TX: Church shooting averted

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

TX: Church shooting averted

Post by ELB »

https://abc13.com/waitress-says-armed-m ... h/4994584/

Seguin is my town.

Weird acting dude stops in local Mexican restaurant yesterday morning and asks waitress for directions to a church.

She realizes he’s armed and after he leaves quietly lock the door and called the cops.

Off-duty cop intercepts him on his way to “fulfill the prophecy“.

:eek6
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Church shooting averted

Post by ELB »

Oh, and
Albert wrote in a 2018 court filing that he "(associated) with Messianic Judaism and the First Church of Cannabis." In the filing, Albert explained that his affiliation with the First Church of Cannabis was a "very private and secretive one" and that he used marijuana as a "sacrament." According to Jewish Voice, Messianic Judaism integrates Christian beliefs with Jewish beliefs.
https://www.ksat.com/news/heres-everyth ... ony-albert
USAF 1982-2005

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

See Something, Say Something is the saying, right? Good on the server getting this handled quickly.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Bravo to the waitress!! How many others conceal carry in a church? When I take my wife to the church she attends on Sundays and Holidays, I always am carrying concealed. I know I'm not the only person in the congregation, but no one openly carries. This past Christmas, the church hired an off-duty police officer to stand guard at the Christmas services.

The reason is because at this church on Christmas, the Pastor orders a single pizza for the congregants to share. The congregation passes empty pizza boxes for the tip before the service, collecting between $2,000 & $5,000. The driver delivers the pizza during the sermon and is unaware that he or she was selected by their manager in collusion with the Pastor because they are down on their luck. Well, the church got wind that word has been getting out in the community about this holiday tradition and wanted to ensure the safety of the pizza driver. After the driver receives their tip, the Pastor informs them that the pizza is for them and they have rest of the holiday off with the manager's blessing to be with this family.

What is a shame is that in 2018, the church felt the need to hire an off-duty police officer because of a holiday tradition that some scumbag may exploit.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

OneGun wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:58 pm Bravo to the waitress!! How many others conceal carry in a church? When I take my wife to the church she attends on Sundays and Holidays, I always am carrying concealed. I know I'm not the only person in the congregation, but no one openly carries. This past Christmas, the church hired an off-duty police officer to stand guard at the Christmas services.

The reason is because at this church on Christmas, the Pastor orders a single pizza for the congregants to share. The congregation passes empty pizza boxes for the tip before the service, collecting between $2,000 & $5,000. The driver delivers the pizza during the sermon and is unaware that he or she was selected by their manager in collusion with the Pastor because they are down on their luck. Well, the church got wind that word has been getting out in the community about this holiday tradition and wanted to ensure the safety of the pizza driver. After the driver receives their tip, the Pastor informs them that the pizza is for them and they have rest of the holiday off with the manager's blessing to be with this family.

What is a shame is that in 2018, the church felt the need to hire an off-duty police officer because of a holiday tradition that some scumbag may exploit.
While I admire the church's charity, I would think the driver would be in great danger after leaving with a pizza box full of money, if the word has gotten out as you say, and in danger after arriving home. Takes only one BG to follow him home and rob him of the cash, perhaps violently.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I carry openly in our church except in the sanctuary during worship.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Armed man arrested in Seguin thought he was 240 miles away
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local ... 500552.php

As a society we are having a tough time figuring out what to do with this type of mentally ill person.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Return to “The Crime Blotter”