CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Post Reply

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6228
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#1

Post by philip964 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 pm

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/ ... 681227001/

California will outlaw the open carry of long guns anywhere in California if Moonbeam signs Assembly Bill 7 (Yes I believe this would make hunting of any kind difficult) . It will however still allow concealed carry permit holders to conceal carry an unloaded hand gun.

No, I didn't put this in the crime blotter by mistake.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 888
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#2

Post by crazy2medic » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:11 pm

This will allow every Californian to say to their attacker "hold on a second while I load my gun"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#3

Post by strogg » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:01 pm

From what I can tell from the bill text http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces ... 1720180AB7, the only change CA will see is making it illegal to carry any unloaded long gun in a public area outside a city limit in a prohibited area. Hunting is seemingly still OK as long as you're outside the city limit in a designated hunting area. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Although it doesn't sound as bad as it is, the fact that someone went out of their way to make an assembly bill to patch something that was never ever a problem to begin with and will never be a problem is just awful.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#4

Post by TreyHouston » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:42 pm

As being a sanctuary state they need to make sure all their illegals coming there will be able to flourish and all their respective Ways...
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#5

Post by ScottDLS » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:03 pm

philip964 wrote:http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/ ... 681227001/

California will outlaw the open carry of long guns anywhere in California if Moonbeam signs Assembly Bill 7 (Yes I believe this would make hunting of any kind difficult) . It will however still allow concealed carry permit holders to conceal carry an unloaded hand gun.

No, I didn't put this in the crime blotter by mistake.
What about concealed carry of long guns? :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10696
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#6

Post by Oldgringo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:50 pm

ScottDLS wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/ ... 681227001/

California will outlaw the open carry of long guns anywhere in California if Moonbeam signs Assembly Bill 7 (Yes I believe this would make hunting of any kind difficult) . It will however still allow concealed carry permit holders to conceal carry an unloaded hand gun.

No, I didn't put this in the crime blotter by mistake.
What about concealed carry of long guns? :biggrinjester:
Rocks? Can they carry multiple rocks in their pockets?

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#7

Post by Flightmare » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 pm

Oldgringo wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story/ ... 681227001/

California will outlaw the open carry of long guns anywhere in California if Moonbeam signs Assembly Bill 7 (Yes I believe this would make hunting of any kind difficult) . It will however still allow concealed carry permit holders to conceal carry an unloaded hand gun.

No, I didn't put this in the crime blotter by mistake.
What about concealed carry of long guns? :biggrinjester:
Rocks? Can they carry multiple rocks in their pockets?
Image
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

John Galt
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm
Location: DFW

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#8

Post by John Galt » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 pm

The stupidity of liberalism continues to amaze.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2797
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#9

Post by SQLGeek » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:52 am

One wonders if there will come a time when Sacramento will quit trying to make enemies of law abiding citizens while befriending the criminals.
Psalm 91:2

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2797
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: CA: AB7 will still allow concealed carry permit holders to carry an unloaded gun

#10

Post by SQLGeek » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:54 am

strogg wrote:
Although it doesn't sound as bad as it is, the fact that someone went out of their way to make an assembly bill to patch something that was never ever a problem to begin with and will never be a problem is just awful.
The curse of a full time legislature. They actively look for things to justify their existence instead of dealing with issues as they come. While it can be a good thing once in a while, it usually leads to a lot of bad and needless laws getting passed.
Psalm 91:2

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”