TX: 3 Houston women murdered in less than 24 hours, possible serial killer

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

dlh
Posts in topic: 3

Re: TX: 3 Houston women murdered in less than 24 hours, possible serial killer

Post by dlh »

Looks like a no-brainer for the death penalty.

This thug caused incalculable pain and misery to his victims and their families. Don't forget what he is going to cost Harris County tax-payers in indigent defense costs for his trial and lengthy appeals.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

dlh
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dlh »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/jose ... nce-arrest

He is arranged.
2,500 open felony warrants for parole violations in Harris County? Wow---wonder how many total warrants there are if you throw in grand jury actions and other legal proceedings?...

I know Houston is a big city but still---if I lived in Houston I would certainly be worried about crime.

I could be wrong but when you typed "arranged" I think you meant "arraigned." ;-)
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

dlh wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 am
philip964 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/jose ... nce-arrest

He is arranged.
2,500 open felony warrants for parole violations in Harris County? Wow---wonder how many total warrants there are if you throw in grand jury actions and other legal proceedings?...

I know Houston is a big city but still---if I lived in Houston I would certainly be worried about crime.

I could be wrong but when you typed "arranged" I think you meant "arraigned." ;-)
No I actually meant he had been put in the right place in a neat and attractive order. But yeah arraigned worked too.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

According to my local paper, the BG had a gps monitor that was removed and the probation people do not have arrest capability and the police do not go after someone when a signal from the device goes off. So, apparently unless they pick the guy up on a routine stop nothing is done for these perps wearing ankle bracelets. Had some action been done the shooting victims might be alive. Apparently 1200 people in Texas are wearing these ankle things. The real problem of course is that the BG should never been out of prison.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

dlh wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 am ...2,500 open felony warrants for parole violations in Harris County? Wow---wonder how many total warrants there are if you throw in grand jury actions and other legal proceedings?...

From comments I've heard from police officers, sheriff's office and police stations have a large number of warrants for lower priority offenses that will never be acted on unless the subject of the warrant is encountered for another reason, like a traffic stop.

Years ago I had a distant relative by marriage who was a drunk, had lost his license and had numerous warrants in several counties for driving w/o license, DUI, failure to appear and the like. This was in the old days when everything was on paper, so it was not easy for one county to access another's warrants, but heck, they didn't even bother with their own. I know in some cases other family members called the county sheriff's office and told them this individual was in the county living at his mom's and driving her car, but the SO had no interest in picking him up solely because there were outstanding warrants. This was in Indiana, but I suspect it's similar across the country.

Maybe LEOs on here can chime in, but doesn't appear that this has changed much over the years.
USAF 1982-2005

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ninjabread »

dlh wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 am

He is arranged.

Too bad one of his victims didn't rearrange his face with a JHP or two.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”