FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Paladin
Posts in topic: 27

Re: FL: Active shooter at high school in South Florida

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:15 pm Predicted to be a Hogg Summer with protests planned all across the country.

Tonight Show ( another boycott of mine now ) host Jimmy Fallon gave the commencement speech at Parkland High School this weekend. Hopefully it wasn’t political.
Probably very tough for those parents and the real victims right now.

‘It was my job, and I didn’t find him’: Stoneman Douglas resource officer remains haunted by massacre - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

So if he wasn’t outside waiting for backup as shots were being fired inside and was actively looking inside the school for the shooter. Maybe I owe him an apology. I thought there was video of him waiting outside and not going in the school.
There is video of Scot Peterson waiting outside the building until well after the shooting stopped ABC News article

Scot Peterson has already been established as to have lied about the situation, falsely claiming he acted according to his training.

This thread has far more accurate info that the Washington post article. Too many factual problems in the WP article to address
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 92

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/parkland-sch ... 40211.html

Unarmed monitor who could have radioed in a code red, but didn’t, when he saw the former student, well known as a potential risk, entering the school with a duffle bag.

Previously he sexually harassed one of the girls killed in the attack. He was never fired despite two different girls reporting sexual harassment, and video supporting the girls allegations.

He still works for the district, but now at a different school.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/exclusive ... next-week/

Broward County Sheriff to be removed next week.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Pawpaw »

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:13 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/parkland-sch ... 40211.html

Unarmed monitor who could have radioed in a code red, but didn’t, when he saw the former student, well known as a potential risk, entering the school with a duffle bag.

Previously he sexually harassed one of the girls killed in the attack. He was never fired despite two different girls reporting sexual harassment, and video supporting the girls allegations.

He still works for the district, but now at a different school.
Even after we learn of failure after failure after failure, the dullards on the left will still blame the hardware!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-commi ... 33980.html

Shooter given threat assessment by school and police before shooting.

16 year old Program called a success.

Parents disagreed.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

It is becoming more obvious with each new finding that existing gun laws were not the problem. Law enforcement and leftist policies is where the fault lies. I suppose we all notice the lack of media coverage on the real failures in that case.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/parkland-sho ... 23085.html

Mom was told he should not have a gun. She disagreed.

Visited 114 times by mental health councilors.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:20 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-commi ... 33980.html

Shooter given threat assessment by school and police before shooting.

16 year old Program called a success.

Parents disagreed.
Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said Cruz's behavior and a note he wrote saying "kill" led to the [threat] assessment. He did not give its conclusion.
The coverup continues...
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:00 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/parkland-sho ... 23085.html

Mom was told he should not have a gun. She disagreed.

Visited 114 times by mental health councilors.
“His mother was an enabler, and his mother contributed to this significantly,” said Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri
Agree with the Sheriff on this point. She knew he about his mental issues and that he had threatened to be a school shooter.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Gualtieri said the Promise program was not to blame for the school shooting, according to the Miami Herald. “It would never in any way, shape, form, would’ve affected his ability to buy that AR-15, to buy the shotguns, to buy anything else, to possess them,” he said.
Not following Gualtieri's reasoning on this. The Promise program kept Cruz out of jail for at least 1 of the crimes he committed... maybe it was only a misdemeanor, but wouldn't being in jail "affect his ability to buy that AR-15"? Because to me it sounds like Cruz should have been in jail already.

This unarmed kid was locked up and fought a 5 year court battle for making a horrific joke about school shooting (he plead down two felony charges of making a terroristic threat).

Cruz wasn't joking when he made threats and was armed. No jail. No charges. Sad that there were so many enablers.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-2-par ... 42365.html

Father of two children who survived the Parkland shooting is murdered during a convenience robbery.

If you read he allowed the armed robber to take everything he wanted and the murderer still killed him.

To bad he or his employer didn’t allow him to be armed.

He’d be alive.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Post by C-dub »

That’s just sad. I’m so sorry for that family.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-parkl ... 43928.html

Shooter says demon voices spoke to him.

Also heard this was a good way to act insane and avoid any responsibility for what he did.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 pm https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-parkl ... 43928.html

Shooter says demon voices spoke to him.

Also heard this was a good way to act insane and avoid any responsibility for what he did.
It wouldn't be surprising that he had
Schizophrenia
. Most mass attacks are done my schizophrenics. While not all schizophrenics are violent, and 70% are treatable and can recover... the 30% that are untreatable should not be left to their own devices. Every day in Texas schizophrenics are held medically for 2 or 3 days and then released back to the street. Its bad for schizophrenics and for society.

All the gun bans in the world won't stop untreatably mentally ill people like Thomas Linze Johnson from using a machete to murder.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”