AZ: Good Samaritan shoots, kills suspect beating wounded DPS trooper on I-10

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

AZ: Good Samaritan shoots, kills suspect beating wounded DPS trooper on I-10

Post by RoyGBiv »

Good Samaritan shoots, kills suspect beating wounded DPS trooper on I-10
The suspect shot the trooper in the right shoulder, and was "getting the better of the trooper" in a fight that immediately followed.

Milstead said the suspect was on top of the trooper striking his head on the pavement.

According to Milstead, a man traveling westbound on I-10 with his wife in the car, pulled over to help the trooper.

The man retrieved a gun from his car and fired at the suspect after the suspect refused to stop attacking the trooper, Milstead said.

The suspect died as a result of the shooting and the man called for help using the trooper's radio, according to Milstead.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AZ: Good Samaritan shoots, kills suspect beating wounded DPS trooper on I-10

Post by johncanfield »

A good outcome.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Paladin

Re: AZ: Good Samaritan shoots, kills suspect beating wounded DPS trooper on I-10

Post by Paladin »

Glad it worked out. One thing we know for sure is the suspect who shot/beat the trooper won't do that again.

Situations like this are a good reminder that learning medical skills like First Aid, CPR, Stop the Bleed, or even TCCC can make a big difference in a shooting situation.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Taking a life is not an easy thing. I pray daily before I leave my home that I will not have to discharge my weapon that day but I also ask that I am would be capable to defend life if needed.

I’m glad the trooper is recovering and that the passerby was courageous enough to defend this trooper’s life.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Great outcome! But this happened two years ago.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

dlh wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 pm Great outcome! But this happened two years ago.
ARGH!

Sorry about that!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

BALLS! that good samaritan had 'em. I hope and pray, that if ever I'm called upon, I'll have a like pair.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”