IL: Meet Harvey Wallbanger, 15 (soon to be 16) time felon

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

IL: Meet Harvey Wallbanger, 15 (soon to be 16) time felon

Post by ELB »

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2018/11/15-ti ... -with.html
When the sergeant intervened in the robbery, Brown allegedly said: “I ain’t going down like this!” Brown then turned around, ran a few steps, collided with a wall and fell to the ground, the sergeant reported. As Brown was lying on the ground, he began to take items out of his jacket pocket, including a pay stub, a Ventra card, and an LG phone, all of which belonged to the 50-year-old robbery victim, police said.
Brown was charged with felony robbery and the judge set bail at $10,000. He was on parole from a previous conviction for a robbery (which was prosecuted as unlawful restraint) he committed in almost the same spot he Harvey-Wall-Banged himself.

The article lists all the felony convictions and sentences that the reporter could find in state records, which if my math is correct adds up to 52.5 years of prison time since 1992.

ETA: I see I forgot to note that this is in Chicago.
USAF 1982-2005

Allons

Re: IL: Meet Harvey Wallbanger, 15 (soon to be 16) time felon

Post by Allons »

This is exactly why there is so much crime in Chicago, no one does the time that they are sentenced. Then a judge gives a 16-time felon 10,000 dollars bail, and to top that off no parole violations filed yet. Looks like they are in a hurry to get this guy back out on the street so he can commit another crime. Sooner or later those robberies will turn violent and someone will get killed and maybe just maybe they will lock this animal up for the rest of his life. I hate to say it, but I hope this guy runs into someone with a concealed permit this will probably be the only way he is stopped.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Abraham

Re: IL: Meet Harvey Wallbanger, 15 (soon to be 16) time felon

Post by Abraham »

$10,000 bail.

He'll just steal it to pay back for whoever pays it for him to get out and he'll keep up his criminal life until it's stopped...

Return to “The Crime Blotter”