Texas Judge Releases Nearly All Defendants After Losing Re-Election

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

talltex
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Judge Releases Nearly All Defendants After Losing Re-Election

Post by talltex »

WildBill wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:47 am
DevilDawg wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:57 pm
WildBill wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:16 am
DevilDawg wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:38 am
Not sure that you got my point. We are not at all in disagreement about the judge. However if you think anyone on the blue side of the aisle in Houston/Harris county is going to complain you are mistaken.
I got your point, but I disagree with your last statement about "the blue side".
Maybe I have more faith in people in Harris County, regardless if they are "on the blue side".
Amen Bill...and not just applicable to Harris County, but to every county in every state. We have to get over this "us vs. them" mindset about the Republicans and Democrats. 25 years ago most all the current Republican legislators would have been running as Democrats. Texas was overwhelmingly a Democratic state and had been for the last century. There was only one Republican Governor elected in Texas until 1991 when Bill Clements won the office. He was followed by two more Democrats ( Ann Richards and Mark White) before the parties shifted almost completely to Republican and all the politicians that wanted to remain in office suddenly changed parties according to the voters numbers. We have now gotten to the point that the legislators are not allowed to vote their conscience, but whatever the party leaders tell them to vote. The result is that anything the Dems propose is voted against by all the Republicans because if they go "across the aisle" they will be severely sanctioned by the party leaders. The same applies to the Democrats--if the Repubs want it they will vote against it. Nobody is willing to compromise on anything and as a result all we get is a lot of hot air spewed out and almost nothing gets done...good or bad. Majority rule does not mean you get to have everything your way without concern for the rest of the constituents you represent. You are elected to serve ALL of the people in your District--not just the ones that voted for you. I miss the old days when they could have temper flaring debates on the floor arguing the merits of a bill, then a group of them go out to eat that night and talk it out and work out an agreement that gave a little here and got a little there but overall helped both sides. That's how progress gets made.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “The Crime Blotter”