Florida CHL charged with murder

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RJS
Posts in topic: 1

Florida CHL charged with murder

Post by RJS »

What an idiot... if someone is overly aggressive on the road, de-escalate and let them go around you. If they're aggressive and following you, write down their plate number and call it in, then drive towards the closest police station. You don't take them towards your house.

People like this give us a bad name.

http://news.yahoo.com/911-calls-reveal- ... 48595.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DEB

Re: Florida CHL charged with murder

Post by DEB »

There appears to be at least two idiots, both also not listening to their wives, involved in this. One person following the other home and the other getting out and shooting said person, and for what? I bet that today he is really rethinking his strategy and probably wishing he could turn the clock back. The man who was killed, if my preacher is right, is probably also wishing he could go back. Two families without their heads, because of an argument. My wife's preacher said there are two women who you should listen to, one being your wife, the other the lady on the GPS.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

This is a sad occurrence, but I sure did get a chuckle from, what your wife's preacher said about the two women you should listen to. :lol:

Javier730
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Javier730 »

Stupid decision by each men caused both men their lives.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Javier730
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Javier730 »

DEB wrote: My wife's preacher said there are two women who you should listen to, one being your wife, the other the lady on the GPS.
The two women I listen to are my mother and my wife. The woman on my gps is not very good at giving directions. :mrgreen:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's unclear to me if both men had guns, or only Doyle. The opening paragraph of the article states "a north Florida man tells a dispatcher he has his gun 'cocked and loaded' because 'some maniac' was trying to run him off the road." Was that Doyle or Gonzalez? Both men and both wives were on the phone with 911 so I can't tell who made the above-referenced statement.

This may not be a clear-cut bad shooting. Gonzalez followed Doyle home after some incident on the road. This could reasonably be interpreted as a threat. Doyle could have kept driving and I certainly would have driven to a police station if one was relatively close by. I would not drive indefinitely allowing the driver behind me to get more angry and decide to start shooting. If I could not shake him, at some point I'd go to plan B.

Did Gonzalez point a gun at Doyle when he got out of his vehicle? Did Gonzalez threaten to shoot Doyle? I presume the LEO's investigated all of these issues before referring the case to the ADA with charges.

Doyle may be at fault, or he may not. I have too little information to have an opinion.
Chas.

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

Javier730 wrote:
DEB wrote: My wife's preacher said there are two women who you should listen to, one being your wife, the other the lady on the GPS.
The two women I listen to are my mother and my wife. The woman on my gps is not very good at giving directions. :mrgreen:

first vehicle we had with GPS, i told the salesman" jsut what i need, another woman telling me where to go" :mrgreen: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :mrgreen: :smilelol5:
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Return to “The Crime Blotter”