2 blocks away

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
stever1950
Posts in topic: 3

2 blocks away

Post by stever1950 »

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.c ... -shooting/
And people wonder why I have locks, security cams and...guns.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Allons
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2 blocks away

Post by Allons »

stever1950 wrote:http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.c ... -shooting/
And people wonder why I have locks, security cams and...guns.
:iagree: In this day in age, you need locks, security cams, and guns in order to keep your residence safe. Only someone on the left would leave their house unsecured and when tragedy happens, blame it on the gun and not the criminal.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I guess I'm being dense (and OCD for bringing it up); :oops: what does the thread title, and the comments in the post, have to do with

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.c ... -shooting/ ???

Appears to me to be a complete non-sequitur here. What's 2 blocks from what? How do locks and camera's help in a case of a surprise attack from a family member? Had my coffee, looked at this post on two different days. I still don't get it.....somebody take pity on the senile old guy and 'splain this to me.... :totap:
Thanks! :thumbs2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

2 blocks from my home in a normally quiet neighborhood. Point is, you never know when some moron will twist off and go rampaging through your area. As it was, he pistol whipped his mother and then pointed the gun at police. What if he had decided to run? Then I could have had lead flying through my house......
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

OK, got it. The same as we ALL experience in an uncertain, random world. You never really know who (or what) is living close by......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

Perzackly.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”