Mass Shooting at Orlando Nightclub

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mass Shooting at Orlando Nightclub

Post by TXBO »

JALLEN wrote:
TXBO wrote:

Do a little research on the amount of US debt held by the Saudis. It's scary.
If you owe the bank a million you can't pay, that's your problem. If you owe the bank a billion you can't pay, that's the bank's problem.
In this case, it's everybody's problem.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

flintknapper wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tages.html

Swore allegiance to ISIS.

I am concerned just like in Paris, that many of these venues do not have enough exits and the exits they do have are concentrated at the front, when if controlled by a terrorist do not leave any way for the people to quickly exit. That and of course this was likely a gun free zone, so no one can defend themselves by shooting back.

Horrible.

RIP
Everyone 'exiting' is part of the problem when there is an 'active shooter' situation that occurs in a small space.

Reportedly there were 320 patrons in the building and ONE terrorist. What would happen if 200 people charged the shooter instead of offering him their backs as they ran!

The answer of course is: They would quickly overpower him and end the threat.

Yes it would come at some 'cost' and certainly it goes against the 'nature' of most folks, but we need to give this some thought.

SURELY there were strong, able bodied men in the room. Did NO ONE fight back?

These are different times folks. 'Running' isn't always going to be the best thing to do.
Rarely do people fight back unless they get some sort of training to do so, or have the rare natural inclination to do so. "Running TO the sound of the guns" is not in most peoples' minds when the shooting starts. Out of the two choices, fight or flight, most will flee. A lot of folks on here have been mentally training themselves on what to do in a bad situation; in the wider populace, those that even think about it all are likely rare.

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by warnmar10 »

K.Mooneyham wrote:... in the wider populace, those that even think about it all are likely rare.
Dial 911 and shelter in place.

philip964
Posts in topic: 21

Post by philip964 »

"I join Americans in praying for the victims of the attack in Orlando, their families and the first responders who did everything they could to save lives.

This was an act of terror. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies are hard at work, and we will learn more in the hours and days ahead. For now, we can say for certain that we need to redouble our efforts to defend our country from threats at home and abroad. That means defeating international terror groups, working with allies and partners to go after them wherever they are, countering their attempts to recruit people here and everywhere, and hardening our defenses at home. It also means refusing to be intimidated and staying true to our values.

This was also an act of hate. The gunman attacked an LGBT nightclub during Pride Month. To the LGBT community: please know that you have millions of allies across our country. I am one of them. We will keep fighting for your right to live freely, openly and without fear. Hate has absolutely no place in America.

Finally, we need to keep guns like the ones used last night out of the hands of terrorists or other violent criminals. This is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States and it reminds us once more that weapons of war have no place on our streets.

This is a time to stand together and resolve to do everything we can to defend our communities and country."

Hillary Clinton

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JALLEN »

I thought it was Ramadan.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

philip964 wrote:"I join Americans in praying for the victims of the attack in Orlando, their families and the first responders who did everything they could to save lives.

This was an act of terror. Law enforcement and intelligence agencies are hard at work, and we will learn more in the hours and days ahead. For now, we can say for certain that we need to redouble our efforts to defend our country from threats at home and abroad. That means defeating international terror groups, working with allies and partners to go after them wherever they are, countering their attempts to recruit people here and everywhere, and hardening our defenses at home. It also means refusing to be intimidated and staying true to our values.

This was also an act of hate. The gunman attacked an LGBT nightclub during Pride Month. To the LGBT community: please know that you have millions of allies across our country. I am one of them. We will keep fighting for your right to live freely, openly and without fear. Hate has absolutely no place in America.

Finally, we need to keep guns like the ones used last night out of the hands of terrorists or other violent criminals. This is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States and it reminds us once more that weapons of war have no place on our streets.

This is a time to stand together and resolve to do everything we can to defend our communities and country."

Hillary Clinton
She's an idiot - putting it nicely.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

philip964

Post by philip964 »

"Last night, our nation was attacked by a radical Islamic terrorist. It was the worst terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11, and the second of its kind in 6 months. My deepest sympathy and support goes out to the victims, the wounded, and their families.

In his remarks today, President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words 'Radical Islam'. For that reason alone, he should step down. If Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words 'Radical Islam' she should get out of this race for the Presidency.

If we do not get tough and smart real fast, we are not going to have a country anymore. Because our leaders are weak, I said this was going to happen – and it is only going to get worse. I am trying to save lives and prevent the next terrorist attack. We can't afford to be politically correct anymore.

The terrorist, Omar Mir Saddique Mateen, is the son of an immigrant from Afghanistan who openly published his support for the Afghanistani Taliban and even tried to run for President of Afghanistan. According to Pew, 99% of people in Afghanistan support oppressive Sharia Law.

We admit more than 100,000 lifetime migrants from the Middle East each year. Since 9/11, hundreds of migrants and their children have been implicated in terrorism in the United States.

Hillary Clinton wants to dramatically increase admissions from the Middle East, bringing in many hundreds of thousands during a first term – and we will have no way to screen them, pay for them, or prevent the second generation from radicalizing.

We need to protect all Americans, of all backgrounds and all beliefs, from Radical Islamic Terrorism - which has no place in an open and tolerant society. Radical Islam advocates hate for women, gays, Jews, Christians and all Americans. I am going to be a President for all Americans, and I am going to protect and defend all Americans. We are going to make America safe again and great again for everyone."

- Donald J. Trump

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Just watched Sheila Jackson Lee on the news... She intends to file a bill tomorrow to place controls on "dangerous assault weapons (of which the AR-15 is one)"...

I didn't know how much danger I was in this weekend. I left Houston on Friday evening with an AR 15 and a few hundred rounds of 5.56 ammunition. I traveled to La Grange, Round Top, Weimar, and Sweet Home over the weekend. Had I known how dangerous the weapon I was carrying was, I may have considered leaving it at home.

I should probably get rid of all my high powered assault weapons since they are so dangerous. I am sure Sheila will grant a special gun free zone around me to protect me.

What an idiot...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

RJGold wrote:Just watched Sheila Jackson Lee on the news... She intends to file a bill tomorrow to place controls on "dangerous assault weapons (of which the AR-15 is one)"...

I didn't know how much danger I was in this weekend. I left Houston on Friday evening with an AR 15 and a few hundred rounds of 5.56 ammunition. I traveled to La Grange, Round Top, Weimar, and Sweet Home over the weekend. Had I known how dangerous the weapon I was carrying was, I may have considered leaving it at home.

I should probably get rid of all my high powered assault weapons since they are so dangerous. I am sure Sheila will grant a special gun free zone around me to protect me.

What an idiot...
Non-starter, thank goodness.

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

"Finally, we need to keep guns like the ones used last night out of the hands of terrorists or other violent criminals. This is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States and it reminds us once more that weapons of war have no place on our streets."

who ever posted this .
it is a quote From Frau clintons words today.
Or maybe she quoted the poster. :nono: :nono:
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

LTCTLB wrote:
philip964 wrote:"I join Americans in praying for the victims of the attack in Orlando, their families and the first responders who did everything they could to save lives.

Hillary Clinton
She's an idiot - putting it nicely.
Though I understand what you were saying, I would never use any word that eludes to Hillary Clinton not being 100% completely aware of what kind of stuff she is trying to put over on people. Cold, calculating, manipulative, power-hungry, and power-mad are descriptors I find much more accurate.

FCH

Post by FCH »

:totap: ob juan - go back and look at the post. It was a quote!
NRA Member
TSRA Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

o b juan wrote:"Finally, we need to keep guns like the ones used last night out of the hands of terrorists or other violent criminals. This is the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States and it reminds us once more that weapons of war have no place on our streets."

who ever posted this .
it is a quote From Frau clintons words today.
Or maybe she quoted the poster. :nono: :nono:
Did you not see the quotation marks or the attribution to Hillary Clinton?

This is a terrible tragedy and will lead to more intense efforts to further limit our rights. The antivun crowd will do all they can to exploit this. We need,to stick together and avoid infighting and,
bickering. Our enemy Kent,each other and it isn't just the radical Islamic jihadists.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/ ... 3Afacebook

It starts. The AR-15, mass shooters weapon of choice. Bernie called it an automatic weapon today.

Bolton Strid
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bolton Strid »

News round-up for the interested - - - -

Orlando Terrorist: The Most Gun Control-Compliant Shooter in History?
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/06/ ... r-history/

The guy went through above and beyond what all the little wanna bee tinpot dictators want for background checks in gun control - and it made no difference in public safety, did it?

Orlando Killer Worked For Company Transporting Illegal Immigrants Inside US; Was Interviewed By FBI
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-1 ... -deep-insi

This has blown open a big can of worms that should give the Regime some fits.

Orlando shooting suspect’s father hosted a political TV show
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... residency/

An open supporter of the Taliban, and NO ONE picked up on this???!!!
Looks like the whole family is nuts - shades of clock boy in Irving last year

La Raza Council Cancels Pro-Muslim, Anti-Trump Event After Massive Terrorist Attack
http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/12/la-ra ... st-attack/

Talk about your cognitive dissonance.
Looks like their little Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact received transparency they did not want.

Pink Pistols urges gays to arm themselves: ‘Guns did not do this, a human being did’
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -guns-did/
http://www.pinkpistols.org/2016/06/12/p ... ando-club/

Orlando shooter traveled to Saudi Arabia in 2011, 2012: MSNBC
https://www.yahoo.com/news/orlando-shoo ... 05606.html

Not much detail (yet) - the plot thickens......

Saw an older fellow who was inside the club being interviewed after his discharge from a hospital - heard him say that the killer was having problems with his weaponry, jams and such - if so, missed opportunities to storm the creep and take him down. Hope to know more details in the coming days.
Last edited by Bolton Strid on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

Return to “The Crime Blotter”