Another Shooting in Gun-Free New York

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Another Shooting in Gun-Free New York

Post by Vol Texan »

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nass ... stfree=yes

From the article, it appears that 'lock the doors and nothing bad will happen to you' is the (continuing) mantra:
A mall spokeswoman said the facility also was on lockdown, effective beginning at 10:45 a.m.

Shoppers leaving stores were told by police to get back inside. Others arriving at the shopping center in their vehicles cars were told to remain in them. A police helicopter circled overhead.

"This is terrifying," shopper Nancy Petrillo, of Garden City, said. "After what happened in Kenya, everyone is already on edge.

As of about 10:50 a.m. all Garden City Schools have been in "lock out" mode, meaning students are "going on with their day" and "no one is allowed in the building," said Cindy Morris, secretary to Robert Feirsen, superintendent.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

gthaustex

Re: Another Shooting in Gun-Free New York

Post by gthaustex »

Vol Texan wrote:http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nass ... stfree=yes

From the article, it appears that 'lock the doors and nothing bad will happen to you' is the (continuing) mantra:
A mall spokeswoman said the facility also was on lockdown, effective beginning at 10:45 a.m.

Shoppers leaving stores were told by police to get back inside. Others arriving at the shopping center in their vehicles cars were told to remain in them. A police helicopter circled overhead.

"This is terrifying," shopper Nancy Petrillo, of Garden City, said. "After what happened in Kenya, everyone is already on edge.

As of about 10:50 a.m. all Garden City Schools have been in "lock out" mode, meaning students are "going on with their day" and "no one is allowed in the building," said Cindy Morris, secretary to Robert Feirsen, superintendent.
Yes...remain in my car as I get the heck out of there...

AEA

Post by AEA »

gthaustex wrote:

and grab the shotgun from the back seat
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

iom

Post by iom »

All the while thinking "I'm stuck in New York .... unarmed .... oh cr#p"

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

AEA wrote:
gthaustex wrote:

and grab the shotgun from the back seat
Don't do that, the NYPD will start shooting bystanders. :biggrinjester:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

There are shootings everyday everywhere including gun friendly zones like TX. Crooks have guns and the story goes on.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”