[quote="Skiprr"..... because the owner of the restaurant states that, "There is a sign inside the restaurant that clearly says no handguns are allowed.".[/quote]
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. That is assuming that it is a real CHL and not just someone carrying. It will be interesting to see how this one turns out.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

esxmarkc

Post by esxmarkc »

KPRC in Houston (NBC affiliate) is reporting that a CHL customer at Raffa's restaurant in Kingwood--and I paraphrase the typical reporting--had a concealed handgun fall out of his pocket while dining, and the gun discharged, shooting an elderly woman. Her injury does not appear to be life threatening. KPRC also reports that charges may be filed against the CHL holder because the owner of the restaurant states that, "There is a sign inside the restaurant that clearly says no handguns are allowed."
There is another post on this.

Anyways.... Even if there is no valid 30.06 sign in the restaurant there will be one very soon.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 81036.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Houston Chronicle posting a very brief report of this incident.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

DA may not accept any charges but I bet a dozen or so lawyers will accept a client. :banghead:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Topics started at identical times, but I'm closing this one to consolidate the discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Crime Blotter”