Dallas Costco Robbed Today

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#1

Post by Bitter Clinger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Armed robbers smashed the glass of a Dallas Costco jewelry counter and took an undetermined amount of merchandise Sunday afternoon, police say.

The incident happened just after 3 p.m. when three people entered the Costco Wholesale in the 8000 block of Churchill Way, according to the Dallas Police Department.

One person was carrying a pickaxe, while another had a handgun, police said.

Police said the people smashed a jewelry counter and took some of the jewelry inside, before they fled in a vehicle.
There were no reported injuries, according to police.

Dallas police said they are looking for four black males in connection to the robbery.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dalla ... 64901.html
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1201
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#2

Post by Lynyrd » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7244
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#3

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Lynyrd wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
:iagree: If they are leaving, let them leave. No point in risking your own life or somebody else over Costco money.
In my home, one is allowed to spit on the floor in any situation where they are forced to say the word, Obama.
NRA-Endowment Member
http://www.planoair.com
http://www.planoairconditioningandheating.com


dlh
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#4

Post by dlh » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:34 pm

All of this bound to be caught on store surveillance video---out in the parking lot too. Wonder if they will release it to the public.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#5

Post by Bitter Clinger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:04 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:25 pm
Lynyrd wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
:iagree: If they are leaving, let them leave. No point in risking your own life or somebody else over Costco money.
Yep. Lots of innocent bystanders, plenty of vehicles in the lot, and 4 suspects. Not a good tactical situation.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#6

Post by OneGun » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Lynyrd wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
Just to play devils advocate for a second. What if the bad guy with the gun points his gun at you? What if he also makes a verbal threat to you?

I am not a police officer and I don't feel the need to be one. But, speaking as one whose family member was murdered in a similar situation, I always wonder if he had a firearm, would he still be here today if he could have defended himself?

I don't know if there is a perfectly correct answer or one can simply say, I would not draw. I think it depends on the threat level.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#7

Post by warnmar10 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Lynyrd wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
If you're in Costco you left your sidearm in the car, right?

User avatar

Topic author
Bitter Clinger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2161
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: North Dallas

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#8

Post by Bitter Clinger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:57 pm

warnmar10 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:38 pm
Lynyrd wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
If you're in Costco you left your sidearm in the car, right?
No. Costco is posted 30.07, not 30.06. The Costco website states that "Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers." To my understanding, that statement would not legally bind LTC holders.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח


extremist
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:14 pm
Location: Keller, TX
Contact:

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#9

Post by extremist » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:59 pm

Not all Costcos are posted. Southlake and Alliance have no signs.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, TSRA Member
Past-President http://www.ctidpa.com IDPA CSO, ESP/SSP/CCP/CDP-EX, REV/BUG-SS; USPSA CRO
Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Range Safety Officer

User avatar

Lena
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:51 pm
Location: Cash Texas

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#10

Post by Lena » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 pm

check the fine print when you joined and signed it
Stay Safe

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6206
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#11

Post by Pawpaw » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:35 pm

Lena wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:20 pm
check the fine print when you joined and signed it
That doesn't make it illegal. It just means they can revoke your membership.

I'll take that gamble.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7054
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#12

Post by philip964 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:35 pm

dlh wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:34 pm
All of this bound to be caught on store surveillance video---out in the parking lot too. Wonder if they will release it to the public.
Not necessarily the video was working. Guns are prohibited, they called the police on this legal concealed carrier.

viewtopic.php?t=36107

This is from 2010. Haven’t forgiven them yet.

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1201
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#13

Post by Lynyrd » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am

warnmar10 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:38 pm
Lynyrd wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
If you're in Costco you left your sidearm in the car, right?
Never been in a Costco. Don't know what their policy is. My statement was in general about such situations.
Do what you say you're gonna do.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7054
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#14

Post by philip964 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 am

Lynyrd wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am
warnmar10 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:38 pm
Lynyrd wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
If you're in Costco you left your sidearm in the car, right?
Never been in a Costco. Don't know what their policy is. My statement was in general about such situations.
In my opinion their policy is, if they notice your concealed gun, they will tell you to leave, if you go all 2nd amendment on them and say there isn't a sign prohibiting licensed concealed carry, they will call the police and tell them. "THERE IS A MAN IN OUR STORE WITH A GUN, PLEASE HURRY". After your dead, their video wasn't working that day.

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: Dallas Costco Robbed Today

#15

Post by warnmar10 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 am

Lynyrd wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:16 am
warnmar10 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:38 pm
Lynyrd wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 pm
Not a reason to draw your sidearm. Although despicable behavior, and repulsive.
If you're in Costco you left your sidearm in the car, right?
Never been in a Costco. Don't know what their policy is. My statement was in general about such situations.
If I had been there and had forgotten to disarm before entering and assuming I was in reasonable proximity of the actual activity I'm pretty sure I would draw my sidearm and take a defensive position if at all possible.

Would I fire on the teens? I seriously doubt it. But, I would have the gun toting teen in my sights, again, if at all possible.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”