AMAZING! Las Vegas shootout while driving

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

AMAZING! Las Vegas shootout while driving

Post by TreyHouston »

Thats some fancy shooting!!! But he got em! We need more brave LEOs like him!

“In bodycam footage so stunning it could be mistaken for a Hollywood action flick, a Las Vegas Metro police officer chasing two men in an SUV is seen speeding through Sin City's downtown while simultaneously shooting out his car's front windshield and trading shots from his side window during a deadly gun battle.”

Wild video shows Las Vegas police pursuit, shootout with suspects

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/17/wi ... pects.html

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: AMAZING! Las Vegas shootout while driving

Post by WTR »

I have a large problem with the Officer not breaking off pursuit and putting the general public at risk of a stay bullet from the perps. The situation is made all the worse when the Officer fires from a moving vehicle and sends bullets who knows where. Show very little concern for safety of innocent bystanders.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

I commented on facebook on the ABC version of the clip that was edited down to remove all the shots from the suspects, the officer's requests for air support (which was not readily available) and the length of the chase. His options were between letting the murder suspects get away (which would eventually lead to a very dangerous SWAT raid) or returning fire. Considering how quickly the chase ended after he returned fire, I would say he made the right decision--But the point is that the decision is not ours to make and not ours to armchair quarterback.

He made a difficult (and brave) decision in the moment and survived. I have no issues with that.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Awesome work by the cop. I bet his ears will ring for quite some time.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 pm I bet his ears will ring for quite some time.
Exactly!

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I'm just glad those two murder suspects wont be murdering any others. Ever. No telling how many other victims in there life time of crime.

Allons

Post by Allons »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 pm I'm just glad those two murder suspects wont be murdering any others. Ever. No telling how many other victims in there life time of crime.
:iagree:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

I have no problem with the officer firing out his open side window at a close target, putting rounds into the suspects vehicle. I do have a problem with the shots through the windshield. The deflection of the bullet by the windshield is unknown, so you have no idea where the bullets are really going.
Just my 2 cents.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Just watched this & was amazed he decided to fire . . . while driving . . . and thru his windshield.

The thing that struck me was him getting out of his cruiser with an empty mag & you watch his fine motor skills deteriorate as he attempts to reload.

It's hard to argue with the results, but after he calls off his colleague for being too close, he ends up WAY closer and on an empty mag. YIKES.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I am not sure arm-chair quarterbacking is fair. It is easy from the comfort of our homes to decide what the police officer should or could have done. What I know is those BGs were shooting at the cop during a chase. I do not think the cops can simply let the BGs go because then every BG will shoot at the cops to escape.

I do not know the area where the officer shot through the windshield. I do not know what was beyond the BGs should the cop miss.

We do know that the BGs can not do this again. A complete AAR is needed to evaluate all of the facts and circumstances of this incident before judgment can be passed.

I thankful the good guys are ok and the BGs are not.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

It appears they need a PTT switch on the steering wheel so they can maintain better control and still communicate.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

LDB415 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 am It appears they need a PTT switch on the steering wheel so they can maintain better control and still communicate.
After seeing this I was shocked that hasn't been a thing yet. My truck has no problem with a mic in the roof for me to talk. They should modify the phone systems in vehicles now to be PTT on the radio; it was scary how much he had to juggle. Almost lost it at the beginning of the video...

ETA: I need to point out that this is post 1911 for me. I think it may be a sign...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Nunez and Miranda both have a lengthy criminal past. Nunez has been convicted three times and also has been arrested on robbery with a deadly weapon, robbery and grand larceny auto charges.

Miranda had previously been convicted of conspiracy to commit robbery and arrested for robbery, kidnapping, grand larceny auto, prohibited person in possession of a firearm and narcotics.

Nunez, who was also wounded, was arrested and is facing several felony charges, including murder...The suspects traded more than 60 shots with police during the harrowing pursuit.
That body cam footage is a stark reminder of the horrible monsters that roam our streets and the bravery required to bring them to justice.

Horrible situation, but the cop did what he had to do in this situation. The bad guys created the situation, the cop finished it and got them off the street before they could kill anyone else.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

flechero

Post by flechero »

WTR wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 pm I have a large problem with the Officer not breaking off pursuit and putting the general public at risk of a stay bullet from the perps. The situation is made all the worse when the Officer fires from a moving vehicle and sends bullets who knows where. Show very little concern for safety of innocent bystanders.
This is a case of you could argue several points either direction but in the case of 2 murder suspects shooting at police, this is the time that you have to stop them... breaking off here assures the public is in further danger.

Besides, that would send a huge message to all violent criminals (with little to lose) that shooting up the public is a free pas out of there.

If nothing else, it makes the case for a partner, a sunroof and a patrol rifle! :tiphat:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”