Stabbing at The University of Texas

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Stabbing at The University of Texas

Post by NotRPB »

K.Mooneyham wrote:Well, nice to see folks misunderstand the intent of what I was getting at. :???: :roll:
K.Mooneyham wrote:
Besides the important things you pointed out, I'd like to add one more. The killer didn't use a firearm, so maybe "the system" worked in that regard. However, he WANTED to harm/kill other people, and he still found a way to do that, despite not having a firearm. Which, IMHO, just confirms that it isn't the weapon, but the intent of the person using it, that matters.
I think I understood the point.
Rocking Chairs kill people http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/sho ... -Death-Row
Convicted and sentenced to death in Ventura County on July 12, 1988 for fatally bludgeoning his neighbors, William and Modena Galloway, on October 18, 1986. Cain ran out of money while having a cocaine party and broke into their Oxnard home, where William Galloway, 63, was known to keep large sums of cash. (Kept his Social Security Retirement $ there)Cain beat the couple to death with a rocking chair and took their money.
EveryTown for RockingChairSafety

RockingChairViolence must be stopped

Ban Rocking Chairs

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

NotRPB wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:Well, nice to see folks misunderstand the intent of what I was getting at. :???: :roll:
K.Mooneyham wrote:
Besides the important things you pointed out, I'd like to add one more. The killer didn't use a firearm, so maybe "the system" worked in that regard. However, he WANTED to harm/kill other people, and he still found a way to do that, despite not having a firearm. Which, IMHO, just confirms that it isn't the weapon, but the intent of the person using it, that matters.
I think I understood the point.
Rocking Chairs kill people http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/sho ... -Death-Row
Convicted and sentenced to death in Ventura County on July 12, 1988 for fatally bludgeoning his neighbors, William and Modena Galloway, on October 18, 1986. Cain ran out of money while having a cocaine party and broke into their Oxnard home, where William Galloway, 63, was known to keep large sums of cash. (Kept his Social Security Retirement $ there)Cain beat the couple to death with a rocking chair and took their money.
EveryTown for RockingChairSafety

RockingChairViolence must be stopped

Ban Rocking Chairs
So, do you think I support gun control, or anything like that? I most certainly do not. The reason I put what I did in quotes is that is what leftwingers would say...and they'd be wrong.

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Nah, I wouldn't assume you support gun control

I do think we need COMMON SENSE ROCKING CHAIR laws though, perhaps background checks on anyone buying one and I think they should be kept away from children (Hear that?, no more rocking babies to sleep!! They might just GO OFF by themselves) !!!

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

Update: Insanity defense accepted in Texas campus stabbing attack
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A judge on Tuesday found a former University of Texas student not guilty by reason of insanity in a random stabbing attack last year that killed one student dead and wounded three others.
USAF 1982-2005

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

WOW! I would have never thought. Not being sarcastic. If both defense and prosecution agrees on it, how can one argue? However, i feel sorry for the dead student.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

rotor

Post by rotor »

Watched this on the news tonight. They said the family is going to work on changing knife laws. There is no question that the killer was insane. Changing knife laws though? Rational thought lost in grief.

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

How does release from his current situation happen? Does a doctor decide when he gets out? Board of doctors?
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”