Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

User avatar

Topic author
WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 16543
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#1

Post by WildBill » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:40 pm

A 20-year-old woman and three men have been arrested in the shooting death of a Webster man outside a grocery store in southeast Houston.

Ralph Ernest Alonso, 23, of Katy; Angelica Lee Serrano, 20, of Houston; and Daniel Allen Porter, 21; and Jessie Lurue Nelson, Jr., 19, both of La Marque, are charged with murder in the shooting, which occurred in the parking lot of the Foodtown near the 15600 block of Old Galveston Road at El Dorado about 9 p.m. Nov. 16, according to the Houston Police Department. Killed in the shooting was 29-year-old Warren Keith White.

Police said White was working at the store when he was told that a group of men were tampering with his vehicle in the parking lot. He went outside to confront the men and he was shot several times, police said. He died at the scene.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 280653.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5497
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#2

Post by puma guy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:23 pm

I hope all four scumbags are convicted and end up under the jail house!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

texanjoker
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#3

Post by texanjoker » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:54 pm

WildBill wrote:A 20-year-old woman and three men have been arrested in the shooting death of a Webster man outside a grocery store in southeast Houston.

Ralph Ernest Alonso, 23, of Katy; Angelica Lee Serrano, 20, of Houston; and Daniel Allen Porter, 21; and Jessie Lurue Nelson, Jr., 19, both of La Marque, are charged with murder in the shooting, which occurred in the parking lot of the Foodtown near the 15600 block of Old Galveston Road at El Dorado about 9 p.m. Nov. 16, according to the Houston Police Department. Killed in the shooting was 29-year-old Warren Keith White.

Police said White was working at the store when he was told that a group of men were tampering with his vehicle in the parking lot. He went outside to confront the men and he was shot several times, police said. He died at the scene.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 280653.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tragic - 4 to 1, it's best to be a good witness and call 911

User avatar

Running Arrow Bill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:58 pm
Location: Wellington, TX
Contact:

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#4

Post by Running Arrow Bill » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:37 pm

I believe that any accomplices that are present during a killing are also charged with the murder. Pretty much the law in several States if I am not mistaken.
Running Arrow Farm, LLC
Wellington, TX. 79095
longhorncattle2013@gmail.ocom
Registered Texas Longhorn Cattle

User avatar

mgood
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 964
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:07 am
Location: Snyder, Texas
Contact:

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#5

Post by mgood » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Running Arrow Bill wrote:I believe that any accomplices that are present during a killing are also charged with the murder. Pretty much the law in several States if I am not mistaken.
I believe that's true. IANAL. I think if you're committing a felony and someone dies, it's murder by all the felons present.

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7114
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#6

Post by RoyGBiv » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:00 pm

IIRC,
If two assailants are committing a felony (B&E, for example) and one assailant is killed (by the homeowner, in this example), the surviving assailant can be charged with the murder of the dead assailant, in addition to charges stemming from the original felonies.Here's a quick google example from STL: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crim ... 67b32.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

User avatar

Topic author
WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 16543
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#7

Post by WildBill » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm

puma guy wrote:I hope all four scumbags are convicted and end up under the jail house!
:nono: I think you meant to type "suspects". :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

suthdj
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: North Ft Worth(Alliance area)

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#8

Post by suthdj » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:23 pm

WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:I hope all four scumbags are convicted and end up under the jail house!
:nono: I think you meant to type "suspects". :cool:
Or maybe scumbag suspects. :reddevil
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived

User avatar

tomtexan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1184
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm
Location: Henderson County, TX

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#9

Post by tomtexan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:42 pm

puma guy wrote:I hope all four scumbags are convicted and end up under the jail house!
They need to end up in the electric chair, even though that's not an option anymore.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....I think we need to bring back "Old Sparky." :evil2:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

User avatar

Topic author
WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 16543
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#10

Post by WildBill » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 pm

tomtexan wrote:
puma guy wrote:I hope all four scumbags are convicted and end up under the jail house!
They need to end up in the electric chair, even though that's not an option anymore.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....I think we need to bring back "Old Sparky." :evil2:
I disagree. Lethal injection doesn't increase global warming. :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5972
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#11

Post by Pawpaw » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:48 pm

suthdj wrote:
WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:I hope all four scumbags are convicted and end up under the jail house!
:nono: I think you meant to type "suspects". :cool:
Or maybe scumbag suspects. :reddevil
How about "scumspects"? :lol:
WildBill wrote:
tomtexan wrote:
puma guy wrote:I hope all four scumbags are convicted and end up under the jail house!
They need to end up in the electric chair, even though that's not an option anymore.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....I think we need to bring back "Old Sparky." :evil2:
I disagree. Lethal injection doesn't increase global warming. :cool:
Neither does a few feet of rope. :rules:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 11959
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#12

Post by C-dub » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:04 pm

mgood wrote:
Running Arrow Bill wrote:I believe that any accomplices that are present during a killing are also charged with the murder. Pretty much the law in several States if I am not mistaken.
I believe that's true. IANAL. I think if you're committing a felony and someone dies, it's murder by all the felons present.
I also think it is true if one of the BGs die as a result of one of the victims defends him or herself. Any other BGs present or involved are charged with the murder.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6113
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#13

Post by philip964 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:25 pm

So is this a capital murder case? I'm not a big fan of people who murder someone while committing a crime. Especially if it is a stranger.

User avatar

MasterOfNone
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1276
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Dallas
Contact:

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#14

Post by MasterOfNone » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:33 am

philip964 wrote:So is this a capital murder case? I'm not a big fan of people who murder someone while committing a crime. Especially if it is a stranger.
I'm pretty sure that ALL murders occur while committing a crime. :leaving
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter


PhillRoath
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:31 am
Location: Houston

Re: Four Arresting In Shooting in Food Town Parking Lot

#15

Post by PhillRoath » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:47 am

WildBill wrote:A 20-year-old woman and three men have been arrested in the shooting death of a Webster man outside a grocery store in southeast Houston.

Ralph Ernest Alonso, 23, of Katy; Angelica Lee Serrano, 20, of Houston; and Daniel Allen Porter, 21; and Jessie Lurue Nelson, Jr., 19, both of La Marque, are charged with murder in the shooting, which occurred in the parking lot of the Foodtown near the 15600 block of Old Galveston Road at El Dorado about 9 p.m. Nov. 16, according to the Houston Police Department. Killed in the shooting was 29-year-old Warren Keith White.

Police said White was working at the store when he was told that a group of men were tampering with his vehicle in the parking lot. He went outside to confront the men and he was shot several times, police said. He died at the scene.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 280653.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's good to see they have finally been caught. The killing was two years ago, Nov of 2011.

I live just a couple of miles from there.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”