Wacko in CO insanity plea accepted

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
texanjoker

Wacko in CO insanity plea accepted

Post by texanjoker »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/04/ju ... -massacre/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While he is clearly wacko, he should face a regular court room after all these evals and do real time up to and including the death penalty.

CENTENNIAL, Colo. – A judge on Tuesday accepted James' Holmes plea of not guilty by reason of insanity, setting the stage for a lengthy mental evaluation of the Colorado theater shooting suspect.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/04/ju ... z2VGgvuhO0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jocat54
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wacko in CO insanity plea accepted

Post by jocat54 »

These insanity pleas always make me mad.
Sorry if your insane....but you need to pay for your crime.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

Guilty but insane. Seems ok to me then you serve your entire sentence in a mental ward of a prison hospital. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way in most states. Your actually innocent because of insanity in most states. So as soon as you convince a doctor your well if you take your meds, then you go free and do it again.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Regardless of what the doctors say, it's still up to a jury to decide based on the quotes towards the end of the article. At least that's the way I read it.

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

I read the article to mean that they could find him not guilty by reason of insanity, where he would go to a mental hospital and may get out eventually if he is deemed better by doctors, although that is unlikely. If the jury finds him guilty, then it is up to them to decide life in prison or execution.

Regardless of where he ends up, it will take a very long time to decide what to do with him and once that decision is made, many more years of incarceration (either in prison or a mental institution) because of appeals, etc. all on the taxpayer dime.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Insanity plea does mean, no trial. It means, that the trial is to determine if he is not sane, which I doubt it. Prosecutor have enough evidence to show deliberation and organized planning not one of capability of in an insane person. This "jocker" should be executed by a firing squad.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Sometimes an insanity plea is justified. Andrea Yates killed her five children. They had to give her antipsychotic drugs to make her lucid enough to stand trial, then the court would not allow her lawyer to enter an insanity plea.

She was obviously insane when she killed her children and when she was jailed pending trial. She was delusional and on a suicide watch.

At work during lunch I heard people saying she should get the death penalty. I was thinking that if she did, the courts should at least be honest enough not to call it justice. It should be called revenge.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

philip964

Post by philip964 »

VoiceofReason wrote:Sometimes an insanity plea is justified. Andrea Yates killed her five children. They had to give her antipsychotic drugs to make her lucid enough to stand trial, then the court would not allow her lawyer to enter an insanity plea.

She was obviously insane when she killed her children and when she was jailed pending trial. She was delusional and on a suicide watch.

At work during lunch I heard people saying she should get the death penalty. I was thinking that if she did, the courts should at least be honest enough not to call it justice. It should be called revenge.
I have ways found it odd that her husband was not charged with child endangerment. He went Psychiatrist shopping and found someone who didn't treat her, so she could "home school". At three kids one Psychiatrist told him no more children, but he immediately found someone else. He was the murderer not her. Very sad.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

philip964 wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:Sometimes an insanity plea is justified. Andrea Yates killed her five children. They had to give her antipsychotic drugs to make her lucid enough to stand trial, then the court would not allow her lawyer to enter an insanity plea.

I have ways found it odd that her husband was not charged with child endangerment. He went Psychiatrist shopping and found someone who didn't treat her, so she could "home school". At three kids one Psychiatrist told him no more children, but he immediately found someone else. He was the murderer not her. Very sad.
I agree.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “The Crime Blotter”