IL:Security Guard holding bar shooter on ground shot and killed by police by accident

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jordanmills
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IL:Security Guard holding bar shooter on ground shot and killed by police by accident

Post by jordanmills »

Noggin wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:28 pm Therefore if the situation does permit the use of lethal force maybe you should not hesitate.
I've got to disagree with this. I'll hesitate right up until the last second that I believe the situation can be walked away from. I've done it a couple of times before, and that's let some real idiots stay loose to pass on their idiot genes, but they at least have a chance to grow some sense. And I can be sure that haven't caused a blue on blue if I haven't pulled the trigger, and everything can still be figured out and undone.

Noggin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: IL:Security Guard holding bar shooter on ground shot and killed by police by accident

Post by Noggin »

jordanmills wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:35 am
Noggin wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:28 pm Therefore if the situation does permit the use of lethal force maybe you should not hesitate.
I've got to disagree with this. I'll hesitate right up until the last second that I believe the situation can be walked away from. I've done it a couple of times before, and that's let some real idiots stay loose to pass on their idiot genes, but they at least have a chance to grow some sense. And I can be sure that haven't caused a blue on blue if I haven't pulled the trigger, and everything can still be figured out and undone.

I think you sould pay careful attention to what I wrote. I stated quite clearly that if the situation permits the use of lethal force then you should not hesitate to use it. To spell that out more clearly "permits the use of" means that you should have already assessed that the use of lethal force by you is valid before you even draw your weapon, once you draw said weapon you proceed to use it without hesitation. Any hesitation is done before you go for your gun, just hope that the situation you encounter gives you time to weigh the pros & cons, consider alternative actions such as retire/de escalate/isolate etc.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”