Brazilian Mom shoots robber

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Interblog
Posts in topic: 2

Brazilian Mom shoots robber

Post by Interblog »

Nice job, although I wish news sites would slow down the video on re-play so that we can better learn from it. It happens so fast.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/14 ... chool.html

Paladin

Re: Brazilian Mom shoots robber

Post by Paladin »

:cheers2:

She did a fantastic job!!!

Shot him to the ground quickly, used cover, and moved the bad guy's gun away after he was down :thumbs2:

Looks like Fox spliced the video so we are missing the part between the bad guy approaching with a gun and the Mom moving into position.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Interblog

Post by Interblog »

Paladin wrote:...
Looks like Fox spliced the video so we are missing the part between the bad guy approaching with a gun and the Mom moving into position.
That's what aggravates me. Let's see the whole video, not chopped up, intact and slowed down, so that her lightning-fast reaction is clearly visible. I tried looking for vids in other news sources, but mostly got much the same mish-mash.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Video and narration on Active Self Protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ebuv-QSeI
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Killadocg23 »

Paladin wrote::cheers2:

She did a fantastic job!!!

Shot him to the ground quickly, used cover, and moved the bad guy's gun away after he was down :thumbs2:

No surprise here. According to the news she is a 20 year veteran of the police force, Kudos to her !

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Viewed it early this morning on FaceBook. One woman commented she was aiming at his shoulder trying not to kill him. LOL I said NO! she was shooting center mass and acted like a police officer. I see a second shot as the car backs up. He's gone to that big jailhouse in the afterlife.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

oljames3 wrote:Video and narration on Active Self Protection.

Thanks! Nice video and breakdown of the gunfight
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

rotor

Post by rotor »

Fox video was not available but I got the sense of it. Brazilians are trying to get the right to own guns. Right now it's the cops and BG's only.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

With it very difficult to legally own a gun. Its only the Bad Guys and the police that can have a gun. Its becoming an issue with the out of control killing in Brazil, hopefully this video will prompt a change in the laws.

If you have a bad guy robbing a group of moms and children near a school in broad daylight, something is seriously wrong with your society.

So here a bad guy decides to rob a group of moms and children, by approaching them with a drawn gun pointed at them. They all try and scatter, he focuses on the one or two women in the center of the group, a woman moving away uses the cover of the other people and his focus on the other women to draw her gun and she shoots him less then five feet away center mass.

She then moves for the cover of the car parked on the street. All just perfect tactics on her side. Bad guy falls to the ground with the gun in his hand.

But then her cover, the car, moves backwards exposing her to the bad guy on the ground still with his gun in his hand. I couldn't believe it, when that happened. But by this time he is dieing, and she is ready to shoot a few more times, but he may drop the gun by this time and she kicks it away.

Wow, it is just perfect on her part. Kudos.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I saw the original footage on FB, and had commented that she did three things wrong (posting did not say WHERE this took place or that she as law enforcement). With the additional info, I only have one reservation. Walking in front of a vehicle that was occupied and with the engine running I see as a tactial error. By that time, perp was on the ground and gun was on pavement oriented on the far side of the street. I think she should have moved down the sidewalk to the perp's feet oriented to the left to keep both the perp and the running car in line of sight. As it is, she nearly got run over when she moved in front of the car to retrieve perp's gun.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Narrated video on Active Self Protection gives a much clearer understanding of the situation.

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “The Crime Blotter”