TX: Deadly shooting in a gun free Houston bar

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Deadly shooting in a gun free Houston bar

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/shoo ... ves-1-dead

The deadly shooting occurred at a Sports Bar during the Mexico World Cup game.

Gun free victim zone strikes again.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 4

Re: TX: Deadly shooting in a gun free Houston bar

Post by OneGun »

While bars are gun free zones, alcohol and guns do not mix. I hope the police catch this shooter.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

umm, yeah, bar/pool hall (a 51% location in TABC) at 4:30am on Sunday morning. Since only one guy got shot out of +-30 present with multiple rounds fired, sounds like it was something personal.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I guess some folks take their soccer pretty seriously.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Sports? Meh.

I guess I'm an outlier here with regard to being a sports fan.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Well, the only “common sense” thing to do is ban all guns while watching ALL sports! :biggrinjester:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

TreyHouston wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:16 pm Well, the only “common sense” thing to do is ban all guns while watching ALL sports! :biggrinjester:
Just ban DWS, Drinking While Shooting.

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Ban Professional Sports

It's for the children!
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 3

Post by E.Marquez »

OneGun wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:57 pm While bars are gun free zones, alcohol and guns do not mix. I hope the police catch this shooter.
Your not wrong :tiphat:
But the underlying implication is also "bars and guns do not mix" If that was not intended, my apologies for the assumption...

To which I respond, :banghead: Why is that? Im no more or less a danger to myself or others no matter what building I go in to.
Like many, Im perfectly capable of choosing when not to consume alcohol..I can do it at home, while driving and in a building, be it courthouse, auto parts store or a bar Im throwing a few rounds of darts in.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

E.Marquez wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:41 am
OneGun wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:57 pm While bars are gun free zones, alcohol and guns do not mix. I hope the police catch this shooter.
But the underlying implication is also "bars and guns do not mix" If that was not intended, my apologies for the assumption...

To which I respond, :banghead: Why is that? Im no more or less a danger to myself or others no matter what building I go in to.
Like many, Im perfectly capable of choosing when not to consume alcohol..I can do it at home, while driving and in a building, be it courthouse, auto parts store or a bar Im throwing a few rounds of darts in.
My intent with my post was that you can drink alcohol and you can shoot guns, but never both at the same time. Which was the point of my second post (#7). Alcohol and guns do not mix, ever! You're right that you can walk into any building and choose to drink alcohol or not. If I am carrying, I do not drink alcohol. I'm perfectly content with Ice Tea and/or water.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

OneGun wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:05 pm

My intent with my post was that you can drink alcohol and you can shoot guns, but never both at the same time. Which was the point of my second post (#7).
Legally not necessarily true. Becoming intoxicated while in possession of a gun or shooting is the actual legal issue.

Whether or not it's advisable or wise is another question.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

At the risk of getting the old drinking vs drunk debate going again, is having a beer or two with dinner(or wine), reason to disarm yourself?

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:11 pm

My intent with my post was that you can drink alcohol and you can shoot guns, but never both at the same time. Which was the point of my second post (#7).
Legally not necessarily true. Becoming intoxicated while in possession of a gun or shooting is the actual legal issue.

Whether or not it's advisable or wise is another question.
In all fairness, I was not talking about legally. I was talking about being responsible.

cherokeepilot

Post by cherokeepilot »

Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors — and miss.......73s
73s
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 3

Post by E.Marquez »

E.Marquez wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:41 am

My intent with my post was that you can drink alcohol and you can shoot guns, but never both at the same time. Which was the point of my second post (#7). Alcohol and guns do not mix, ever! You're right that you can walk into any building and choose to drink alcohol or not. If I am carrying, I do not drink alcohol. I'm perfectly content with Ice Tea and/or water.
In total agreement then, I misread your intent and meaning of your post. :tiphat:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Return to “The Crime Blotter”