TX: Trooper vs BG shootout

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

TX: Trooper vs BG shootout

Post by ELB »

This happened more or less in my neighborhood back in Feb. It started close to where I work in Guadalupe County and proceeded westbound on I10 to Bexar County.

The helicopter has a really good camera. Trooper wounded right arm, can see tourniquet on it (looks like he might have initiated self-application). Later recovered. Bad guy shot (abdomen I think), died next day.

Also with story

https://www.ksat.com/news/watch-dramati ... er-suspect
USAF 1982-2005

Chaparral
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Trooper vs BG shootout

Post by Chaparral »

Glad the trooper was OK. Looks like a second trooper with an AR neutralized the threat pretty quickly.

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

One observation I noticed from watching the video...Montelongo is shooting from a Quasi-FBI Crouch, Isosceles Stance, behind cover/concealment.

IMO that is not the first time he has shot a handgun.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Last edited by LeonCarr on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

Moving on the car when the bad guy was barricaded was an interesting choice. Nice to see DPS with some good tech for their aviation unit. Sweet how the camera locked on to the target and stayed slaved to it for the flight to the hospital. All they need is a guided 'less lethal' air launched missile. Put an end to those car chases real quick.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Scott B. wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:55 pm Moving on the car when the bad guy was barricaded was an interesting choice. Nice to see DPS with some good tech for their aviation unit. Sweet how the camera locked on to the target and stayed slaved to it for the flight to the hospital. All they need is a guided 'less lethal' air launched missile. Put an end to those car chases real quick.
You mean something like this???? :D

flechero

Post by flechero »

LeonCarr wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 pm One observation I noticed from watching the video...Montelongo is shooting from a Quasi-FBI Crouch, Isosceles Stance, behind cover/concealment.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
I agree, and he came up quick and got a hit... I doubt it was pure luck.

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:05 pm
Scott B. wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:55 pm Moving on the car when the bad guy was barricaded was an interesting choice. Nice to see DPS with some good tech for their aviation unit. Sweet how the camera locked on to the target and stayed slaved to it for the flight to the hospital. All they need is a guided 'less lethal' air launched missile. Put an end to those car chases real quick.
An inert small diameter bomb is a good start. I would also accept a crowbar from near earth orbit or a small radius EMP shot :coolgleamA:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

Scott B. wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:55 pm .. Sweet how the camera locked on to the target and stayed slaved to it for the flight to the hospital. ...
I figured it that's just the stowed position (pointing straight aft and parallel to the fuselage in a protected position) but the crew did not turn off the camera.
Last edited by ELB on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

LeonCarr wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 pm One observation I noticed from watching the video...Montelongo is shooting from a Quasi-FBI Crouch, Isosceles Stance, behind cover/concealment.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
I googled around on - he has prior criminal history, but nothing violent that shows up online: burglary of a habitation, speeding, failure to maintain financial responsibility, unauthorized use of a vehicle. Didn't find any other news on him.
USAF 1982-2005

apostate

Post by apostate »

Last edited by apostate on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Scott B. wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 pm
PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:05 pm
An inert small diameter bomb is a good start. I would also accept a crowbar from near earth orbit or a small radius EMP shot :coolgleamA:
I believe there was a report of a small anvil labeled ACME found in the area.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “The Crime Blotter”