TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Post Reply

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 6100
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#1

Post by philip964 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:22 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/robb ... icials-say

I think we need to understand the extent of the depravity of the bad guys.

On the other hand to those pink hat ladies, this is no big deal, as it's not a baby, it's a choice.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7810
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#2

Post by Abraham » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:15 pm

C'mon, pinky hat wearing leftists unreality is more important than...anything.

User avatar

LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#3

Post by LDB415 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 pm

The guy pointing the gun at the pregnant woman's stomach needs to be executed immediately.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 701
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#4

Post by jason812 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 pm

LDB415 wrote:The guy pointing the gun at the pregnant woman's stomach needs to be executed immediately.
This is my thinking. Capital punishment is not used quick or often enough.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5971
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#5

Post by Pawpaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:54 pm

This happened over a month ago and they're just now putting out the word?!?!?! :headscratch
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

RottenApple
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1633
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#6

Post by RottenApple » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:57 pm

jason812 wrote:This is my thinking. Capital punishment is not used quick or often enough.
Or publicly enough. I may be wrong (I frequently am) but who, these days, is afraid of lethal injection (at least until the time actually comes). Execution used to be a public event in order to attempt to dissuade would-be-bad-guys from their actions. It was public for a reason.

But at the same time, I recognize that there need to be significant safeguards that would prevent the innocent from going to the gallows. Far too many people in recent years have been exonerated by DNA evidence after having spent years in prison or death row.

An interesting conundrum.

That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer... - Benjamin Franklin


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#7

Post by OneGun » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:06 pm

RottenApple wrote:
jason812 wrote:This is my thinking. Capital punishment is not used quick or often enough.
Or publicly enough. I may be wrong (I frequently am) but who, these days, is afraid of lethal injection (at least until the time actually comes). Execution used to be a public event in order to attempt to dissuade would-be-bad-guys from their actions. It was public for a reason.

But at the same time, I recognize that there need to be significant safeguards that would prevent the innocent from going to the gallows. Far too many people in recent years have been exonerated by DNA evidence after having spent years in prison or death row.

An interesting conundrum.

That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer... - Benjamin Franklin
Public hanging is a better deterrent. Also avoids the complications associated with drugs and avoids the medical ethics problems.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 981
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#8

Post by LDB415 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Capital punishment should require DNA proof confirmed by 2 independent labs. Then it's to the gallows in front of the courthouse square in the county where the crime was committed. Hung Saturday noon and removed Monday 8 a.m. That should deter most.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.


striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#9

Post by striker55 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 pm

From what I saw on the news, teenage punks!


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7810
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#10

Post by Abraham » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Lethal injection doesn't sound like a bad way to go.

Hanging? Egad!!

Electric Chair? Holy smokes!!

Firing Squad? Sounds painful!!


BBYC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#11

Post by BBYC » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:33 pm

LDB415 wrote:The guy pointing the gun at the pregnant woman's stomach needs to be executed immediately.
Not sure why it makes a difference where they point it. Stomach, heart, head, uterus, etc. All deadly force.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#12

Post by TreyHouston » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Abraham wrote:Lethal injection doesn't sound like a bad way to go.

Hanging? Egad!!

Electric Chair? Holy smokes!!

Firing Squad? Sounds painful!!
I believe the firing squad should make a comeback. It is quick and cheap! 7-10 guns, all blanks but one.

“Sounds painful!!”??? If sure if their victims might argue that one IF they are still alive.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2772
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: TX: Carjacker points his gun at pregnant woman's stomach

#13

Post by rotor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm

RottenApple wrote:
jason812 wrote:This is my thinking. Capital punishment is not used quick or often enough.
Or publicly enough. I may be wrong (I frequently am) but who, these days, is afraid of lethal injection (at least until the time actually comes). Execution used to be a public event in order to attempt to dissuade would-be-bad-guys from their actions. It was public for a reason.

But at the same time, I recognize that there need to be significant safeguards that would prevent the innocent from going to the gallows. Far too many people in recent years have been exonerated by DNA evidence after having spent years in prison or death row.

An interesting conundrum.

That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer... - Benjamin Franklin
If you have had general anesthesia for surgery (count backwards from 100 and lucky if you hit 99) then you know firsthand what lethal injection is like. The difference of course is that you most likely have been kept alive by the anesthesia person after your "lethal injection".

I used to be strongly for capital punishment but we have seen too many people released from prison because of DNA evidence and now would reserve it for only those that we can be 100% certain about such as the recent illegal that killed 2 LEO and bragged that he wanted to kill more.

Finally, I agree that the death penalty should be firing squad or public hanging. Perhaps than it would be a deterrent. Absolute certainty though that the person is guilty, otherwise prison forever.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”