Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Post Reply

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6976
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#1

Post by philip964 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 am

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsno ... d=4aExqtTC

One reporter’s arsenal is our really only eight hundred rounds of ammunition.

But it is Hawaii.

User avatar

Allons
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1264
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:03 pm
Location: San Antonio

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#2

Post by Allons » Sun May 13, 2018 10:58 am

The last sentence of that article is pretty disturbing: "If he is deemed mentally fit, he COULD get his weapons back. So even if your weapons are confiscated due to investigation and you are determined mentally stable you might not get them back?
Last edited by Allons on Sun May 13, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EDC'S: Dan Wesson CCO, CZ-P07, XDS-45 MOD 2, SCCY CPX-2 , MP Shield-45
Home Defense: Mossberg 930 SPX
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999
Image


earlwb
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:02 am

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#3

Post by earlwb » Sun May 13, 2018 11:20 am

it sure leaves one wondering about that incident. I guess we need to wait and see if any more information comes out about it.

User avatar

JustSomeOldGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 935
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#4

Post by JustSomeOldGuy » Sun May 13, 2018 12:56 pm

A rifle, a shotgun, two handguns and only 800 rounds of ammo? If we were talking about a 3-Gun competitor, we'd say he's "inadequately-prepared", not "he has a large arsenal".
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

User avatar

RPBrown
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4331
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#5

Post by RPBrown » Sun May 13, 2018 3:46 pm

With what he had, we call that a short day at the range
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member
Image


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6976
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#6

Post by philip964 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Remember this made the national news or we wouldn’t know about it.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 973
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#7

Post by crazy2medic » Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 am

800 rds? Lol thats just my 204 supply, add in my 30.06, 223, 6mm.06, 45acp. They'd lose their minds!
Brothers and Sisters I am NEVER leaving Texas!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


apostate
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:01 am

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#8

Post by apostate » Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 am

philip964 wrote:Remember this made the national news or we wouldn’t know about it.
"There was no danger," said Mike Dailey, manager at the hotel.

Who thinks the police and hotel management will apologize to this person, like the Philly police and Starbucks apologized to the two hipsters who didn't buy anything and then refused to leave the cafe?


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#9

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:35 am

Seriously? One AR-15, one shotgun (looks to be a Std Mfg DP-12), and 2 handguns? That is supposed to be an "arsenal"? I have a bigger arsenal in my car most days, especially if I am planning a range trip. I guess I should be worried about the "used car lot" I have at my house with my car, my wife's truck, and cars for each of my two teenaged daughters. Hopefully the government doesn't decide to confiscate my vehicles until I am proven to be "mentally fit".
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 24026
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#10

Post by The Annoyed Man » Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 am

Quoting the article:
The weapons were legally registered to the man, and having them in his room was also legal.
Does Hawaii have gun registration?

Apparently, yes it does: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Hawaii.

It’s amazing how much liberty people are willing to surrender in order to live in the tropics......
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3603
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#11

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:16 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:Quoting the article:
The weapons were legally registered to the man, and having them in his room was also legal.
Does Hawaii have gun registration?

Apparently, yes it does: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Hawaii.

It’s amazing how much liberty people are willing to surrender in order to live in the tropics......
What's really amazing is that we allow states like this to continue being part of the U.S. Absolute blatant disregard for the most fundamental of our civil rights, as American citizens should disqualify a state from claiming membership in the U.S., IMHO.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 24026
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#12

Post by The Annoyed Man » Mon May 14, 2018 11:40 am

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Quoting the article:
The weapons were legally registered to the man, and having them in his room was also legal.
Does Hawaii have gun registration?

Apparently, yes it does: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Hawaii.

It’s amazing how much liberty people are willing to surrender in order to live in the tropics......
What's really amazing is that we allow states like this to continue being part of the U.S. Absolute blatant disregard for the most fundamental of our civil rights, as American citizens should disqualify a state from claiming membership in the U.S., IMHO.
Have you ever known the fedgov’t to give up control over territory once it has claimed it? (See treatment given ranchers on BLM land for modern-day reference....)

National military assets in Hawaii pretty much mean that the fedgov’t is not going to boot Hawaii out of the union simply because it behaves like a banana republic.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4062
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Hawaii: Another man arrested for a good start

#13

Post by bblhd672 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:29 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Quoting the article:
The weapons were legally registered to the man, and having them in his room was also legal.
Does Hawaii have gun registration?

Apparently, yes it does: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Hawaii.

It’s amazing how much liberty people are willing to surrender in order to live in the tropics......
What's really amazing is that we allow states like this to continue being part of the U.S. Absolute blatant disregard for the most fundamental of our civil rights, as American citizens should disqualify a state from claiming membership in the U.S., IMHO.
Have you ever known the fedgov’t to give up control over territory once it has claimed it? (See treatment given ranchers on BLM land for modern-day reference....)

National military assets in Hawaii pretty much mean that the fedgov’t is not going to boot Hawaii out of the union simply because it behaves like a banana republic.
Perhaps Kīlauea volcano will solve the issue....

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”