Explosion at London tube station - Breaking

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Explosion at London tube station - Breaking

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... -emergency

Suspicious package report, then explosion reported.

This comes after this report that 1000 people have been injured or killed in Europe in the last 3 years due to terrorist attacks. Most in Germany. Many by refugees.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... -refugees/

Keith B

Re: Explosion at London tube station - Breaking

Post by Keith B »

They are now saying it appears to be non-terror related. Believe a battery short-circuited and exploded.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

Keith B wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:38 pm They are now saying it appears to be non-terror related. Believe a battery short-circuited and exploded.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Have a friend who owns a data center and has had several instances of AGM cells in thermal runaway recently. I think poor manufacturing of the cells and chargers are contributing to an increase in this issue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_runaway#Batteries
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ELB

Post by ELB »

Time will tell I suppose.

For some reason this reminds me of when I had a job as a gofer for a construction company.

One day I was at the boss's house, sitting outside behind his garage eating my lunch. I was behind the garage because the boss was on the other side (front) welding on something. A few days prior there was an incident where a local guy was cutting the head out of a 55gal drum and ignited whatever leftover fumes were in the barrel, causing an explosion and killing him as a result, so that was in the back of our minds.

While we were both busy with our tasks, the widget that acts as a fuse on a nearby power pole suddenly did its job and separated. When it did so, it went with a really loud BANG!

The boss and I nearly killed each other when we met at the corner of the garage, each running full tilt to check on the other.
USAF 1982-2005

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

You will have to excuse me if I don't believe the battery fairy tale for one second. The government in London is working overtime to pretend Islamic terrorism does not exist.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... vacuation/

They arrested someone for having a faulty battery? Oh and not terror related.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said the explosion had been "confirmed as non-suspicious" and praised the emergency services "for a swift and professional response". Londoners now feel safe.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:26 am https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... vacuation/

They arrested someone for having a faulty battery? Oh and not terror related.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said the explosion had been "confirmed as non-suspicious" and praised the emergency services "for a swift and professional response". Londoners now feel safe.
Police said the arrested man, from Enfield, was detained "on suspicion of doing an act likely to cause an explosion to injure or damage property, and endangering safety on the railway."
They added: "The incident, which left five people with minor injuries, is believed to have been caused by a faulty drill battery."
Nothing to see here. The UK will go out of their way not to call it terrorism. No description of the suspect and I guess since terrorism has been ruled out, carrying a drill battery on the subway is an everyday occurrence.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

They said the man detained was from Enfield (Yes the same place where the rifle was created) there also happens to be a fairly large Mosque in that borough.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"You will have to excuse me if I don't believe the battery fairy tale for one second."

This!

Next they'll be riding camels through the streets and declare them: HORSES!

The mayor of london will agree...right after he exits his tent.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”