TX: Sutherland Springs church 26 dead 20 injured in mass shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 4

Re: TX: Sutherland Springs church 27 dead 30 injured in mass shooting

Post by powerboatr »

well i have been on twitter most of the day. I was relaxing and my phone started blowing up\\
BIG thanks to who ever found his court martial file. WOW. I just heard it was for domestic violence.
NM has some tough laws regarding DM, but holloman AFB is remote and maybe the AF took it to handle the case vice the local jurisdiction or the DM happened on base in quarters that are provided.
his FB page had Antifa propaganda and the usual crap.
Did he buy the ar type firearm before court martial and discharge?
one big disconnect is military and civilian reporting for NCIC database. Military drags its feet about reporting to civilians anything other than capital crimes. Air force may not have ever turned in the DM conviction to ncic. or the AF didn't convict for DM but did convict some other parsed down DM crime. then dishonorable discharged him. a dishonorable is not an automatic restriction from purchasing firearms, and was his discharge an other than honorable 6 months after discharge and what is its status now?

Very sad that the good folks at church were the victims, I am catholic and my church used to allow concealed carry, but then the big wigs pushed the priests to forbid it. so we pray elsewhere.
good thing we had a sheepdog today and he probably saved more lives. I cant help but think where this nut was going after he left the church, maybe round two up the road? reports he was shooting outside the church first.

should be an interesting next few days
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 3

Post by G.A. Heath »

Here's the sum total of everything we know for a fact at this point: Nothing.

I have seen news interviews with witnesses, a man who claimed he drove in pursuit of the shooter while the armed neighbor rode with him, I have also seen the typical claims from both sides of the debate. Until facts are known let's minimize the speculation and remember the media will be all over this forum monitoring for anything they can use to push their agenda.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Another sad "Supernova" incident.
from this article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/local-media- ... 55639.html

The armed citizen who engaged the gunman killed him. The mass shooter was fleeing in his car, got shot and lost control of his car. The the armed citizen with his truck driver stayed 5 mins at scene until LEOs are arrived. The mass shooter was dead on the steering wheel. Anti-gunners can't spin facts at will.

Confirmation and fully story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hurch.html
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

1911 Raptor wrote:I just read a report on drudge and it says the shooter received a bad conduct discharge. I guess we still don’t know for sure what discharge he received.
Domestic Violence for beating his family
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Steve5115
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Steve5115 »

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/ho ... 333868.php
Texas Attorney General Paxton thinks more parishioners with guns will help prevent mass shootings

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Don’t know if it’s still up, but it sure looks like Antifa fascist to me, based on his FB postings and his main profile page had Antifa flag on lower left side....

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott in Houston »

parabelum wrote:Don’t know if it’s still up, but it sure looks like Antifa fascist to me, based on his FB postings and his main profile page had Antifa flag on lower left side....
Some say that was "doctored"...

I believe he was Antifa and a lefty, but who really knows where the truth comes from now.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bmwrdr »

1911 Raptor wrote:I just read a report on drudge and it says the shooter received a bad conduct discharge. I guess we still don’t know for sure what discharge he received.
According to the article below he was assaulting his wife and his children which lead to the dishonorable discharge.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-pat ... rch-killer
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bmwrdr »

Steve5115 wrote:http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/ho ... 333868.php
Texas Attorney General Paxton thinks more parishioners with guns will help prevent mass shootings
:iagree: Given the fact places of worship are soft targets he is right.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

One question still in my head that I either missed the answer to or that we may never find out are:

1. Why this church?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 20

Post by anygunanywhere »

C-dub wrote:One question still in my head that I either missed the answer to or that we may never find out are:

1. Why this church?
His ex mother-in-law attended that church. Some rumors on the net places her, his ex wife and child at the service.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

C-dub wrote:One question still in my head that I either missed the answer to or that we may never find out are:

1. Why this church?
I don't know why that particular church but I do know that churches are target rich environments.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”