Food truck owner killed during robbery

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9830
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Food truck owner killed during robbery

#1

Post by philip964 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:01 am

The food truck concept has caught on here in Houston, and I have been told it is also popular in Austin. It is one of those new "happening" things.

The bad guys have now decided, its time to spoil the party.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... cmpid=hpbn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One would think that being up in the air, with a quick place to hide and retrieve a shot gun a food truck would be a pretty easy place to defend.

Sad that when starting up a new business you would need to think about how to survive an armed robbery.

I would go with a sheet of ballistic panel on the inside of the metal truck wall with a hole in the center for a gun and view port and make their day.


TREKFAN
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#2

Post by TREKFAN » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:14 am

philip964 wrote:The food truck concept has caught on here in Houston, and I have been told it is also popular in Austin. It is one of those new "happening" things.

The bad guys have now decided, its time to spoil the party.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... cmpid=hpbn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One would think that being up in the air, with a quick place to hide and retrieve a shot gun a food truck would be a pretty easy place to defend.

Sad that when starting up a new business you would need to think about how to survive an armed robbery.

I would go with a sheet of ballistic panel on the inside of the metal truck wall with a hole in the center for a gun and view port and make their day.
But it's Austin and Houston.... The city more than likely will frown upon the use of a gun. They will more than likely make the truck owner install really really expensive water jets all around the truck, just like on the movie preview of Captain Williams staring Tom hanks or whatever it's called. Lol
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

User avatar

texanjoker
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#3

Post by texanjoker » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:21 am

What a shame.

Side note I like the food trucks. They have some good food.

User avatar

suthdj
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2280
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: North Ft Worth(Alliance area)

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#4

Post by suthdj » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:26 am

texanjoker wrote:What a shame.

Side note I like the food trucks. They have some good food.
I keep trying to get my wife to open a Chinese food truck she could call it "Wok -N - Roll" but nope she wants nothing to do with it.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived


gringo pistolero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#5

Post by gringo pistolero » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:30 am

My sympathies to the victim and their family. Cash businesses are often targets for robbers.

Unrelated, does anybody else remember a food truck game on the Kahr website? I can't find it now.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

User avatar

jmra
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10351
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Ellis County

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#6

Post by jmra » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:51 am

Another example of why we need to be armed as much of the time as we can. I would carry 24/7 but I work in education. :banghead:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

User avatar

rbwhatever1
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Paradise Texas

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#7

Post by rbwhatever1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Very sad this turned out the way it did for the victim and the family. Too bad someone hadn't already exterminated the Criminal thug since i'm sure it wasn't his first robbery.
Maybe the next roll of dice will lead to a swift end of a wasted pathetic existence.
III

User avatar

jmorris
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:41 pm
Location: Cibolo
Contact:

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#8

Post by jmorris » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:18 pm

suthdj wrote:
texanjoker wrote:What a shame.

Side note I like the food trucks. They have some good food.
I keep trying to get my wife to open a Chinese food truck she could call it "Wok -N - Roll" but nope she wants nothing to do with it.
The truck or the name?
Jay E Morris, Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC, Cibolo, Tx
NRA Lifetime
TSRA Lifetime (as of my 2019 official old fart birthday)
NRA Recruiter (link)


cb1000rider
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2505
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#9

Post by cb1000rider » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:36 pm

The city of Austin has been bringing the hammer down on the food truck establishments. Many are headed to unincorporated areas just outside of town.
Dependable? Maybe. Walls on trailers won't stop a bullet.


TREKFAN
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#10

Post by TREKFAN » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:52 pm

suthdj wrote:
texanjoker wrote:What a shame.

Side note I like the food trucks. They have some good food.
I keep trying to get my wife to open a Chinese food truck she could call it "Wok -N - Roll" but nope she wants nothing to do with it.
A buddy of mine owns a place in San Marcos named that. Lol. It's a great name
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9830
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Food truck owner killed during robbery

#11

Post by philip964 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:38 pm

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... cmpid=hpts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More information.

RIP

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”