Texas Judge Releases Nearly All Defendants After Losing Re-Election

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Texas Judge Releases Nearly All Defendants After Losing Re-Election

Post by The Annoyed Man »

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2018/1 ... -election/
HOUSTON, Texas — A Texas juvenile court judge defeated in the wave that swept all Republicans from Harris County local and state courts reportedly released nearly all of the defendants who appeared before him on the day after the election.

“He was releasing everybody,” public defender Steven Halpert told the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday. The public defender said he believed the judge thought “that’s what the voters wanted.”

Judge Glenn Devlin, who presides over the 313th District Court, shocked most people in his courtroom on Wednesday morning when he released nearly every youthful defendant after asking one question — are you planning to kill anyone? The Houston newspaper reported that if they answered no, they were released, regardless of the charged offense.
That’ll show ‘em! :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

pushpullpete

Re: Texas Judge Releases Nearly All Defendants After Losing Re-Election

Post by pushpullpete »

Sad story. I don't know the man/judge, only read the article you linked. This sounds/reads like the very
definition of a spoiled, entitled child.

:txflag: :patriot:

philbo
Banned

Post by philbo »

While many good/experienced judges were swept out of office in the election Tuesday, some definitely needed to go.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

The public defender said he believed the judge thought “that’s what the voters wanted.”
Well, I see where he's going with that. The Democrat Party always says our justice system is terrible and incarcerates too many youthful offenders. The voters in Harris County voted out Republicans and replaced them with Democrats. So, by that logic, they want youthful offenders out on the streets, so the judge was merely obliging them.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 pm
The public defender said he believed the judge thought “that’s what the voters wanted.”
Well, I see where he's going with that. The Democrat Party always says our justice system is terrible and incarcerates too many youthful offenders. The voters in Harris County voted out Republicans and replaced them with Democrats. So, by that logic, they want youthful offenders out on the streets, so the judge was merely obliging them.
He screwed the people who voted for him in the process.

Chas.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The juvenile court Judge acted like a spoiled 5 year old Democrat. I wouldn’t vote for him no matter who he was running against.

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

Elections have consequences.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Gator Guy wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 pm Elections have consequences.
Yes they do, as proven by eight years of Obama. However, those consequences should not include a sitting judge taking spiteful actions that endanger the citizens of Harris County.

Chas.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:00 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 pm
He screwed the people who voted for him in the process.

Chas.
I didn't intend to imply that it wasn't a bad move. I was just trying to expound on what his mindset might have been.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

Were his actions that of a petty spiteful child? Yes

Was it a slap in the face of the “law and order” citizens who did vote for him? Yes

Doe sit further prove he shouldn’t have been on the bench? Absolutely

However, to play the devils advocate, this is Harris county being discuss which is a deep shade of blue. This is honestly just carrying out the exact policy of the Harris County DA. She lets more violent offenders off than the Judge did on the daily.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

DevilDawg wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 am Were his actions that of a petty spiteful child? Yes

Was it a slap in the face of the “law and order” citizens who did vote for him? Yes

However, to play the devils advocate, this is Harris county being discuss which is a deep shade of blue. This is honestly just carrying out the exact policy of the Harris County DA. She lets more violent offenders off than the Judge did on the daily.
The judge made a capricious and selfish decision. Saying that it he was doing what the voters wanted doesn't make it any more acceptable. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I agree with WildBill.

That acknowledged, does anyone have a clue why dem/commies are so pro-criminal?

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

Abraham wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 am I agree with WildBill.

That acknowledged, does anyone have a clue why dem/commies are so pro-criminal?
Birds of a feather flock together.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

WildBill wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:16 am
DevilDawg wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 am Were his actions that of a petty spiteful child? Yes

The judge made a capricious and selfish decision. Saying that it he was doing what the voters wanted doesn't make it any more acceptable. :tiphat:
Not sure that you got my point. We are not at all in disagreement about the judge. However if you think anyone on the blue side of the aisle in Houston/Harris county is going to complain you are mistaken.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

DevilDawg wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:57 pm
WildBill wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:16 am

Not sure that you got my point. We are not at all in disagreement about the judge. However if you think anyone on the blue side of the aisle in Houston/Harris county is going to complain you are mistaken.
I got your point, but I disagree with your last statement about "the blue side".
Maybe I have more faith in people in Harris County, regardless if they are "on the blue side".
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”