Mass Shooting at Orlando Nightclub

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

philip964
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Mass Shooting at Orlando Nightclub

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pulse-shooti ... 20668.html

Pulse nightclub victims sue City of Orlando.

Police officer at the scene inside the club when the shooting started. Didn’t know that.

I thought it was all about guns.

Allons
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Allons »

Wow, this is crazy, I wonder if this guy worked in Broward County before.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

he was looking for someone who’d entered the club with a fake ID. When he heard gunshots, he ran toward the entrance and confronted Mateen, but realized he was outgunned and needed backup
- yeah, I tend to wonder about that part.
- if you engage first, and effectively, it doesn't matter that you are 'outgunned' because the fight is already over......

I have to presume that if he was close enough to Mateen to see "that he was outgunned" and survived it, that he probably had an opportunity to make the shot and didn't take it.
What is it with Florida's "I'm just gonna sit on my hands while people die" attitude?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Jusme
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jusme »

Kind of ironic, that they are suing, "good guys with guns"
How many of the litigants, pushed to have guns taken away from law abiding citizens, and voted for those, who made it illegal for law abiding citizens to carry gun into the club?

These same people only want the police to have guns, then sue, when the police don't protect everyone. I am responsible for my own safety, so I refuse to patronize places, that are off limits, to LTC holders, because I cannot rely on, nor do I expect anyone else to protect me. If these people had put as much energy, into getting laws passed to allow carry, in more places, as they are, in trying to collect tax payer money, for their loss, this type of event would be less likely to happen in the future.
I sympathize with the victims, and my thoughts, have nothing to do with their sexual orientation. I believe the 2A, applies to all citizens, and the victims at this club, should have had the right to protect themselves. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Town of Castle Rock v. Gonzales seems like it'll be hard to overcome. Lot of the same justices, and first case was 7-2.

philip964
Posts in topic: 21

Post by philip964 »

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-en ... tive-about

Shooter at pulse nightclub motive was not Anti LBGT, as was promoted by MSM and Clinton and Obama. He opposed Nobel Peace Prize winner, Obama’s drone missile attacks in Syria and Iraq.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:07 am https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-en ... tive-about

Shooter at pulse nightclub motive was not Anti LBGT, as was promoted by MSM and Clinton and Obama. He opposed Nobel Peace Prize winner, Obama’s drone missile attacks in Syria and Iraq.
Interesting!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Crime Blotter”