London mayor delcares intense new "knife control" policies to stop the epidemic of stabbings

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

London mayor delcares intense new "knife control" policies to stop the epidemic of stabbings

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29179/lo ... ly-zanotti

Stop and frisk. But wouldn't that be discriminatory if they target certain racial groups, oh I forgot its England, they have no rights.

And here I thought it was the epidemic of acid attacks they should be worried about.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Re: London mayor delcares intense new "knife control" policies to stop the epidemic of stabbings

Post by MaduroBU »

Subjects with rights based upon "traditions" which are only historically linked to the modern government don't have much to fall back upon.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 5

Re: London mayor delcares intense new "knife control" policies to stop the epidemic of stabbings

Post by Grundy1133 »

no gun laws: people are being shot and stabbed
they ban guns: people are STILL being shot and stabbed
guns AND knives banned: can anyone guess what the outcome will be?

are all people everywhere stupid? I thought it was just america but i guess im wrong!
NRA Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Give me 15/30 minutes in my garage and I can make a lethal knife and I'm not especially mechanically inclined.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Abraham wrote:Give me 15/30 minutes in my garage and I can make a lethal knife and I'm not especially mechanically inclined.
ditto. all you really need is a grinder and a belt sander
NRA Member

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Gimme a piece of scrap steel and a concrete floor :).

A cutting or stabbing instrument can literally be made from almost anything. The Texas Prison Museum in Huntsville has many examples of this.

I can't believe governments actually believe banning material objects will reduce crime.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

LeonCarr wrote:Gimme a piece of scrap steel and a concrete floor :).

A cutting or stabbing instrument can literally be made from almost anything. The Texas Prison Museum in Huntsville has many examples of this.

I can't believe governments actually believe banning material objects will reduce crime.

Just my .02,

LeonCarr
I think your 2 cents are on par with most peoples 2 cents that frequent this forum... people who thinking banning an item will make it go away are naive... But then again it worked out so well with meth... i mean you never see junkies on the streets! and it worked so well with weed that its now legal in some states. i think governments KNOW they cant control human nature and so theyre trying to control access to material items which is stupid. case and point = california. high capacity mags are banned there A LOT of guns are banned there.... its full of "sanctuary cities" and "gun free zones" and yet where have a lot of the mass shootings been? california. with the same guns and mags that are supposedly banned in that state.... that alone should be enough evidence that banning something doesnt make it go away.... all banning guns is doing is taking away law abiding citizens ability to defend themselves. I guarantee you if we took away all the armed guards that surround the politicians and replaced them with people with a pocket full of rocks to defend them, they'd definitely change their tune! with govt its "guns for me but not for thee" which if im mistaken is tyranny and the reason the 2nd amendment was written in the first place!
NRA Member

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Clearly knife owners need to dress better.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

Grundy1133 wrote:no gun laws: people are being shot and stabbed

are all people everywhere stupid? I thought it was just america but i guess im wrong!
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

-Benjamin Franklin
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Paladin wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:no gun laws: people are being shot and stabbed

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

-Benjamin Franklin
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
NRA Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

Grundy1133 wrote: "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
:iagree:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Yes, because everyone knows it's the knife's fault and the knife is to blame. SMH :headscratch :banghead: :mad5 :confused5
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

flechero

Post by flechero »

BBYC wrote:Clearly knife owners need to dress better.
Only if they protest in a profanity laced tirade, while antagonizing and telling the Leo's that they are about to get an education. :lol:

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07T5rVqj9Zk
This is youtuber I have watched. He is into historical swords and fighting. Apparently part of the new law says you can't ship knives via the mail to a home. I think he has a sideline business buying and selling swords. Having to go through a store front would screw that up.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “The Crime Blotter”