Another mass shooting in Las Vegas

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Another mass shooting in Las Vegas

Post by baldeagle »

Apparently a CHL holder tried to stop the shooters and was killed - http://bearingarms.com/breaking-heroic- ... n=baupdate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

baldeagle wrote:Apparently a CHL holder tried to stop the shooters and was killed - http://bearingarms.com/breaking-heroic- ... n=baupdate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
See the post above yours.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

A news article as early as 10:30 am today said the victim was a woman.

Can we post links to the Las Vegas Review Journal?

Their latest stories are fairly detailed now.

They came in the rear entrance to kill the police officers.

Shoot out with police in automotive section. Oil and antifreeze everywhere.

Sold everything and went to Bundy Ranch. Shunned because of his extensive criminal record in Indiana.

Apparently neighbors knew they were leaving to go kill police officers.

Laid nazi swastica on body of dead police officers after covering them with Gadsden flag.

RIP good guys.

Hola Gato
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Hola Gato »

K.Mooneyham wrote:Now, I've tried and tried to not buy into any of the worst conspiracy theories I've seen bounced around after some of these shooting incidents...but this thing seems tailor-made for Bloomberg and the other antis. We've got "white supremacist", a Gadsden "Don't tread on me" flag, camouflage-wearing, and a Wal-Mart. In fact, the only buzz words I didn't see in the article were "assault rifle" or "PTSD". :banghead:
Sadly this adminsitration's past behavior lends credibility to the false flag conspiracy theorists.
I didn't vote for Obama.
Somebody else did that.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

No links to Las Vegas papers or media sources are allowed.

As for the CHL, he made one fatal mistake, and that was he lost situational awareness and didn't consider an accomplice. Never leave your backside open. As the fighter pilots know, you need to 'check six' as that is your most vulnerable area for your target's buddy to slip in and nail you.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Keith B wrote:No links to Las Vegas papers or media sources are allowed.

As for the CHL, he made one fatal mistake, and that was he lost situational awareness and didn't consider an accomplice. Never leave your backside open. As the fighter pilots know, you need to 'check six' as that is your most vulnerable area for your target's buddy to slip in and nail you.
:iagree: :iagree:

I don't mean this in a negative way, but he may have been one of those "Batman" CHL's who fantasized about saving the day but never thought through all of the possibilities. Situational awareness might have saved him. He apparently wasn't aware of the accomplice and paid with his life.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Had to google "Batman CHL" and it linked to this forum. He was probably just your average American trying to do the right thing. Which in todays standards would put him as high above average as one could possibly get. Good people don't always win but Evil always loses at some point.

Tragedy for the three dead Americans and their families. The two psychopathic killers need to be cremated and dumped in a landfill...
III

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Profiling, we all do it, our dead hero here, didn't expect the crazied gunman to have an accomplise. Suicide gunman in the US are loners. Then it wasn't a man, but a young woman pushing a cart.

Now we know.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I didn't know they were vetting Bundy Ranch participants. Interesting.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Keith B wrote: As for the CHL, he made one fatal mistake, and that was he lost situational awareness and didn't consider an accomplice. Never leave your backside open. As the fighter pilots know, you need to 'check six' as that is your most vulnerable area for your target's buddy to slip in and nail you.
He got shot from the back?
The other thing that he did right that cost him dearly was that he got involved...

jmra

Post by jmra »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Had to google "Batman CHL" and it linked to this forum. He was probably just your average American trying to do the right thing. Which in todays standards would put him as high above average as one could possibly get. Good people don't always win but Evil always loses at some point.

Tragedy for the three dead Americans and their families. The two psychopathic killers need to be cremated and dumped in a landfill...
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I was told one time, "you can die a hero or live as a coward."

I think most reasonable people understand if he had not taken a chance to stop this shooting there would have been many more killed. This is another situation that I hope I would try to help stop the shooting, but I don't think you ever know what you would do until it happens to you. America was built by great men who took chances.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

There is a lesson here for all of us about situational awareness and probably the dangers of tunnel vision.

Visualization is a powerful tool. We could all visualize scenarios about how we would handle it differently to avoid getting ambushed by the accomplice. For example, most good shooters can hit a man-sized target as easily at 50 feet as 7 feet. Use of cover. Scanning for other threats.

Or maybe you just shoot the guy without verbally challenging him first and watch to see who reacts.

Not saying I know all the answers, just saying these are things we could all think about.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... llers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The left not letting a good mass shooting go to waste.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

philip964 wrote:http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... llers.html

The left not letting a good mass shooting go to waste.
Of course they do. They seem to enjoy blaming everything except the fact that there are just evil people in this world and that will never change. If only they could find the right thing such as banning guns to change all hearts and minds. It's wishful pacifism in a sense.

I wish for Mr. Wilcox and his family it has turned out differently for him. It seems though at least his sacrifice was not in vain. RIP to him and the officers.

There are lessons we can take away from this incident and we should.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “The Crime Blotter”