Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmorris
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Post by jmorris »

Reports say he was dead when LEOs entered room.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

jmorris wrote:Reports say he was dead when LEOs entered room.
He took the coward's way out!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Our prayers go out to the victims, their families and loved ones. I cannot fathom what would cause a person to perpetrate such an act beyond the influence of evil.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 5

Post by treadlightly »

What a horror, and some people will blame freedom for the works of insanity and evil.

If you could turn everyone on earth into bouncy little Mousekateers by banning guns and "common sense" idiocy, it would still be a bad plan.

With enough restrictions, like proactive solitary confinement for all, I guess you could prevent crime. Save me from that much safety, please.

Better a strong world than a vulnerable one. Better to live with risk than to sacrifice freedom for safety.

Now there's talk in the media of xray searches and metal detectors in hotels. I'd rather sleep in a pup tent.

Prayers to the victims and all affected by this madness.

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Jnazee »

Lifting all those involved in prayer. :cry:

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Beiruty »

I am really concerned for copy cat. Stay safe. Plan for "What to do, if this happened..." Escape route, loved ones, help if possible. Go home, if you have anything else to do
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The Security kept people fenced and locked up. They couldn't escape. Was literally like shooting fish in a barrel.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

philip964
Posts in topic: 84

Post by philip964 »

50 Dead 400 injured. 10 rifles. Built a platform inside the room, broke 2 windows, had a corner room. Had a camera system, so he could tell when the police were at his room. He had been in the room since Thursday. Apparently well planned. The shooter is being reported as Stephen Paddock, 64. His family has no idea why he did this. No political affiliations. He lived in Mesquite, Nevada near Las Vegas.

No immediate obvious answers to why he did this.

Words cannot express the tragedy of this event and the utter senselessness of this horror.
Last edited by philip964 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

dlh
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dlh »

Reports they turned the lights on at the concert grounds when the shooting started...Think about it...:(
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I know this will come out in time but I wonder how many casualties are a result of gunfire as opposed to being trampled. It doesn't change anything at all, just an idle curiosity on my end.
Psalm 91:2

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 7

Post by crazy2medic »

Reading he's a left wing lunatic, huge fan of Rachel madcow, so far no mention of this on MSM!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

crazy2medic wrote:Reading he's a left wing lunatic, huge fan of Rachel madcow, so far no mention of this on MSM!
Any links to where you are getting this?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Maxwell »

Reading a lot of different things. Remember, the media will report ANYTHING they hear or think they heard.
We will not have many of the facts for a while so let's not buy into the tin-foil conspiracies just yet.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Scott in Houston wrote:
cmgee67 wrote:Lord be with the family’s affected by this horrible event and be with the ones who are in the hospital.

I am glad police were able to stop the shooter. This is a good reminder that anything can happen anywhere and at any time. This a prime example on why we should carry at all times if possible. Carrying a gun isn’t always comfortable but it’s a comfortable thought even though having a gun doesn’t make us invincible or an automatic survivor it at least gives us a fighting chance.
I agree with this sentiment but this also made me realize that sometimes, we're purely at the mercy of pure evil.
Carrying at this concert would have done nothing for any of the victims. He was shooting from an elevated position out of a window. You'd have to be carrying a very nice rifle...

Anyway, prayers for the victims and our country. The new 'discussion' that is about to begin is not going to be enjoyable.
A rifle would not have helped. This is not Ramadi and none of us is Chris Kyle. Cover was limited, the size of the crowd and the area enclosed by walls and fencing made running extremely difficult. Best training you could have is in emergency treating for gunshot wounds and best thing you could carry would be a trauma / blowout kit.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philip964 wrote:50 Dead 400 injured. 10 rifles. Built a platform inside the room, broke out the window. Had a camera system, so he could tell when the police were at his room. He had been in the room since Thursday. Apparently well planned. The shooter is being reported as Stephen Paddock, 64. His family has no idea why he did this. No political affiliations. He lived in Nevada near Las Vegas.

No immediate obvious answers to why he did this.

Words cannot express the tragedy of this event and the utter senselessness of this horror.
Right. So its not like he carried all that up in his backpack in one trip just before it started. How did the hotel miss this? Somebody either screwed up big time or was bought off. This is bigger than this one guy.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “The Crime Blotter”