CA: breaking Gunman at Trader Joe’s LA

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

CA: breaking Gunman at Trader Joe’s LA

Post by philip964 »

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CA: breaking Gunman at Trader Joe’s LA

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07 ... ader-joes/

Shooter is allegedly in his late teens, shot his grandmother, took police on a chase and is holding 20-30 hostages.

Still very early this could all change
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Appears a hostage was killed inside Trader Joe’s according to Fox News.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Trader Joe's employee, who died in hostage situation, killed by LAPD gunfire, chief says

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/24/tr ... -says.html
A bullet fired by the LAPD killed the Trader Joe’s employee who died during a hostage situation during the weekend, Chief Michael Moore said Tuesday at a news conference.

Ballistics tests show that a Los Angeles police officer fired the shot that struck and killed Melyda Corado, 27, during a shootout with an alleged hostage taker at the Silver Lake supermarket Saturday, Moore said.

Gene Evin Atkins, 28, was arrested on suspicion of murder after Corado died during the more than two-hour hostage situation before Moore revealed it was officer gunfire that killed Corado.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:02 pm Trader Joe's employee, who died in hostage situation, killed by LAPD gunfire, chief says

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/24/tr ... -says.html
A bullet fired by the LAPD killed the Trader Joe’s employee who died during a hostage situation during the weekend, Chief Michael Moore said Tuesday at a news conference.

Ballistics tests show that a Los Angeles police officer fired the shot that struck and killed Melyda Corado, 27, during a shootout with an alleged hostage taker at the Silver Lake supermarket Saturday, Moore said.

Gene Evin Atkins, 28, was arrested on suspicion of murder after Corado died during the more than two-hour hostage situation before Moore revealed it was officer gunfire that killed Corado.
Very sad to learn. I am however, pleased that the LAPD was honest and forthcoming in their tests. I’m not sure every Department is that forthcoming.

Prayers for her family.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I saw an alert earlier about the woman being killed by a round from one of the LAPD guys. Very very sad indeed. I also feel bad for the officer since I'm sure she wasn't his intended target and her death was accidental.

No doubt, they will charge Atkins with her death somehow. However, I'm also wondering if there will be any repercussions for the officer that fired the shot.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

C-dub wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:00 pm I saw an alert earlier about the woman being killed by a round from one of the LAPD guys. Very very sad indeed. I also feel bad for the officer since I'm sure she wasn't his intended target and her death was accidental.

No doubt, they will charge Atkins with her death somehow. However, I'm also wondering if there will be any repercussions for the officer that fired the shot.
Are CA police weapons to be fitted with microstamping measures or is that only for the hoi polloi?

Return to “The Crime Blotter”