ATV riders in Richmond shoot dog

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 20

Re: ATV riders in Richmond shoot dog

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Dori wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:I bet there never was an ATV rider. This guy probably hates ATV riders so much he shot his own dog and blamed ATV riders just to make them all look bad. :roll:
I'm starting to think your :roll: in the OC threads has a similar relevance.
I'm beginning to think you over rate your importance in the world. ;-)

03Lightningrocks

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
JP171 wrote:YES!!! I was right the guy shot his own dog!!! is under arrest for it too, I called it when it happened! :banghead: :mad5
No, you didn't call it that way at all. I went back and read all of your posts and you never even hinted that the dog owner shot his own dog.

Chas.
Actually, I called it. But I was being a wise cracker about it. I never dreamed anyone would actually do something so crazy. The world has definitely tilted... Or something.

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
JP171 wrote:YES!!! I was right the guy shot his own dog!!! is under arrest for it too, I called it when it happened! :banghead: :mad5
No, you didn't call it that way at all. I went back and read all of your posts and you never even hinted that the dog owner shot his own dog.

Chas.
Actually, I called it. But I was being a wise cracker about it. I never dreamed anyone would actually do something so crazy. The world has definitely tilted... Or something.
I didn't see it coming at all. What kind of sick mind could even dream up something like this?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Oldgringo »

jmra wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I didn't see it coming at all. What kind of sick mind could even dream up something like this?
Rope! Somebody get a rope!

03Lightningrocks

Oldgringo wrote:
jmra wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Rope! Somebody get a rope!
I would be more than happy to supply the rope as long as I can be the guy who smacks the horse on the rump. :mad5

howdy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by howdy »

He has now confessed:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/deput ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

jsk
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jsk »

I find it alarming how some people here say that if a stranger drew on a chasing dog in their presence, they would not only draw their own weapon but immediately shoot the other person. Arguing that it's justified because the mere presence of the gun represents an imminent threat ignores the fact that the other person was first justified in drawing, because the dog represents an imminent threat to them.

If an unfamiliar, off-leash dog is chasing me, I have no way of knowing what it intends to do. Maybe it's just playing, maybe it's just putting on a show and asserting its territory. But why should I give the dog the benefit of the doubt when the consequence for being wrong could be severe bodily injury or worse? Whether the owner is present or not is completely irrelevant; plenty of dog attacks happen in the presence of the dog owner.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

jsk wrote:I find it alarming how some people here say that if a stranger drew on a chasing dog in their presence, they would not only draw their own weapon but immediately shoot the other person. Arguing that it's justified because the mere presence of the gun represents an imminent threat ignores the fact that the other person was first justified in drawing, because the dog represents an imminent threat to them.

If an unfamiliar, off-leash dog is chasing me, I have no way of knowing what it intends to do. Maybe it's just playing, maybe it's just putting on a show and asserting its territory. But why should I give the dog the benefit of the doubt when the consequence for being wrong could be severe bodily injury or worse? Whether the owner is present or not is completely irrelevant; plenty of dog attacks happen in the presence of the dog owner.
I'm not going back and reading 7 pages of posts again, but I don't recall anyone saying they would pull a gun on some who was being chased by a dog and drew their own gun to apparently defend against the dog. I do recall posts, including my own, that said they would draw their handgun if the facts were as originally presented by the dog owner. Those facts were: 1) dog owner was walking his dog (dog not chasing anyone); and 2) an unidentifiable person (covered face) rode to within 10 feet of the dog owner and drew a pistol for no apparent lawful reason. That appears to be a hijacking, especially in light of numerous recent hijackings along jogging trails and other locations in the Houston metro area.

While some Members expressed doubt about the dog owner's story (and they were correct), those doubts revolved around the belief that the ATV rider did shoot the dog, but he did so because the dog was a threat to the rider. A guy shooting his own dog is so repugnant that no one seemed to see this coming.

Chas.

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

jmra wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
03LR

03Lightningrocks

bayouhazard wrote:
jmra wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
03LR
:smilelol5: ... Like I said earlier. I said it as a sarcastic remark. I was on the team wanting to hang the ATV rider. My attempt was to come up with something so completely absurd that it could not be in any realm of possibilities.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Sick minds think alike. ;)
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

howdy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by howdy »

I am wondering now if that Lab was really his. I am amazed how pure bred dogs just seem to disappear around here. If it was his, he will NEVER have anything that loved him like that Lab. Total complete devotion and loyalty. I hope he gets his "reward" in jail.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cb1000rider »

bayouhazard wrote:03LR
Shocker + back peddle on it.

03Lightningrocks

howdy wrote:I am wondering now if that Lab was really his. I am amazed how pure bred dogs just seem to disappear around here. If it was his, he will NEVER have anything that loved him like that Lab. Total complete devotion and loyalty. I hope he gets his "reward" in jail.
:iagree:

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

howdy wrote:He has now confessed:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/deput ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there another link? I don't see any confession.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”