Pool Party Mayhem in McKinney

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Pool Party Mayhem in McKinney

Post by SewTexas »

I hate that he felt that he had to resign, but I completely understand it. I just fear that this garbage is going to get worse before it gets better. Y'all be safe out there.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by ScooterSissy »

I hoping that he sues the juvenile delinquent's parents, and adult that threw the "party".

harrycallahan
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by harrycallahan »

In the end it is public safety that will suffer the most. I wonder how this will effect all other LEOs? If I were his chief, I would not have accepted his resignation.
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A-R »

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/co ... /28760035/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chief described the officer's actions as "indefensible" - so I seriously doubt he had much choice about resigning. Makes me sick. Mob rule. The race baiters and cop haters will have a field day and declare yet another "victory".

I cannot totally defend all of the officer's actions, and believe he needed a reprimand for letting his emotions get the better of him. But "indefensible" is ludicrous ... not to mention setting a dangerous precedent in the public zeitgeist that such behavior by everyone else involved was somehow "acceptable" because the one officer's actions were "indefensible".

Sad day for law & order in this country.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

ScooterSissy wrote:I hoping that he sues the juvenile delinquent's parents, and adult that threw the "party".
:iagree:, all those plus the HOA.

If this is not a public pool, somebody was trespassing in, and about, this unfenced (?) "attractive nuisance", eh?

harrycallahan
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by harrycallahan »

I think the chief and I have differing views. I think He's letting something other than the facts guide his decision process. Yes the officers actions were over the top, but career ending? I don't think so. At some point these parents have to take responsibility for their children's behavior. A sad day all around.
I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

TxCHL 5/12

mojo84
Posts in topic: 14

Post by mojo84 »

Oldgringo wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:I hoping that he sues the juvenile delinquent's parents, and adult that threw the "party".

If this is not a public pool, somebody was trespassing in, and about, this unfenced (?) "attractive nuisance", eh?

What are you talking about?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

Oldgringo wrote:

The pool was fenced in, and such a party was already against their rules. What do you think they're on the hook for?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 7

Post by SewTexas »

Oldgringo wrote:

What??? did you read any of the OP's posts? the "teens were climbing the fence to the pool"

I understand most of us don't like HOA's but the HOA had nothing to do with this problem and could have done nothing to prevent it.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

mojo84 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:

I dunno'... :headscratch . I'm not a learned trial lawyer, it was something I read about responsibilities and swimming pools a long time ago. I apologize for offending the more learned herein. :oops:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 14

Post by mojo84 »

Oldgringo wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:

I dunno'... :headscratch . I'm not a learned trial lawyer, it was something I read about responsibilities and swimming pools a long time ago. I apologize for offending the more learned herein. :oops:
Doesn't take a law degree to read and comprehend a simple story. If you'll take a moment to read the thread you'll see for yourself just how far in left field your comments are.

You may find this of interest. viewtopic.php?f=108&t=78030" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ScooterSissy

Post by ScooterSissy »

harrycallahan wrote:I think the chief and I have differing views. I think He's letting something other than the facts guide his decision process. Yes the officers actions were over the top, but career ending? I don't think so. At some point these parents have to take responsibility for their children's behavior. A sad day all around.
And now the citizens will suffer the consequences. Anyone want to be about how many high-caliber officer candidates will be waiting in line to serve under McKinney's chief?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I haven't read through the whole thread to see if this has already been posted, but here is an eyewitness account from a resident:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/06 ... ool-party/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

This is the guy in the video who appeared to be lunging at the officer and caused him to draw his gun. If he follows what he says he will, then this is a great response from the young man
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Charge ... 54411.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “The Crime Blotter”