California bar shooting leaves 12 dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: California bar shooting leaves 12 dead

Post by ScottDLS »

ELB wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:32 am Wouldn’t be surprised if the Sheriffs department has a rule no carrying guns while you’re drinking regardless of amount, and these guys were out for a good time, so nobody was armed.
Maybe it would be simpler to just have a rule no drinking ever...then no one would have to go unarmed. Or maybe a ban on drinking...a la 18th amendment... :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

I'm curious if a whole boatload of cal. residents actually bought firearms in response to the bar shooting, given cal. tough anti-gun laws.

Where would they quickly buy firearms in the legitimate market?

Maybe they did and maybe we simply hope they did wake up and smelled the (crazy predator) coffee, but I have my doubts...

Can anyone verify this firearm buying response?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Abraham wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:35 pm I'm curious if a whole boatload of cal. residents actually bought firearms in response to the bar shooting, given cal. tough anti-gun laws.

Where would they quickly buy firearms in the legitimate market?

Maybe they did and maybe we simply hope they did wake up and smelled the (crazy predator) coffee, but I have my doubts...

Can anyone verify this firearm buying response?
They did: https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 0#p1229208
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Pawpaw,

Thanks.

I recall reading that, but didn't consider it enough information to think the number verified (1000 californians) bought firearms.

I hope they did.

My guess, if this is so, those are the few Conservatives in that area that finally got off the fence of thinking "what will my commie neighbor think of me (if they get wind of my purchase) if I get a firearm for self defense".

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

I really don't understand the logic behind the no guns in a bar situation. If you have a LTC and are trusted to not drink and carry why would you not be trusted to go into a bar with friends and have a non-alcoholic beverage or be in a restaurant-bar situation for a nice meal? After all, if you were going to use alcohol you could use it any time anyway. Can LEO go into a bar and not drink? Of course logic and legislation don't always go together and to be honest, I am a non-drinker but I would go to a bar with friends and carry if I could without using alcohol. Same for concealed carry at a voting booth. Why would a LTC carrier all of a sudden be a danger at a voting booth? How many people ever get to be near an execution?

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Rob72 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 am [
The only way any "Major Criminal" should be referred to is by some demeaning pejorative. Do not mention his rank, or any (unlikely) awards he may have received. Minimize, marginalize, and dehumanize these offenders, and they cease to be heroes and sources of inspiration.
No mention, EVER, of his name, family, background, etc. .
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Rob72 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 am
rotor wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:21 pm I really don't understand the logic behind the no guns in a bar situation. If you have a LTC and are trusted to not drink and carry why would you not be trusted to go into a bar with friends and have a non-alcoholic beverage or be in a restaurant-bar situation for a nice meal? After all, if you were going to use alcohol you could use it any time anyway. Can LEO go into a bar and not drink? Of course logic and legislation don't always go together and to be honest, I am a non-drinker but I would go to a bar with friends and carry if I could without using alcohol. Same for concealed carry at a voting booth. Why would a LTC carrier all of a sudden be a danger at a voting booth? How many people ever get to be near an execution?
The Rule of Stupids: Avoid Stupid People, meeting in Stupid Places, doing Stupid Things. Bars inherently have all of those components. A, "trusted friend," may yell, "Back off! My buddy's got a GUN!", with a couple or three under his belt. The aggressor may decide to prove he can handle the guy with a gun, under some liquid courage. Bars, polls, governmental offices, schools, etc., etc., are all places where emotions run very high, at times. Bear in mind that in all but the wildest communities, throughout history, weapons have generally been disallowed at those locations. ;-)

If we disallow carry everywhere, emotions, have run high, in the past, we will never allow carry anywhere. Emotions run high, in homes, at work, at bus stops, in banks, parking lots, grocery stores, basically, anywhere, people go, there have been emotional outbursts, sometimes becoming violent. I carry everywhere, I legally can, so that I can protect me and mine, from those who are not in control of their emotions. Disallowing carry, for fear, that someone, may lose control, is exactly, the reason the left, has chipped away at our rights. Every time someone loses control, the left wants to blame everything, besides, the person responsible. They want to blame the gun, the location, the alcohol, the trauma, the criminal experienced, news stories, ideology, lunar cycles, evil spirits, or anything else they can concoct.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Rob72 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 am
rotor wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:21 pm I really don't understand the logic behind the no guns in a bar situation. If you have a LTC and are trusted to not drink and carry why would you not be trusted to go into a bar with friends and have a non-alcoholic beverage or be in a restaurant-bar situation for a nice meal? After all, if you were going to use alcohol you could use it any time anyway. Can LEO go into a bar and not drink? Of course logic and legislation don't always go together and to be honest, I am a non-drinker but I would go to a bar with friends and carry if I could without using alcohol. Same for concealed carry at a voting booth. Why would a LTC carrier all of a sudden be a danger at a voting booth? How many people ever get to be near an execution?
The Rule of Stupids: Avoid Stupid People, meeting in Stupid Places, doing Stupid Things. Bars inherently have all of those components. A, "trusted friend," may yell, "Back off! My buddy's got a GUN!", with a couple or three under his belt. The aggressor may decide to prove he can handle the guy with a gun, under some liquid courage. Bars, polls, governmental offices, schools, etc., etc., are all places where emotions run very high, at times. Bear in mind that in all but the wildest communities, throughout history, weapons have generally been disallowed at those locations. ;-)
If you are not allowed to speak politics or wear political material at a polling site, how exactly are emotions supposed to run high?...

Its only a matter of time until someone sees that (very) soft target and wants national fame. :mad5

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Ruark wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:27 pm On the other hand, 7 years of combat duty splattering people to pieces (he was a Marine machine gunner) can do strange things to you.....
Except he never spent 7 years in combat, never mind "splattering people to pieces" he deployed ONCE Nov. 16, 2010 to June 14, 2011. in a typical "short" tour Marine Corps does.

And regardless of what folks at the VFW tell on a Friday night, while some may have seen "significant" fighting it is not 24/7 months long engagements of WWII

Of course we have people hearing a rocket drop someplace on a compound claiming (and being awarded) PTSD claim so the Claim of PTSD really is not telling at all. It could be real, or it could be the very common fraud that is the current version of the older "unspecified back pain" from yesteryears vets fraud claims.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If there were no guns then this lunatic wouldn't have shot anyone, so just get rid of all guns.

If there were no trees then we wouldn't have people burning to death right now in wildfires, so just get rid of all trees.

We need common sense deforestation laws NOW!

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Ruark wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:27 pm Except he never spent 7 years in combat, never mind "splattering people to pieces" he deployed ONCE Nov. 16, 2010 to June 14, 2011. in a typical "short" tour Marine Corps does.
Sorry, my bad. I read that somewhere - a "machine gunner with 7 tours in Afghanistan." Thanks.
-Ruark

philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

From reports I have read his Coach was afraid of him and was discouraged from reporting him for fear it would ruin his chance of being accepted into the Marines.

So he was a nut case before he went into the Marines. They probably figured it out once he was in. PTSD became a good excuse for someone who was functional, but still nuts.

Not sure how to stop these people from getting guns and making their coming out event, not fatal.

Ending gun free zones would help. But with the changes in congress we can kiss that goodby. Now it will be just holding on to what we have.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Ruark wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:11 pm
Ruark wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:27 pm Except he never spent 7 years in combat, never mind "splattering people to pieces" he deployed ONCE Nov. 16, 2010 to June 14, 2011. in a typical "short" tour Marine Corps does.
Sorry, my bad. I read that somewhere - a "machine gunner with 7 tours in Afghanistan." Thanks.
No worries it was how the story was written
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Jusme wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:06 am If we disallow carry everywhere, emotions, have run high, in the past, we will never allow carry anywhere. Emotions run high, in homes, at work, at bus stops, in banks, parking lots, grocery stores, basically, anywhere, people go, there have been emotional outbursts, sometimes becoming violent. I carry everywhere, I legally can, so that I can protect me and mine, from those who are not in control of their emotions. Disallowing carry, for fear, that someone, may lose control, is exactly, the reason the left, has chipped away at our rights. Every time someone loses control, the left wants to blame everything, besides, the person responsible. They want to blame the gun, the location, the alcohol, the trauma, the criminal experienced, news stories, ideology, lunar cycles, evil spirits, or anything else they can concoct.
Don't forget "climate change". :waiting:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “The Crime Blotter”