MA: Two physicians tied up and throats slit...

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

MA: Two physicians tied up and throats slit...

Post by ELB »

...in their own apartment in Boston.

Have read several stories on this, significant changes from the first reports, but it appears the short course as I understand it is this:

Last Friday a man entered the penthouse apartment of a male and female physician. He threatened the two with a handgun, tied them up, and cut their throats. At some point the male got a text message off to a friend reporting a gunman and asking him to call police.

Police arrived, found keys outside the apartment door, made entry, and shot the perpetrator three times, who was rushed to the hospital and survived. The perp may have told cops there was another perp in the apartment, but police found only the two dead physicians and a backpack filled with jewelry near the door. The handgun apparently turned out to be a pellet gun or some other not-real-firearm.

The perpetrator, 30, was born in Guinea-Bissau, moved to the US in his 20s, and was recently released from prison after being convicted of two bank robberies. He may have worked as a concierge and/or security guard in the building where this occurred, although not recently. Also seemed to be homeless.

There are other details floating around, and it appears maybe the DA and police aren't exactly on the same page about what happened, especially about why and the police shot the perpetrator. I get the feeling there is something a little odd about this case, beyond the standard awfulness of a robbery-murder.

I have read and been told in other self-defense training to "never go to the second crime scene voluntarily." When someone tries to take one to another location, whether across town or backroom, it is time to fight, regardless of the odds. Nothing good is about to happen. This seems sensible to me.

As John Farnam said in an email about this incident, being tied up falls in the same category.

These are some of the most recent stories on this, but there are quite a few more if you google for them:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/09/bo ... lding.html

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_ ... rs_says_no

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
Last edited by ELB on Tue May 09, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MA: Two physcians tied up and throats slit...

Post by crazy2medic »

Same never leave with the bad guy, never allow the BG to take a family member whatever happens end it right there!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

Immigrant from where? THERE SHOULD BE A bIGLY LOCKDOWN ON iMMIGRATION , THINGS ARE GETTING BAD
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Abraham

Re: MA: Two physicians tied up and throats slit...

Post by Abraham »

Legal immigrants are my kind of people.

In fact, one of my best buds is from Venezuela.

He came here, became a citizen, got a degree, (paid his own tuition) and is a business owner.

Illegals on the other hand, should be shown the door.

Come back, be caught again, should be housed in prison long enough to earn the money for deportation...and they have to pay for their food, clothing, etc., just like in a Mexican prison. No freebies. Works in Mexico, ought to work here just fine...

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

o b juan wrote:Immigrant from where? THERE SHOULD BE A bIGLY LOCKDOWN ON iMMIGRATION , THINGS ARE GETTING BAD
My wife is an immigrant, and now is a US citizen & LTC holder. She owns her own business, and employs US citizens.

I suggest that such a blanket statement as you've made is a bit over the top.

I'm not suggesting open borders, but I do believe that (as in other countries) immigrants should be able to justify their ability to support themselves.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Vol Texan,

I too read the post you're referring to and wondered if there wasn't a whole lot of 'tongue in cheek' or perhaps a whole of sarcasm in that post...

I think very few of us born here are resentful towards legal immigrants.

It's the illegal, possibly diseased, criminal and/or welfare recipients (and believe me, there are many who are and also clog up our ER's) that most Americans want out of our country.

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

WRT to the individual perpetrator, I suspect it is going to be found that he has some mental health issues.

The open borders crowd has deliberately conflated illegal and legal immigration in an effort to confer legitimacy on illegal immigration, an attempt to force people to believe they are choosing either the keep everyone out -- or let everyone in. The effect is often the opposite, tarring immigration in general. I too am fine with legal, controlled immigration. I am not fine with its opposite.

The articles I linked to felt it necessary to bring up the perpetrator's national origin, perhaps because of his name -- yet left out an obvious related fact. I found that curious.

In any case, what I found most notable was yet another lesson, a gruesome one, in being prepared at just like anywhere else, and especially not cooperating in your own captivity and demise.
USAF 1982-2005

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:Vol Texan,

I too read the post you're referring to and wondered if there wasn't a whole lot of 'tongue in cheek' or perhaps a whole of sarcasm in that post...

I think very few of us born here are resentful towards legal immigrants.

It's the illegal, possibly diseased, criminal and/or welfare recipients (and believe me, there are many who are and also clog up our ER's) that most Americans want out of our country.
EXACTLY!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Wonder if they were both liberal and Democrats?

Wonder if they thought about that as they died?

Sorry to be so cruel. It's not very nice of me.

Are their friends and relatives all still liberal and Democrats.

RIP I am very sorry this happened to you.

Maybe someday they will all see beyond the horrible Newspaper in their city. It may however be too late.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-colle ... 43807.html

The doctors, who were tied up and had their throats sliced open by the robber, were compassionate.

Their colleagues want people to remember them for how they lived, not how they died.

The robber previously worked there, a while back, as a security guard.

o b juan

Post by o b juan »

QUOTE FROM SOMEONE MARRIED TO AN iMMIGRANT (below)

' immigrants should be able to justify their ability to support themselves." :banghead: u IDIOT

what justification did this animal have in supporting himself with the murders of to Physicians?

I am sure your spouse doesnt make her living in the same manner.
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

o b juan wrote:QUOTE FROM SOMEONE MARRIED TO AN iMMIGRANT (below)

' immigrants should be able to justify their ability to support themselves." :banghead: u IDIOT

what justification did this animal have in supporting himself with the murders of to Physicians?

I am sure your spouse doesnt make her living in the same manner.
objuan,

So you think I'm an idiot?

Others on here, whom I respect, thought that perhaps there was a bit of 'tongue in cheek' in your comment. I didn't read it that way at first, but I'm sure now (after your outburst) that you were genuine in your criticism of all immigration.

Well, as a person who has immigrated (temporarily) to live in another country, I believe I have some knowledge of the process. Before I moved to Singapore, I had to justify that I had (a) a legal right to be there, (b) a means of supporting myself while I was there, (c) a Singaporean-owned company that sponsored me, and (d) a pre-defined date of departure from the country. Those who wish to live there permanently don't necessarily need that fourth item. Of course, I've simplified this for you, but even you can see here that they have a clearly defined set of methods with which an immigrant can justify their immigration status.

Now this is just one example, but if you did just a bit of looking around on the internet, you'll see that the same is true of many countries: You may be suffering from some logical fallacy, so I will break this down so that even you can follow:
  • You said, "Immigrant from where? THERE SHOULD BE A bIGLY LOCKDOWN ON iMMIGRATION , THINGS ARE GETTING BAD".
  • I simply responded to your attack on immigration in general, and suggested that a complete 'bigly lockdown' (I've never heard that adjective before, but I think I follow your thought pattern) would be a bit over the top, and provided an example of one immigrant who came here legally and is benefiting society in her own way.
  • And then, you changed the subject from immigration in general to this guy's actions (which were not the topic I was commenting on), suggesting I'm an idiot because I cannot follow your train of thought. By "train of thought" I can only assume that yours is as such:

All immigration = bad people = sadistic murderers.
If that is truly what you think, then I hope you're able to mature past that position.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

And please, stop with the personal attacks. It detracts from the topic, and obscures the conversation about two horrific murders, and the underlying discussion of the inability of people in New York (and liberals in general) to defend themselves.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

Returning to our regularly scheduled programming...be prepared... even at home.
USAF 1982-2005

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

ELB wrote:Returning to our regularly scheduled programming...be prepared... even at home.
:iagree: (especially at home)
Last edited by Vol Texan on Thu May 11, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

“According to what law-enforcement sources are telling me, he is apparently a green-card holder […] The one thing they stress to you when you have a green card is, you’re a ‘permanent resident,’ but it’s not permanent if you’re not law-abiding. In other words, if you break the law, if you commit a crime, your green card should be revoked. Then obviously if your green card is revoked, then ipso facto, you should be deported. Why wasn’t this guy deported?

He committed the crime […] He was convicted of it. He was sentenced to prison. He, in fact, even had probation on top of prison. So why was the green card not rescinded? Now the question may lie with the judge."

Apparently the murderer was convicted of two robberies prior to murdering the two doctors. The judge in the case sentenced him to 364 days in jail. If she had sentenced him to 365 days in jail, he would have been subject to deportation. So at least some in Boston are not as liberal as you might expect and are blaming the judge in part for this murder.

Of course they are forgetting who was President at the time, he would have never been deported, even if she had sentenced him to a year.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”