Suicide at the NRA500

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

User avatar

Topic author
Keith B
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 18271
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Suicide at the NRA500

#1

Post by Keith B » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Oh great! :banghead:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-fr ... ascar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The death of a man in the infield of Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday night during the Sprint Cup Series NRA 500 has been ruled a suicide from a gunshot to the head, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's office.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25524
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#2

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Keith B wrote:Oh great! :banghead:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-fr ... ascar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The death of a man in the infield of Texas Motor Speedway on Saturday night during the Sprint Cup Series NRA 500 has been ruled a suicide from a gunshot to the head, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's office.
Couldn't be true. It's not lawful to bring a gun in there.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8090
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#3

Post by RoyGBiv » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Mentally ill person who ignored the law and brought a gun to a prohibited place.

Rest in peace.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

User avatar

cheezit
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:10 pm
Location: far n fortworh

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#4

Post by cheezit » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:48 pm

RoyGBiv wrote:Mentally ill person who ignored the law and brought a gun to a prohibited place.

Rest in peace.
nothing in the story abount mental illness (yet) that i read.

User avatar

baldeagle
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5240
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:26 pm
Location: Richardson, TX

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#5

Post by baldeagle » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:13 pm

cheezit wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Mentally ill person who ignored the law and brought a gun to a prohibited place.

Rest in peace.
nothing in the story abount mental illness (yet) that i read.
You don't commit suicide unless you're mentally ill.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

User avatar

texanjoker
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#6

Post by texanjoker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:42 pm

so he gets in an argument and shoots himself???

The incident happened late in the race when Kirk Franklin, 42, of Saginaw, Texas, apparently got into an argument with other campers, according to the Associated Press. Track spokesperson Mike Zizzo said Saturday night that the incident happened "in or around a pickup truck" in the infield.

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 8090
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#7

Post by RoyGBiv » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:27 pm

texanjoker wrote:so he gets in an argument and shoots himself???

The incident happened late in the race when Kirk Franklin, 42, of Saginaw, Texas, apparently got into an argument with other campers, according to the Associated Press. Track spokesperson Mike Zizzo said Saturday night that the incident happened "in or around a pickup truck" in the infield.
Like I said. Ill.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

User avatar

tomtexan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1186
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm
Location: Henderson County, TX

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#8

Post by tomtexan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:54 pm

RoyGBiv wrote:Like I said. Ill.
Is there a possibility that mental illness was not the case and maybe alcohol was? :?:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

User avatar

tomtexan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1186
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm
Location: Henderson County, TX

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#9

Post by tomtexan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:03 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:Couldn't be true. It's not lawful to bring a gun in there.
I thought laws were supposed to prevent that. Am I understanding correctly that someone carried a gun into a prohibited place and ignored the law? Say it isn't so!

/sarcasm off
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

User avatar

jmra
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10351
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Ellis County

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#10

Post by jmra » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:05 am

It must be mental illness otherwise we might have to start a discussion about banning alcohol.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member


bulinm
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#11

Post by bulinm » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:09 am

One of the local news outlets reported the story, and at the end noted, " The race was sponsored by the NRA ".
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3670
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#12

Post by chasfm11 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:39 am

bulinm wrote:One of the local news outlets reported the story, and at the end noted, " The race was sponsored by the NRA ".
Of course. Liberals want Conservatives to "own" everything that happens. The NRA "owns" the shooting because it happened at an NRA sponsored event.

On the other side of the coin, Liberals never own anything. Detroit has been run by corrupt Democrats for 50 years and none of them are responsible for the chaos there. All of Detroit's problems are because the Dems where not allowed to have enough money to fix the problems just like Chicago's gun murder rate is the result of GA's gun selling policies, not the mismanagement of the Chicago police force by the corrupt politicians soliciting gang voters.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero


mamabearCali
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2214
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:14 pm
Location: Chesterfield, VA

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#13

Post by mamabearCali » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:33 pm

A sad sick person killed themselves with a gun they should not have been able to bring in. Gun laws had nada to do with this only that they don't stop criminals or the insane.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 11092
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#14

Post by Oldgringo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:22 pm

baldeagle wrote:
cheezit wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Mentally ill person who ignored the law and brought a gun to a prohibited place.

Rest in peace.
nothing in the story abount mental illness (yet) that i read.
You don't commit suicide unless you're mentally ill.
Thanks, I did not know that.

User avatar

TexasGal
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1701
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:37 am
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: Suicide at the NRA500

#15

Post by TexasGal » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 am

Sounds like poor security at the gate. Considering what happened at the Boston Marathon, I think our major sporting events better start doing a better job of that. Sad for both he and his family that he has done this not to mention the people who were forced to witness it.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”