UK: 3 Londoners killed or seriously injured by knife crime every day.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 25

UK: 3 Londoners killed or seriously injured by knife crime every day.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/r ... 71366.html

Knives cause death and injury in London. They should be illegal. But only the pointy ones that are black and scary or the ones that can repeatedly stab.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 25

Re: UK: 3 Londoners killed or seriously injured by knife crime every day.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... crime-news

Machine gun shooting.

Plus daily knifings.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

They continue to blame the inanimate object and not the person using it. It would be interesting to see the demographics on the people using those knives to stab people. Then take a strong look at the cultural influences on the offenders.
“We’ve got to work with communities, schools and the young people themselves to spread the message that carrying a knife is more likely to ruin your life than save it.”
Every kid I grew up with carried a pocket knife. No one got stabbed. They were a tool to be used.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

But if you file the pointy end down, the violence will stop...
A judge has proposed a nationwide programme to file down the points of kitchen knives as a solution to the country’s soaring knife crime epidemic.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... udge-says/

Because if you own a file to dull the point, you can't possibly put a point on a butter knife.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

In the fiction of my youth, London thugs favored the straight razor. Those don't have a point. And as we learned from a certain cinematic genre when we were teens, the don't call them "stabber movies", they call them "slasher movies" for a reason.
And legislating objects is a stupid way of trying to solve certain problems......weapons are in the mind. Objects are just tools...........
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Noggin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Noggin »

The more I see the happier I am that I no longer live in that country. Before I left I had watched things slide further and further down the stupid path. I believe that there will be moves to outlaw the ownership of kitchen knives along with screwdrivers etc. You will be required to buy all your meat and vegetables "pre chopped" if you need something unscrewed you will have to call in a licensed "professional" who is authorised to own "dangerous tools". After that ownership of gas will be made illegal, you might try to make your own flame thrower. If you are still allowed to own a car it will have to be electric as will lawn mowers and trimmers etc, except they will probable restricted to licensed professionals as well. About 15 years ago I once joked with some co-workers that in future it would be a crime to get out of bed without first putting on a crash helmet, now I am not so sure it is funny anymore.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

One time at summer camp it rained a lot. Being bored, two of the boys worked to sharpen a rounded-tip butter knife. By the time they were finished it would go through paper like a hot knife through butter.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

Sport Coach wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:49 am One time at summer camp it rained a lot. Being bored, two of the boys worked to sharpen a rounded-tip butter knife. By the time they were finished it would go through paper like a hot knife through butter.
Probably wasn't hardened steel though, so it probably required resharpening after going through the butter! :biggrinjester:
In England you can't purchase a cutlery place setting unless you're 18 or older. Probably goes for butter knives, too.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Noggin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Noggin »

Sport Coach wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:49 am One time at summer camp it rained a lot. Being bored, two of the boys worked to sharpen a rounded-tip butter knife. By the time they were finished it would go through paper like a hot knife through butter.

Even kids have inventive minds. Therefore the possession of an inventive mind must be outlawed - Oh wait a minute that sounds like "mind control" I thought that was already the left's primary agenda.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Here's the solution! NOT!

The absurdity is apparent by the massive chains and locks on a PLASTIC receptacle. "rlol" I'm sure someone came along with a knife and cut them open to get more knives. :lol:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Satire?

Has to be.

Akin to Monty Python because no one's that stupid...

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

We can laugh at the Britts, but it wasn't that long ago that we had some pretty knife laws here in Texas, All folding lockback knives were illegal in San Antonio.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Abraham wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:36 am Satire?

Has to be.

Don't underestimate the power of stupid. The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Abraham wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:36 am Satire?

Has to be.

Surrenderyourknife is an actual program in England. They have repositories for knives. I haven't found this exact photo but there is a photo of a drop box mounted on a building on the website listed below the link to SYK. Believe it or not chefs were queried regarding what knives should be acceptable for sale in the country, they being experts on sharp pointy things.

http://surrenderyourknife.co.uk/

https://www.snopes.com/news/2015/06/22 ... our-knife/

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

What next?

Rocks?

Which of course will make as much sense as banning knives.

What about forks?

Not just standard eating size forks, but holy makel andy, how bout them steroid big scary bbq forks?

an an what about old boards with nails in em, an an tree branches, sharp pointy tree branches or big, heavy round ones, oh man, we're all doomed and soon too.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”