NJ: Death in gun free New Jersey

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

NJ: Death in gun free New Jersey

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/lo ... 66011.html

1 dead 20 injured at as gun fire erupts at a Trenton Art Fair of all places.

Officials are investigating possible police involvement is the last sentence of the story?

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NJ: Death in gun free New Jersey

Post by strogg »

Yet another tragedy. What is wrong with people nowadays? I get it, there are more and more people in the world, so the probability of something like this happening goes up, but it shouldn't be this high, should it?

From a facts-of-the-event viewpoint, details will come out as time goes on. Right now, there could be a huge multitude of different things that could have gone on. It'll be pointless for me to speculate until the police gives us more than what we have now.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Oh you see this is all because of lax gun laws in Pennsylvania. We need common sense gun control measures.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Trenton is NJ's Chicago.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

It would be nice if GANG MEMBERS followed laws!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Put 2 rats in a 50 gal terrarium they will coexist with no problem, put 5 rats in the same size terrarium and the will coexist with an occasional scuffle, put ten rats in the same terrarium and fights wlll break out regularly, put 15 rats in the same size terrarium and they will start killing each other! Too many residence in too small an area breeds violence!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

crazy2medic wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:43 pm Put 2 rats in a 50 gal terrarium they will coexist with no problem, put 5 rats in the same size terrarium and the will coexist with an occasional scuffle, put ten rats in the same terrarium and fights wlll break out regularly, put 15 rats in the same size terrarium and they will start killing each other! Too many residence in too small an area breeds violence!
Never thought of this, but perfect example. I’m definitely using this one in the future.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

About 8-10 years ago we had a stop every year in New Jersey. To me the whole area we were in seemed compressed and over crowded. It was right on the border with New York and Pennsylvania. We have the luxury in Texas of spreading out a bit. I always carried concealed, even there but was well aware that if I was forced to defend myself with DF, I was in for a large amount of trouble. Folks there always seemed somewhat afraid of guns, it was as if they thought a gun was going to just hop up and shoot someone. Very different mentality in the Eastern portions of America. They love the whole nanny state thing there like nowhere I have visited. Just my observations anyway.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:49 pm About 8-10 years ago we had a stop every year in New Jersey. To me the whole area we were in seemed compressed and over crowded. It was right on the border with New York and Pennsylvania. We have the luxury in Texas of spreading out a bit. I always carried concealed, even there but was well aware that if I was forced to defend myself with DF, I was in for a large amount of trouble. Folks there always seemed somewhat afraid of guns, it was as if they thought a gun was going to just hop up and shoot someone. Very different mentality in the Eastern portions of America. They love the whole nanny state thing there like nowhere I have visited. Just my observations anyway.
We lived near Wayne, NJ for three years but have been in Texas for 30 years. Even 30 years ago, your observations would have been accurate for those we dealt with there. Northern NJ is especially bad, mostly controlled by organized crime. Those in charge do not want armed resistance and they use the police to enforce their will. My view is that the Port Authority police are by far the worst law enforcement organization in the country because they are accountable to no elected official directly. Their heavy handled approach permeates many of the other local agencies. Many of the citizens don't like that nanny state any more than we do but they are powerless to change anything. Elections are controlled by the unions who are controlled by the organized crime leaders. Newark, in my view, is far worse than Trenton. Camden was a cesspool though I think they might have made some improvements there. Atlantic City is another crime ridden hunk of real estate. Gangs are the root of most of the violence.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

rotor

Post by rotor »

NJ governor thinks we need more gun laws to prevent this kind of violence.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Camden NJ, generally vies for title of most deadly city in the US. Across the river is Philadelphia.

Suppose you work in downtown Philadelphia, I'm sure the traffic is not great, so an enterprising pioneer might think to him or herself, I could buy a neat place across the river in Camden for very little money and make a life for myself there.

I then envisioned earlier pioneers, setting out from the East coast headed West to seek their fortune in the wild West. Now imagine if those early pioneers were not allowed to bring a gun with them to settle the untamed wilderness West of the Mississippi.

So it is with Camden. There are no pioneers willing to move across the river, where only the criminals can have guns.

While in New York, I visited the area around the former World Trade Center. There were a number of construction sites there. At the construction sites, there were usually 3 to 4 Port Authority police officers at the single construction entrance, a security company ran the entrance, complete with metal detectors and those full height bar turnstiles that every workman or visitor went through.

I'm not used to that level of security at a job site, especially in a area that is gun free.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Gang related.
Suspect should have still been in prison.
Convicted felon with a gun released early from prison.
Looks like the Governor of NJ is part of the problem.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06 ... oblem.html
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:16 pm Trenton is NJ's Chicago.
I thought that was Newark.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Allons

Post by Allons »

flowrie wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 am Gang related.
Suspect should have still been in prison.
Convicted felon with a gun released early from prison.
Looks like the Governor of NJ is part of the problem.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06 ... oblem.html
:iagree: Parole for homicide in his early thirties. Did he go in as a teenager?
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Seems the real issue here is criminals but libtards will immediately blame the tool they use and conveniently forget that criminals by the very description could not give a crap about laws forbidding gun ownership.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”