Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

deertrax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Post by deertrax »

CZp10 wrote:
philip964 wrote: That gave them a 6 minute head start to stop him.

If a security guard was shot why wasn't every armed security person LEO or not who was on the property, at that guys room with in 5 minutes. I don't understand.
That six minutes is really bothering me, I don’t understand at all. Something very, very different should have happened given those 6 minutes.

I agree. Just doesn't make sense. Another gun-free zone.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Certified RSO & Instructor (Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun), NRA Member, TSRA Member

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

1) I read an article that the guard was unarmed. If he had a gun, he could have ended it before it started. MGM policy for guards is NO WEAPONS - no mace, club, gun , taser etc.

2) MGM will now call security to any room that has a Do Not Disturb sigh for more than 12 hours. I suppose that they will then storm your room with SWAT and you will never be heard of again, going with the whole "stays in Vegas" thing...!

2) If this happened 6 minutes before the shooting started, what caused the guard to go to the room?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

philip964
Posts in topic: 84

Post by philip964 »

TreyHouston wrote:1) I read an article that the guard was unarmed. If he had a gun, he could have ended it before it started. MGM policy for guards is NO WEAPONS - no mace, club, gun , taser etc.

2) MGM will now call security to any room that has a Do Not Disturb sigh for more than 12 hours. I suppose that they will then storm your room with SWAT and you will never be heard of again, going with the whole "stays in Vegas" thing...!

2) If this happened 6 minutes before the shooting started, what caused the guard to go to the room?
He was investigating a door alarm that went off for that door, maybe due to it being propped open while shooter set out his cameras.

The shooter fired 200 rounds at the guard.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

The hospital I work in is part of a nationwide system. One of the hospitals that received many of the victims is also in this system. The following details are from an internal e-mail about the types of victims this hospital treated.

They treated approximately 200 people, of which 120 were gun shot wounds. They have 30 operating rooms that were all immediately activated and performed more than 80 surgeries throughout the night and into the following day. This hospital is a Level II trauma center and received the most seriously injured people that evening.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

dawgfishboy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dawgfishboy »

philip964 wrote:He was investigating a door alarm that went off for that door, maybe due to it being propped open while shooter set out his cameras.

The shooter fired 200 rounds at the guard.
Thought I read it was another room on the same floor but that he heard drilling and went to investigate.
About half-way down: http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/09/us/las-ve ... index.html

GreenMan0352
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GreenMan0352 »

bblhd672 wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://www.theroot.com/this-is-only-the ... 1819112938

Well apparently Native Americans are not the only ones to hold the title of most dead from a mass killing.

Apparently Blacks have also suffered from mass murder ( at the hands of Caucasians ).

This article lists quite a few. I was only aware of the Tulsa mass murder.
Has nothing to do with Las Vegas shooting. Immaterial to the discussion.

I disagree. I think it does have to do with the mass shooting. All these libtards want to take away the guns and say that our 2nd Ammendment caused Americas biggest mass murder. In reality this wasn't even it, which goes to prove them wrong. People don't need guns to kill they just need evil in their hearts and they will find another way. Thus the bombing which actually was the biggest mass killing in US history. A great point IMHO.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Lynyrd »

philip964 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Security guard shot before shooter opened up on the concert.

They got their top men on the investigation. Top men!

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-veg ... story.html
That gave them a 6 minute head start to stop him.

If a security guard was shot why wasn't every armed security person LEO or not who was on the property, at that guys room with in 5 minutes. I don't understand.
The original story from the police didn't make sense. The timeline of 72 minutes? Now they have put out another timeline that doesn't make sense while contradicting their earlier statements. I don't understand any of this either. It still doesn't make sense. It appears that we will never know the truth.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

TV ticker reported bumpstock lawsuit filed by victims attorney.

Has there been any official announcement that they were even used, or who the manufacturer was?

dlh
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dlh »

Lynyrd wrote:
philip964 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Security guard shot before shooter opened up on the concert.

They got their top men on the investigation. Top men!

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-veg ... story.html
That gave them a 6 minute head start to stop him.

The original story from the police didn't make sense. The timeline of 72 minutes? Now they have put out another timeline that doesn't make sense while contradicting their earlier statements. I don't understand any of this either. It still doesn't make sense. It appears that we will never know the truth.
I think we will eventually know a good part of the truth but we may never know the "entire" truth. There are many witnesses, video cameras, 911 logs, and other records to piece together to get a coherent account of what happened. If the police do not do that in their press conferences then the attorneys down the road will certainly do it for a jury after all of this is dissected, digested, and put back together. Expect a few books to come out of this too and maybe even a movie.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 7

Post by BBYC »

"Based on a true story"
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://yournewswire.com/george-soros-bi ... dalay-bay/

George Soros shorted MGM stock before the shooting. MGM owns the hotel where the shooter shot from.

I'm sure a coincidence. Rich guys short stocks all the time.

Home of shooter broken into by persons unknown.

I'm sure a coincidence. Homes get broken into all the time.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Lynyrd »

The official time line is disputed by MGM.

http://kfor.com/2017/10/13/resort-dispu ... -shooting/
Do what you say you're gonna do.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Gunfire in a hotel should trigger a lot of immediate activity on the part of basically everyone.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MechAg94 »

MaduroBU wrote:Gunfire in a hotel should trigger a lot of immediate activity on the part of basically everyone.
I recall hearing the SWAT team was onsite pretty fast. That might explain that. Those teams don't usually assemble real quick. Of course, that might have been more inaccurate information.

It is starting to look like just about all the information from the first couple days is questionable at best.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

"I recall hearing the SWAT team was onsite pretty fast. That might explain that. Those teams don't usually assemble real quick. "

For the assembly of a SWAT team, the response seems extremely fast (to me...I have no idea how fast a SWAT team is supposed to be able to arrive somewhere).

It may be that the "delay" was merely an understandable desire by LE not to go off half cocked against a dangerous and well armed man while the scale of the devastation and attendant need for immediate action was not yet known and impossible to predict.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”