Mass Shooting at Orlando Nightclub

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Bolton Strid
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Mass Shooting at Orlando Nightclub

Post by Bolton Strid »

Beiruty wrote:Is getting weird case. A Terrorist and Drunk Gay as per his acquaintance? Something is not computing right. :headscratch
Maybe he was playing the 9/11 textbook.
The usual suspects with the media's help are desperately trying to spin it away from the terrorism angle and re-set the narrative to some sort of jilted-lover-with-a-gun nonsense, hoping people will fall for it.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

philip964
Posts in topic: 21

Post by philip964 »

Obviously unsubstantiated. Two other shooters, someone holding doors shut so people could not exit.

This makes a some sense. I was surprised that a single person could kill 50 in a crowded room without someone attacking him, knocking him over. No other mass shooting where a single person has been able to kill and wound so many.

There was mention that they are looking for one additional person.

It is certainly more helpful in keeping calm in Orlando, if it is a lone wolf for now.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

philip964 wrote:My anti gunner Facebook friends are going all in on repealing the second amendment.

Last night on NBC the guy who follows the tonight show said as he opened that he would change the format and not start with jokes, to honor the Orlando murdered. He then went into a nasty tirade on guns AR-15's etc for five minutes.

End gun free zones in bars!

mine are all going all kinds of crazy.....
"if it's not a flint lock, it doesn't belong", I'm getting ready to tell them that if you're not using your voice or paper you're not using the 1st right. (the two loudest work on the computer :lol: )
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Post by suthdj »

SewTexas wrote:
philip964 wrote:My anti gunner Facebook friends are going all in on repealing the second amendment.

Last night on NBC the guy who follows the tonight show said as he opened that he would change the format and not start with jokes, to honor the Orlando murdered. He then went into a nasty tirade on guns AR-15's etc for five minutes.

End gun free zones in bars!

mine are all going all kinds of crazy.....
"if it's not a flint lock, it doesn't belong", I'm getting ready to tell them that if you're not using your voice or paper you're not using the 1st right. (the two loudest work on the computer :lol: )
No no they have to use town cryers not paper an quill.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

Obama in a live presser right now using--as completely expected--the Orlando tragedy to get back up on his soapbox demanding more "common sense" gun control, and demanding that we need to get "powerful weapons of war" and "assault rifles" off the streets.

Thank goodness he is isn't demanding that we eliminate "the shoulder thing that goes up." :mad5

The media and liberal politicians are so deeply ingraining a false definition of "assault rifle" that I fully expect the incorrect definition to begin appearing in dictionaries and the AP Stylebook.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Obama in a live presser right now using--as completely expected--the Orlando tragedy to get back up on his soapbox demanding more "common sense" gun control, and demanding that we need to get "powerful weapons of war" and "assault rifles" off the streets.
This has always baffled me about the anti-gun arguments. In a world where firearms exist and bad actors exist (who will inevitably find tools, legally or not, suited to their desires), how is it "common sense" to disarm everyone who isn't a bad actor? Only Progressive fantasies pretend that the bad actors will simply cede their firearms like good citizens would be expected to. Likewise, how is it "common sense" to limit the capability / magazine capacity of guns owned by good guys if the bad guys can simply ignore the limits?

Perpetrators of crimes of violence are like a cancer. They must be excised from society, preferably permanently and immediately the moment they reveal themselves. This cannot be accomplished if all law-abiding citizens are soft targets without the means of countering violence with equal or greater violence in defense of self and society.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I heard an interview with an Israeli security official that stated that after the recent attacks in Tel Aviv that the government chose to reduce restrictions on firearms for Israeli citizens (which are currently much stricter than the US). The idea was to arm more "good guys". So our government reaction is to push for more restrictions as if that helped in France or Belgium or any other terrorist attacks where the bad guys got weapons illegally.

Another thing that comes to mind in the Orlando attack is...why don't more soft targets (legally "gun-free" zones) employ armed security? It's really sad that someone can walk up to a club (or school) with 300 people in it with a rifle, walk in, start shooting people and nobody can be armed to stop them! :banghead:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Topbuilder »

When his wife dropped him off, did she wonder why he had a Sig 5.56 and 20lbs of ammunition in his purse?
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Topbuilder wrote:When his wife dropped him off, did she wonder why he had a Sig 5.56 and 20lbs of ammunition in his purse?
SMH......
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jusme »

I know that the FBI, Homeland Security, and NSA have huge numbers of people to keep track of, but there seems to be a common thread among most of these terrorists, in that they all have made recent trips to the middle east, prior to their actions. I just wonder how thoroughly the FBI investigated this guy. Did they just ask him if he was a terrorist, and since he said no they dropped it? I don't doubt at all that this was a coordinated attack, with him being the one to be martyred. I just can't believe, that as these investigations continue, how complicit people are and yet don't say anything. If I knew anyone was even contemplating something like this 911 would be lit up.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cb1000rider »

Jusme wrote: Did they just ask him if he was a terrorist, and since he said no they dropped it? I don't doubt at all that this was a coordinated attack, with him being the one to be martyred. I just can't believe, that as these investigations continue, how complicit people are and yet don't say anything. If I knew anyone was even contemplating something like this 911 would be lit up.
They asked him. He said that he was aligned with ISIS and Hezbollah. As those two groups are apparently incompatible, basically they assumed he was a wack-job and watched him for a while.

You can certainly fault the FBI retrospectively here. However, unless we all want to give up our gun rights without due process, I'm not sure what our government could have done other than guess a little better about another lone-wolf wack job. He didn't have any legitimate links to terrorist organizations beyond his own mouth.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

cb1000rider wrote:
Jusme wrote: Did they just ask him if he was a terrorist, and since he said no they dropped it? I don't doubt at all that this was a coordinated attack, with him being the one to be martyred. I just can't believe, that as these investigations continue, how complicit people are and yet don't say anything. If I knew anyone was even contemplating something like this 911 would be lit up.
They asked him. He said that he was aligned with ISIS and Hezbollah. As those two groups are apparently incompatible, basically they assumed he was a wack-job and watched him for a while.

You can certainly fault the FBI retrospectively here. However, unless we all want to give up our gun rights without due process, I'm not sure what our government could have done other than guess a little better about another lone-wolf wack job. He didn't have any legitimate links to terrorist organizations beyond his own mouth.
I think a bigger problem then watch lists are the people not being able to defend themselves.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

philip964 wrote: Obviously unsubstantiated. Two other shooters, someone holding doors shut so people could not exit.
The guy holding doors shut guy was interviewed on Fox. So that is confirmed.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”