FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 92

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/28/ ... OfqT0mC_IQ

Government failed Parkland students before massacre. Conservative teen activist.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/school-shooting- ... 19216.html

School shooting survivor stricken with guilt for surviving takes own life.

Very sad. Lost her two best friends.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 15

Post by carlson1 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:21 pm https://news.yahoo.com/school-shooting- ... 19216.html

Very very sad. Praying for her dear family.

Skooter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skooter »

I don’t get the whole survivors guilt thing. One would think you’d be ecstatic to be alive after an ordeal such as that. There’s probably more to the story that’s not being reported. Just my opinion…
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Skooter wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm I don’t get the whole survivors guilt thing. One would think you’d be ecstatic to be alive after an ordeal such as that. There’s probably more to the story that’s not being reported. Just my opinion…
Suffered from PSD. Many people with that condition commit suicide. Survivors guilt may be a way for people to describe her condition in terms they understand better.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Post by C-dub »

Many veterans have survivors guilt over friends they lost. Often times due to completely random chance that their friend was killed instead of them. Sometimes because their friend had a wife and or child, but the one who survived had neither. Why did they die instead of me kind of thing.

My wife thinks I have survivor's guilt over my friend Mike, see my signature line. I don't think it's that, but rather a general sadness for his wife and daughters and a bit of anger over the situation and the shooter. I had to go downtown this past Monday for jury duty and when I was walking from the West End drop off point for the DART train turned a corner and realized I was standing in the spot where he was shot. Something looked familiar about this 7-11 and ten I looked up at the windows of El Centro junior college across the street and realized where I was. I almost had to sit down. I had looked up where I needed to walk to get to where I needed to be, but didn't realize it until I saw it and was there.

I did lose a friend when we were in the Navy back in the '80s. Not from combat or anything. We both rode motorcycles and one night he was killed in a head on collision with a 16 year old girl driving drunk and crossed the line in to his lane. That made me very sad and kind of freaked me out a bit and although I never had any survivor's guilt over that I totally get those that do.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub I am sorry you have lost a dear friend and are still dealing with that tragedy.

Survivors guilt is a real thing. I have counseled two people in the last four years who have had this problem. Just yesterday I met with a 38 year old retired Marsoc Marine dealing with this very issue.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Post by C-dub »

carlson1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:34 am C-dub I am sorry you have lost a dear friend and are still dealing with that tragedy.

Survivors guilt is a real thing. I have counseled two people in the last four years who have had this problem. Just yesterday I met with a 38 year old retired Marsoc Marine dealing with this very issue.
No worries my friend.

Thank you for helping those that need it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

philip964 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:21 pm https://news.yahoo.com/school-shooting- ... 19216.html

Very interesting reading the comments in the article
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DynamicDan »

That is really sad.

apostate
Posts in topic: 2

Post by apostate »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/second-par ... olice-say/
A student who survived the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, last year has died in what appears to be a suicide, police said. It is the second time in one week that a survivor of the shooting at died by suicide.
I wonder what effect the publicity given to the first suicide had.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

apostate wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:49 pm https://www.cbsnews.com/news/second-par ... olice-say/
A student who survived the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, last year has died in what appears to be a suicide, police said. It is the second time in one week that a survivor of the shooting at died by suicide.
I wonder what effect the publicity given to the first suicide had.
We will never know, but I would wager it played a part.

We already know Hogg is not the brightest bulb in the box, but like the others on the left he puts stupid into words.
David Hogg, one of the most prominent student activists from the school, tweeted Sunday morning: "How many more kids have to be taken from us as a result of suicide for the government / school district to do anything? Rip 17+2"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 40389.html

Sheriff doesn’t get job back judge rules.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://wsvn.com/news/local/floridas-su ... aels-case/

Florida Supreme Court refuses to hear Sherrif Israel’s case.

Good riddance.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”