$50,000 automatic assault rifle stolen from unlocked Rolls Royce

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: $50,000 automatic assault rifle stolen from unlocked Rolls Royce

Post by Keith B »

Abraham wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:50 am Ever heard of the black market? Waaaaaaay below retail...

You that defend the 'stupid' please continue, I remain staunch in my 'opinion'.

If $3500 is under or over, I don't care. If you pay too much for...anything because you spend willy-nily you're either stupid or lazy or both.
I hope you are not condoning illegal purchases of firearms, which is against the law and the forum rules on supporting it?

You have your spending limit, others have theirs. I never thought I would pay more for a car than I paid for my first house, but I have bought a couple that were. The market drives the price, and the price for a fully-automatic mint M16 at an auction, especially if it was a certain era/serial number, could well exceed $50K.

So, while you may think it is out of line, don't call members who might be able to afford collecting cars, guns, etc, at those prices 'stupid'.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Keith B,

Not my intention to suggest either buy anything illegally or suggest collectors, etc. are stupid.

Railing against buying that, that is overpriced is my point. Rich or poor not smart. If that idea upsets you, ok...

$50,000 for an fully auto seems to me to be way over priced, but then I've never bought a full auto, but I would think one can be bought well under $50,000...my opinion.

rotor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rotor »

I got this from some website....
There are no fully automatic AR-15s. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle. The M16 is select-fire, as is the M4. M4s are not legal for civilian purchase since they started being manufactured after 1986. M16s are between $20000-$50000 depending on condition, particulars of that rifle’s history, etc. There’s only about 1200 of them in the entire US that are registered for civilian sale.

It's called supply and demand, nothing more.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

I read some where that Elton John charges $500,000 a day to his credit card.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”